Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Survivor: Samoa

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Ya gotta be friggin kidding me Yasmine. People try for years to get on that show and your happy to be the forth one voted out! You were ready to go!!

Maybe the producers need to tighten up their screening process a little so we can get people on the show who REALLY want to play the game, TO THE END!!!!!

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor Samoa: A Perfect Storm Ends A Survivor

Survivor Samoa: A Double Tribal Council Yields Surprising Results

October 22, 2009 06:29:35 by DA Southern

Survivor: Samoa rocks the house tonight as exhaustion and weakness from the lack of food sends one survivor into la-la land as a challenge gets out of hand, well, for one anyway. Even Jeff Probst has been shocked as to the physicality of this season of Survivor and, especially, tonight

What a bull sh*t tribal council. Jeff should have sent them back to their camps with a FRIGGIN PIZZA!

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Russell Swan:

Survivor: Samoa - Classic Quotes

Man these people on Survivor: Samoa sure are entertaining - what are they going to say next?!!!

Survivor Samoa: Foa Foa Continues Their Tailspin

October 29, 2009 07:55:42 by DA Southern

Survivor: Samoa looks to make a scapegoat out of one of the survivors and Russell continues his ascendancy to the merge by planting seeds for the future. With all of the new drama, mixed with the old, and no official elimination last week, tensions will be high going into tribal council this week. Maybe we can go an episode without someone succumbing to the elements.

After Galu

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Survivor: Samoa's' Elizabeth Kim: Tried to make a 'Yuppie Alliance'

By Andrea Reiher

October 30, 2009 11:54 AM

Elizabeth "Liz" Kim was the 8th person to be sent home from "Survivor: Samoa." She assures us that Russell was slippery and the weather was "100 times worse" than what we saw on TV.

What were you up to before Survivor?

I am an urban planner in the Bloomberg administration, I love my job.

Is that what you're back doing now?

Absolutely, I was very much happy and looking forward to returning to my normal life because what happened this summer was very out of the ordinary. It wasn't easy being on that island with those conditions.

That was my next question. Was the weather as bad as it looked on TV or was it actually like 100 times worse?

It was 100 times worse. I had done my research and Samoa was supposed to be going through the dry season! We had five days straight of torrential rain. You have to understand in the context. Your body is stressed beyond belief. You're starved, you're sleep-deprived, you're the world's biggest loser when it comes to challenges and none of us signed on to watch the game from the sidelines in all the rain. The rain can crack even the toughest shell. I felt very deflated but I wasn't complaining. Jaison was our tribe's biggest complainer and it's hard when someone is complaining and whining all the time.

Speaking of Jaison, Last night they edited it to make us think that Jaison might be in danger. Was that actually the case? Or were you pretty sure you were headed home?

I wasn't surprised. There was as a point earlier in the day when I was like, "Wow, Jaison really didn't pull his weight in the challenge and he's twice my size. There might be a chance that I'm staying." But I certainly wasn't blindsided. I knew that I was on Russell's hit list. When I look at the nubmers, even if we had just won one more challenge, I would've made it to the merge. But I was the odd man out. Russell had Natalie wrapped around his pinky finger and Mick and Jaison were together. I tried to work on them for a Yuppie Alliance but what I hadn't realized was that Russell had already gotten to them when he showed them the Idol.

The only shot I had was in winning challenges so I gave 110% because it was the only way I knew I wasn't going to get sent home. It's not a meritocracy though, and sometimes it's who you know that's more important. During my time in the game, I wasn't in Russell's camp. He was threatened by me. He's a chauvinist pig with a fragile ego and when confronted by a strong woman, he got them booted. It happened with Marisa and Betsy. If we had just won one more challenge I would've stayed and it would've been a different game.

Next week is the merge. Do you think your tribe will stick together and try to snag Shambo?

I think so. At this point, when you're so far down in the numbersn you have to stick together. Sink or swim. Russell has the power because he has the Idol and I think they're going to try to get Shambo into their tribe but Russell might shake it up because he's formed that secret alliance with Laura. If Mick and Jaison are smart they will get Shambo, but it's anybody's game at this point.

Have you been surprised at what you've seen from Russell on TV that you didn't see when you were out there?

No. I was the only one who (at least in the beginning) who thought he was slippery. I didn't trust him. I was lying next to him when he was telling us his Katrina story and he said he turned around and Rocky was gone and I thought something was fishy but unlike Marisa I chose not to call him out on it. My whole strategy was to be flexible and to talk less, listen more. I did that up until almost two weeks into the game and I finally couldn't take it anymore and I called Russell out on the beach about the Idol. I think that's how I avoided being part of his Dumb Ass Girl alliance. he knew not to mess with me, he knew I was smarter. Only when I confronted him did I get on his hit list.

Who are you rooting for?

I'm rooting for Mick or Jaison. Maybe even Natalie. You know, Jaison as whiny as he was and Natalie as whiny as she was and Mick as robotic as he was, I still like to think that one of my tribemates made it to the finals. I always like rooting for the underdog and we're certainly the underdogs, losing challenge after challenge. Perhaps even Russell because to his credit, he played the game. I'll give him that much.

If you had to pick somebody form Galu?

I like Eric and I like David. They are both smart and savvy strategic players. I don't' think the women are gonna make it and as much as I like Shambo personally, you can read her like an open book. She's not gonna make it far at all. David has a good head on his shoulders and Eric has the Idol.

Final thoughts?

I think I was eliminated because I was a serious threat, pure and simple. Sometimes it jsut goes to show you that giving 110% is not enough in this game. You still need to find somebody to trust and I was very much alone. Natalie and Russell are a unit and Jaison and Mick are a unit and as much as I worked on them, I was already hung out to dry. I was the odd man out.

Thanks so much for speaking with me today, Liz.

Thank you.

Courtesy of; REALITYBLLURRED

Russell and Erik both get blindsided; Erik

Courtesly of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

'Survivor: Samoa's' Laura Morett: 'Well played by Russell'

By Andrea Reiher

November 20, 2009 10:59 AM

Laura Morett was the 11th person to leave "Survivor: Samoa." She tells us regarding John's flip, "the fact that he even voted for Natalie the first time" surprised her.

What were you up to before Survivor?

Before I left, I was working down at our state capital [Ed's note: Oregon] for our legislative session. I run the office our lobbyists work out of so every other year for six months I work down there. And I was a mom.

Are you back doing that? Did "Survivor" change your plans at all?

Well, legislative session ended in June, but yeah I'm back to being mom and grandma and I'm a student, I go to Liberty University. I do the courses online. Back to being the taxi driver, the baker, and the wife. I have a great granddaughter, Layla, she's two-and-a-half years old.

So tell us about last night's episode. Were you surprised by the initial tie?

Yes and no. I was surprise because I really didn't think that John would've even stayed loyal the first round so the fact that he even voted for Natalie the first time really surprised me. Then the minute that they read my name twice, I knew that Monica and Brett and Dave's plan to use John as the decoy didn't work and when they read Natalie's name 5 times, I was surprised that John stayed true for the first vote.

So you knew John was the person who flipped, even before last night?

Yeah. I knew John was coming after me, even back when Russell Swan was in the game. What people don't know is that Brett and I have a really tight alliance. I knew his family from my church, so Brett and I are tight. So the Galu foursome we're talking about [Ed's note: The four men], Brett would tell me what was going on, so I knew that John was really threatened by me and Monica's alliance, he wanted me out. It was win-win in John's eyes because he's finally getting me out but he's not spearheading the "Let's get Laura out" movement.

So did you know Brett before "Survivor?"

[Ed's note: Laura was not allowed to answer this question]

Before you saw last night's episode, did you know Russell found the Idol a third time?

We didn't actually witness him finding it, but we pretty much knew. You saw the whole cat-and-mouse chase through the jungle. I would say that lasted about an hour and the next thing we saw was him in the hammock, just hanging out. He practically had the mouse's tale hanging out of his mouth.

Who do you think is playing the best game?

I think Brett was playing a good game, I think that Russell was playing a strong game. He was playing a very, very aggressive game. I didn't necessarily like that, that's not how I played, but I knew he was playing an aggressive game. Brett is very likable, he's a great guy, so I knew that he had potential and I was rooting for Brett.

At the time, you were pretty mad about Russell and the Idol being played to get Kelly out, but is it fun to watch on TV now that you're home or are you still mad?

It's fun to watch it on TV. It sucks that I lost, but I'm not a bitter person. I'm a competitor. I'm big enough to stick my hand out and say "well played" and it was well played by Russell.

It sucked, I loved Kelly and to have that happen to her... so unfair. To turn around and slap somebody, and to have it be Kelly, it really hurt to have that happen. So in that aspect it was not fun at all, but it's fun watching the show. Like I said, I'm not a poor sport, I'm not a sore loser and that was good play.

Did you ever repair things with Shambo?

I did apologize to her when the show was over and we were done filming. I said, "Shambo, if there was something I did that made you feel like I was being mean to you or isolating you, I never did it intentionally. I'm sorry if I did something that made you feel that way." Whether she accepted, I don't know, but I went to her and told her I was sorry. I can't change how someone feels about me.

Do you have any final thoughts you'd like to share?

I think that any time you go onto a reality show you put it in the editor's hands how you're being portrayed. And the one thing I'd like to say is that I'm not a mean person, I'm not evil-spirited and I would challenge anyone to tell me one thing I did that was mean to Shambo, that was evil-spirited. I never did anything to her because if I did CBS would've showed it.

Just because Shambo said it doesn't make it true. It's hard to watch that. My friends and family know and the people on the island know that she isolated herself, played this victim role and then pointed her finger at me. It hurts my heart to think that somebody would think I did that to them. Hopefully the viewers will see that I didn't pick on her, I wasn't mean to her. I'm sorry if there was something I did that made her feel that way but it wasn't ever intentional.

Well how VERY interesting that Laura at the VERY least knew Brett's family, and I do have to wonder if she knew Brett (esp. since she wasn't allowed to answer that question). I definitely don't like the idea of people coming into the game with pre-made alliances, and no one else has a clue they had a connection before the show began.

Yes that is surprising that Survivor would cast people that know each other.

Hey maybe Shambo is really Russell's wife ........ just kidding

She's an idiot. Why would she say that she knew his family.

In the brief time that I watched Laura onscreen, it seemed to me that she had some sort of very different concept of what was going-on around her as opposed to those persons involved directly with what was going-on around her; and them. The same for Monica. It clearly bothered her that shambo didn't like her - even after the fact. I don't know about that. Some people cannot see the forest. I probably would have liked her better had she told shambo on national tv to go F&&K her silly self.

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

If Laura ( or Luara for some - LOL ) DID know Brett or his family - that is total BULLSH*T and one or both should have NOT been in the game !!

so if true, I hope Brett is out next - if true, he and Laura should be disqualified

IMO

Well if the Survivors meet each other the first time on the boat (or whatever) How would anybody know if the cast knows each other? Brett and Laura are not related in anyway, Laura knows his family from church. I guess the only real crime is casting people who live too close to each other.

'Survivor: Samoa's' Laura Morett: 'Well played by Russell'

By Andrea Reiher

November 20, 2009 10:59 AM

So did you know Brett before "Survivor?"

[Ed's note: Laura was not allowed to answer this question]

Well if the Survivors meet each other the first time on the boat (or whatever) How would anybody know if the cast knows each other?

Do you mean actually meet each other for the first time or the first time they see each other ?

if they meet on the boat and then as time goes by realize they know the same people -well, thats one thing

I would think that once you know you've been picked for survivor, you'd be telling everyone you saw, let alone people you know. So my guess would be that if they did in fact know each other, which to me, her not being allowed to answer is a yes, then they may have both known/heard the other was going, if not spoke about it themselves.

IMO

I cant/dont remember - are they not allowed to tell people they've been picked for the show ?

Do you mean actually meet each other for the first time or the first time they see each other ?

if they meet on the boat and then as time goes by realize they know the same people -well, thats one thing

I would think that once you know you've been picked for survivor, you'd be telling everyone you saw, let alone people you know. So my guess would be that if they did in fact know each other, which to me, her not being allowed to answer is a yes, then they may have both known/heard the other was going, if not spoke about it themselves.

IMO

I cant/dont remember - are they not allowed to tell people they've been picked for the show ?

I don't know if they're allowed to tell or not. I guess Big Brother Houseguests are allowed. Survivor may be different. Still, even if you are allowed to tell you've been picked. Will you tell everybody? The people at church? I'd tell my immediate family, closest friends, and the people I work with. I wouldn't be calling distant cousins, the lady who cuts my hair, or the mailman.

I don't know why she wasn't allowed to answer that question. Maybe she met Brett at a church function, but neither had any idea the other was going on Survivor. I wouldn't call foul if that's how it happened, and didn't seem to play out in the show. Wasn't he and the other Galu men gunning for her?