Chima - Part 2

PauliesGirl

For the ill informed out there RAPE is not a crime of SEX. And what YOU would do or saw is not the end all and the be all for the rest of us.

I agree but wasn't it convienent that she brought it up after Russel rejected her? I am not a fan of his so this has nothing to do with him but, Rape is a very traumatic thing and I know that after something like that no woman is going to sleep around like she has claimed to have done..IE> I've had many sex partners. I think it would make you a little more nicer and she should be thankful she is alive instead of so hateful to people and her feeling of entitlement. and all her threats to everyone! she of all people should know what it feels like to be threatened. she does need help, did she ever get any after the incident? she probably told the DR. what to do if she did get help. And yes I know people who have been raped and they never acted like she did.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone has problems... (referer to earlier post)... promisquity, suicide attempts, jacked up families, crappy relationships, crappy homelife, disatisfied with current situation, worried about their future, worried about the state of our nation, loss of love, loss of friendship, dealt with a disease, dealt with drugs/alcohol, etc... they will always have screwballs out there and definitely in the house.. that is a given, that is part of what makes the show as successful as it is. But reguardless of this, that or the other... you are expected to go and handle your business and handle it like an adult. If you don't there will be backlash, heck there is for everyone! Chima best be prepared for an avalanche, cuz the thunders coming her way... she played herself up to be this strong, proud woman, when in reality (which was obviously too much for her) she is just a calf... SHE made her bed (probably with her Barbie Farytopia sheets) now she needs to lay in it.

Here is Steven Daigle's (BB10) blog about Chima's departure...

(This does not necessarily express the views of this poster)

by Steven Daigle

So I haven't blogged really since everyone first went in the house this year, but the Chima exit is totally worthy of some time. I first wanna say that I haven't seen the feeds from her leaving and have only heard rumors about a mic going in the hot tub and something about some m&ms in a drink, whatever that is about.

I think what she did is very disappointing and frustrating, whether you liked her or not. There are so many people out there who would kill for the opportunity that she got and she basically, for a lack of better words, took a Sh*t on all those people.

Everyone's first reaction is to call her names and bash her because she took the easy way out and walked. Truth be told, we really need to understand that she just didn't have the mental strength to deal with the house or the incredible amount of pressure she was under. If you have never been in the house you can never fully understand the emotional rollarcoaster ride it puts you on, constant adrenaline, fear, paranoia, excitement, boredom and anticipation all streaming through your veins 24 hours a day. There are only a small portion of the population that can actually deal with those pressures, and she aint one of them.

The sad part is, whether you liked her or not, she made GREAT TV, and we watched to see what craziness or drama she would start day after day. Unlike Jessie, who a few claimed made good TV (he did not make good TV, he caused drama but he was just annoying and foolish and I usually turned the channel when he came on) Chima was truly unpredictable and kept you coming back for more, I personally didn't like her, but I couldn't wait to see what she was gonna do next.

What I am thinking most about now is what kind of reaction she is getting from the producers.

Being behind the scenes, you quickly learn that of all the bad things you could do in the Big Brother house (excluding endangering yours or someone else's safety) is walk out. From day one it is drilled into your head that you walk out that door and you are burning a bridge that can never be repaired and basically CBS and Ourhouse will wash their hands of you.

One thing Big Brother hates is a QUITTER, and they are the first to tell ya! I have a feeling that what Chima thought was important enough at the time to walk out of the Big Brother house isn't even going to compare to the backlash that is going to occur now. Not only will she have to face all of the Contractual issues with CBS (especially paying for a mic she intentionally destroyed which costs about $5000), but the fact that Production will probably turn their back on her, and now America is going unleash it's fury and that fury will probably be devastating to her.

She is in store for a world of hurtin' and hopefully she will stay off of the Internet for about the next 6 months, otherwise she will be needing some serious therapy. What Big Brother puts you through (which she couldn't hack) ain't even remotely close to what the Big Brother Fans will do to her. I wish her luck after she gets released, SHE IS GONNA NEED IT...

Oh and Chima if you read this.. "Suck It Bitches" is my Big Brother saying, OK Miss Thang...

Steven BB10

He is naive as hell because Chima did not quit as CBS fired her ass after doing all they could putting up with her :animated_rotfl:

My comments surrounding Chima toe between a very fine line. I can see the person in her, the player, and how they are when they merge.

On a whole, Chima needs to control what she can likely because of the event that happened in her life. I understand that completely, I really really do. Let's also remember that she survived that though. He was a serial killer, but he didn't kill her. That alone is pretty amazing. So clearly she's a pretty damn good fighter as well.

As a fighter, a player, I know what it's like to do anything to win.

As a human being who has gotten severely angry at someone before, I know what it's like to say hateful, hurtful things to them either to shut them up, or hurt them as much as they hurt me... only to regret it later. Even here I've said, and have seen others say, some pretty rude things concerning the HGs we dislike which can be (and were) misinterpreted. When we're angy enough, we say some pretty disgusting things.

I can "forgive" and forget Chima's behaviour. I really don't wish her any ill will in real life. I really don't want her career to be ruined. I do think she should take ownership of her behaviour and admit that she's human. That's not to excuse it, but to own it.

I really think it should fall back down to the producers. I've said it so many times that they are to blame for even allowing her (or Lydia) into the house. I don't understand how it is that people who have suffered emotional/mental instability are allowed to be placed into a house where their support systems aren't in place. That's bogus to me. It's "good tv" for BB, but these are peoples lives.

Given Chima's history, it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a doctor to detect how she'll cope. Hell, we've all basically agreed on the control and victimology issue. Surely BB and their psych test couldn't miss that if we were able to catch it immediately. What do you expect from her really? She's a ticking time bomb, she was bound to explode and we saw her getting closer to that point. Ya, she has a responsibility for herself, but the producers of this show also have one. If you see someone reaching their breaking point, friggen pull the plug on them. I'm curious to know if at any point they offered her some help?

Then you have Lydia who said she was so upset that she wanted to cut herself. BB called her to the DR and said if she did, she'd have to leave. WTF??? Did they also offer her medical help and to talk to someone? If the girl is wanting to cut herself, that's a huge cry for help whether she's really going to do it or not. Instead of hearing the cry, they threaten her with being kicked off. That's messed up, hugely.

In short, our own schemas make up who we are and how we respond to things.. especially in stressful situations. I don't think Chima was fully in control of her own self to be able to grasp and cope with changes in the game. Now that she's out of the game however, it would be nice for her to take ownership of that and apologize for going too far in a lot of the things she's said.

BB also needs to look at this season and learn from it. Every year they try and push the envelope a little bit further. When I say that, I'm mostly thinking of how it really got bad with Dick and Jen. I'm surprised BB didn't step in more then. Instead, they used that as a model it seems by bringing in people with messed up lives for even more drama.

I like fighting, I love good game play, but I don't like seeing peoples problems used against them. As individuals the HGs should be accountable for their words and actions. But even before that, BB needs to be held accountable for the people they choose to participate in an abnormal and stressful situation.

Whether or not Chima was mentally strong enough to have been cast on BB and whether or not her tirades against Russell were racist and whether or not she hated men IMO she defied the producers one too many times and that got her thrown out. I can just see them telling her she had to pay for the mic and her telling them no she wouldn't and them telling her that she could then leave and her telling them OK I quit. Now, both sides can appear truthful- the producers asking her to leave and her telling that blogger she quit. Whatever the real story - I'm glad she's gone but only because I disliked her whole alliance and now two of them are gone with hopefully a third to go this week.

Thanks for explaining the DOR!

The violent assault against Chima does not allow her to treat other people the way she does. Period. As Jeff said the other night, when someone is down & out, how they react is a TRUE expression of their character. When Chima & her alliance were on top, she happy as a lark. At her 1st taste of being out of power, she collapsed mentally & emotionally with her vial attitude & childish behavior.

What it appears to me about Chima is that Chima is a spoiled little brat. Chima was fine and dandy when she was the QBIC--HoH Princess demanding all of her servants to vote as she wished and to do everything she wanted. All was fine and good. THEN, things went horribly bad for her and she lost all of her power and she realized that there was NO WAY that she was going to win the game. Wah wah wah, she took her marbles and went home!! Those mean BB people didn't play the game my way so that I would win...I'm going home!!!

This infuriates me as thousands of people would love to be in the BB house (me included if I could afford to do it). It's a J-O-B and they need to respect the producers. I don't understand the lack of respect from some of the HGs. What unappreciative (so it seems--I could be wrong) little BRATS!!!!

I really think it should fall back down to the producers. I've said it so many times that they are to blame for even allowing her (or Lydia) into the house. I don't understand how it is that people who have suffered emotional/mental instability are allowed to be placed into a house where their support systems aren't in place. That's bogus to me. It's "good tv" for BB, but these are peoples lives.

BB also needs to look at this season and learn from it. Every year they try and push the envelope a little bit further. When I say that, I'm mostly thinking of how it really got bad with Dick and Jen. I'm surprised BB didn't step in more then. Instead, they used that as a model it seems by bringing in people with messed up lives for even more drama.

I like fighting, I love good game play, but I don't like seeing peoples problems used against them. As individuals the HGs should be accountable for their words and actions. But even before that, BB needs to be held accountable for the people they choose to participate in an abnormal and stressful situation.

I think we are along very same lines Elle. I agree with what you said.

One further point, it's not just the producers here. They had legal responsibilities to have whatever done and time (and lawsuits) will determine if they met those responsibilities but how they cast is based on the reactions they get to previous seasons castings. The blame, if there is any to spread, falls also into the laps of the viewers. Public rallying or outcry goes further than common sense when casting for these things. And sometimes, wrong decisions are made. Both inside and outside the house. All of this would make an awesome thesis for a Psych major!

I think we are along very same lines Elle. I agree with what you said.

One further point, it's not just the producers here. They had legal responsibilities to have whatever done and time (and lawsuits) will determine if they met those responsibilities but how they cast is based on the reactions they get to previous seasons castings. The blame, if there is any to spread, falls also into the laps of the viewers. Public rallying or outcry goes further than common sense when casting for these things. And sometimes, wrong decisions are made. Both inside and outside the house. All of this would make an awesome thesis for a Psych major!

Chima would have zero basis for a lawsuit . IT ain't gonna happen ;)

I am one of the most empathetic people that exist in the world. Do I feel bad for her being raped, of course. However what she did and said in the house, and the results of those actions... well I don't like her, I don't support her, and I thought she was in the wrong with what she did and said in the house, PTSD or not.

ITA, erin. We can only judge the people they are within the house and if they mostly show the bad side of themselves then that is how we form our feelings about them. If I was horrible people at work, I could expect people at work to hate me and when they went home and told their family and friends about how horrible I was, I would expect them to hate me too. You have to accept responsibility for how you act no matter what enviroment you are in.

My comments surrounding Chima toe between a very fine line. I can see the person in her, the player, and how they are when they merge.

On a whole, Chima needs to control what she can likely because of the event that happened in her life. I understand that completely, I really really do. Let's also remember that she survived that though. He was a serial killer, but he didn't kill her. That alone is pretty amazing. So clearly she's a pretty damn good fighter as well.

As a fighter, a player, I know what it's like to do anything to win.

As a human being who has gotten severely angry at someone before, I know what it's like to say hateful, hurtful things to them either to shut them up, or hurt them as much as they hurt me... only to regret it later. Even here I've said, and have seen others say, some pretty rude things concerning the HGs we dislike which can be (and were) misinterpreted. When we're angy enough, we say some pretty disgusting things.

I can "forgive" and forget Chima's behaviour. I really don't wish her any ill will in real life. I really don't want her career to be ruined. I do think she should take ownership of her behaviour and admit that she's human. That's not to excuse it, but to own it.

Given Chima's history, it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a doctor to detect how she'll cope. Hell, we've all basically agreed on the control and victimology issue. Surely BB and their psych test couldn't miss that if we were able to catch it immediately. What do you expect from her really? She's a ticking time bomb, she was bound to explode and we saw her getting closer to that point. Ya, she has a responsibility for herself, but the producers of this show also have one. If you see someone reaching their breaking point, friggen pull the plug on them. I'm curious to know if at any point they offered her some help?

Then you have Lydia who said she was so upset that she wanted to cut herself. BB called her to the DR and said if she did, she'd have to leave. WTF??? Did they also offer her medical help and to talk to someone? If the girl is wanting to cut herself, that's a huge cry for help whether she's really going to do it or not. Instead of hearing the cry, they threaten her with being kicked off. That's messed up, hugely.

In short, our own schemas make up who we are and how we respond to things.. especially in stressful situations. I don't think Chima was fully in control of her own self to be able to grasp and cope with changes in the game. Now that she's out of the game however, it would be nice for her to take ownership of that and apologize for going too far in a lot of the things she's said.

Awesome post Elle. I agree. People are too quick to attack others. It's nice to see thoughtful insight on the situation.

Glad you're an expert on the timeliness of ppl getting mental health assistance. There are people out there with PTSD who still haven't gotten help for various reasons. So they suck, too? You have no clue what was available to her, was it the right treatment/time, did the execution of the perp. cause her to go back in any progress she'd made. Be GLAD you didn't live through what she did. Someone else didn't.

What do YOU lose on having empathy? That's the part I don't get with many of these anti-Chima posters.

I'll explain it to you because I bet I know a big reason why Chima is the way she is.

People like some of those on these message boards who make excuses for her because of her past. I bet people have been making excuses for her ALL HER LIFE, from her friends to her family to even complete strangers. She should have been kicked in the ass a LONG time ago and told to buck up but instead people all her life have been telling her "it's OK" and "that's just Chima...we accept it!"

When you make excuses for a person's horrible actions you are simply continuing the cycle and letting her know it's OK to do whatever she wants.

If a child is bad you punish the child. You don't pat them on the back and tell them it's OK. Why should an adult be any different?

Oh, and one more point. Yet ANOTHER reason Chima is the way she is is because of another of your statements "Be Glad you didn't live through what she did". You know what? PLENTY OF US have been through hell and back again buddy. Some of us have been in wars. Some of us have lost people VERY close to us MUCH too early in life. SOME OF US HAVE EVEN LOST CHILDREN. How DARE you assume what we have been through. The difference is many of us have chosen to DEAL with it and have not felt the world owes us everything because of what we have been through.

Pissed? Yeah I'm pissed...because people like Chima get away with all kinds of crap and people like you sweep it under the rug.

It shouldn't be any different. I can't speak for everyone, but I know in my trying to understand Chima's behaviour, I'm not excusing it. I said it many times that she needs to take ownership of it. I also said how BB also needs to be held accountable which I stand by. This doesn't mean a lawsuit (I would hate that). But I do think they need to be more careful and responsible with who they choose to allow in the BB house in the future.

Again, trying to understand someone's actions doesn't mean justifying them. Just as with a child, just because their actions are bad, doesn't mean that they in turn are bad. Being able to understand the why helps me to distinguish between the behaviour and the person. A parent should never tell their child that they are bad, rather that what they did is bad. I think we all can agree that Chima's actions haven't been good at all, but that's not to say she's a horrible person all together.

QUOTE (ElleNaturelle @ Aug 16 2009, 01:37 PM)

I am not going to post Elle's post, in order to save beleagured server space, but just wanted to say that she said in a much more eloquent way what I was trying to say in my earlier post of today. I really, really enjoy BB - it is the only show of its type that I always watch. I think the show producers need to be careful about losing boundaries. For the sake of all concerned.

Thank you, ElleNaturelle, and thanks to each of you for giving me a place to go and share my thoughts on Big Brother. It has certainly been a learning process for me. Good or bad. It was mostly fun.

Elle, the problem I have with blaming it on BB is this. It's possible (I'm not saying definite) that for whatever reason, whether it's her true self or if what she went through caused it, that Chima is a sociopath. Many sociopaths can seem like the most charming, incredibly stable human beings alive UNTIL something doesn't go their way. She may have appeared completely normal and stable to the producers and even the psych evaluators.

At the start chima simply seemed like a Diva and that's probably why BB cast her, they wanted a Diva. I doubt they knew she had THESE tendencies. I doubt they knew she was going to go nuts and start calling people terrorists and flying into the Twin Towers.

Then again, maybe they did. We'll never know.

It's scary sometimes how some of the most normal looking and sounding people can go batshit crazy given the right triggers. Plenty of psychologists have been fooled.

Whatever her reasons or her excuses for acting like the spoiled primadonna beotch that she did, I'm just glad she is gone. I would have been sick if she had won BB (or even came in 2nd). Good riddance to bad rubbish. :party_smilie:

Xal...maybe they need a Big Brother Boot Camp to really test these people out on how they can endure under less than hospitable conditions. Now they give them a written test and keep them living the Life of Riley in a nice Hotel room with all the trimmings. But then maybe they want unbalanced people like Lydia and Chima. IMO these two are/were out of control. Evil Dick at least was never personally hating on any of the houseguest, he was putting on a show. Not that I liked everything he did, mind you.

Hi, Ginger...IDK for sure about Chima's infractions. For one thing she refused to accept that the Coup d'Etat was part of the game and that it was unfair. The rules as I understand them states Coup d'Etat after used would mean the HOH, even tough usurped, could not compete in the following HOH comp. Chima was allowed to do so, probably as a concession on CBS's part to keep her in the game. The remaining two days Chima went from bad to worse when she was nominated for eviction. Chima says in her blog she wanted to quit when her HOH was overthrown. Chima refused to accept much less expect the unexpected. If I lose in a game or in life, I hold my head up and and take my lumps, whether deserved or not. Chima was too cowardly to face eviction. By walking out, she will never work for any Viacom/CBS affiliate. Previously she had done Red Carpet events for BET, a subsidiary of Viacom, where she can no longer work. She was also telling the BB staff to fuck themselves, shooting them dozens of birds. Supposedly, according to BB, when AG told Chima she would have to pay thousands from her stipend (if she stayed) for the microphone she destroyed Chima went ballistic and demaned to leave, forfeiting any stipend whatsoever.

Archived