Folks in the SouthEast ...

shann

Ok, I just sent the following email to CBS:

Hello! I am a member of a message board that is *mostly* devoted to Big Brother. Lately quite a few of our members have been able to be in the audience of the "live" eviction nights and meet each other ... which got some of us to thinking a larger "meet-up" would be fun. What better night to meet-up with other BB fans than on the finale night?

I am letting you know on the off chance CBS would like to help "sponsor" the night. Currently we're discussing locations and Chattanooga, TN is looking like the best central spot for people to come in from Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, and maybe even the Carolina's!

Having CBS' support would be great. Please let me know if CBS would like to participate in our BB fan gathering!

Thanks,

Shan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AAAWWW Shucks 123 thanks :blush:

I have another idea too... I am a Jaycee and have contacts in both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge that I could make a call to and get us GREAT hotel rates, if that is a area people might be interested in...

Well, we could make a weekend thing out of it... Get together on the finale night, I'm guessing it will be a Sunday right? Come in on Friday if it is...

last year the finale was on Tuesday... I think...

I can't remember George... By the way, I also have connections in the Blue Ridge area, and Chattanooga in the Hotel industry, and if anyone were to fly in, I also have a connection for cheap car rentals...

George... Thanks for the guesstimation date 9/15!!!

Shan that's a great idea to try and get CBS on board... good luck with that.

Yana has lots of contacts and I agree if she get some past house guests that would be totally awesome!!

Good luck everyone with setting this up... again, great idea!!!

OK Guys I have talked to my contact and I think I can get us rooms at a really good rate at any of the places we have talked about so far... If nobody minds I will set up the hotel, I think I can get us great prices, that most people don't get due to my Jaycees connection... Is that ok with everyone???

Another thing is, if Morty feels up to it, I wouldn't be opposed to chipping in and helping him get to us either... What does everyone think about that idea???

jammer, have you been to Wallys? Would make a good meeting spot maybe?

Wally's is a pretty good place, had my parents anniversary party there once. Downhome cooking...LOL! Best part is it's right off the freeway.

I just got off the phone with George, and we think that the finale will be on a Tuesday, and we might have to do another night because of it... I am going to make some calls tomorrow about hotels, unless it's not ok with you all...I think we should make our decision based on the prices we get on hotels... I was thinking too, that if we wanted to do some kind of Big Brother convention sort of thing, after the show is over, Gatlinburg/Piegon Forge would be the perfect area to get Jordan to come, which might get Jeff to come also... We'd just have to see how it plays out...

Ugh, Canada is so far away. So stupid.

Yeah and it's too bad that you aren't that close to Vancouver... Next year we are going on a cruise, and we will be departing the ship in Vancouver on the 17th of September...

OK In all my excitement I forgot it's Friday and I can't call the hotels until Monday LOL, but if it's alright with everyone I will get on the hotels Monday, but please let me know what day is going to be best for you all...

Suez your from Youngstown? That's where my mother was born and both of my grandparents are buried there. So will my mother in the long future.

I want Jeff in Allstars :wub:

Original from Parma, lived in Berea, Bedford etc. Luvmanatees. Then moved to Chgo in 67, then Anaheim, CA in 76...now in Ytown last 7 yrs caring for my

MIL...its a small world......

Yana, I have no problems with others organizing things! :) Especially when they're as well connected as you!!

If we make this into a weekend thing, I might not be able to make all of it. Just depends on what the weekend is. It's almost football season and we already have weekend hotel reservations for wherever UGA is playing ... I think we only have 1 weekend in September that we're not traveling, which is the Arkansas game.

I might be able to drive up to Chattanooga for a get together (depends on if I have found a new job by then) or I could help host one in Atlanta if that would be better for those in SC and southern GA.

Fuskie

Who suggests that any location have public WiFi so that we can join up in Morty's TV Chat and Twitter...

What weekend is that Shan?

Looks like Sept 19th weekend is Arkansas game.

Offtopic ... Holy crap! The only other weekend after that we have off isn't until the end of October. It looks like we're going to every other game! Full weekends from Sept til Dec!! I'm tired just thinking of it.

Archived