Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

500 Days of Summer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

a_starry_night

a_starry_night

• Pip
  • 538 posts
I had been hearing good reviews about this movie so I decided to see it last night and I loved it!!

Rotten tomatoes gave it an 89% which is pretty high for them. And i loved Zooey Deschanel (from Elf) & joseph gordan-levitt (3rd rock from the sun).

But like the movie says... warning - it's not a love story.

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
I haven't seen it but I'm guessing that the guy meets some girl named Summer and he reflects about the 500 days of knowing her and what she might have taught him...then I'm guessing she dies? I really have no clue, but this is my take from the previews. It doesn't look like a romance.

a_starry_night

a_starry_night

• Pip
  • 538 posts
elle, it is a romance, but more towards real romance in real life. the movie starts with them breaking up (not dying! that would be awful!) but i really recommend it. smile.gif maybe when it's on video?

Amberly

Amberly

• Pip
  • 8 posts
It was really good. The opening to the movie really sets the tone giggle.gif

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Just rented the DVD last night. Loved it!! My fave was the greeting card that he wrote..... Roses are Red, Violets are Blue (then the inside said) F#%$ you W#ore!

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
I absolutely LOVE this movie!! It's more like a real romance, not a Hollywood one and, although it's not necessarily a "happy" ending, it really ends up being one and thats all I'm gonna say. Rent it- you won't regret it. It's worth seeing the movie just for the musical number in it alone!

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
it will make all men hate all woman...
BUT, at the same time I loved this movie, even though it frustrated me beyound belief..

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
it will make all men hate all woman...

I disagree- it may make them understand women even less than they already do now but I don't think it'll make them hate them. They WILL identify with the male lead, however!

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,129 posts
Definitely not the formulaic romantic comedies you usually get from Hollywood. Very refreshing. I also loved it.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
i watched it on a double date setting, and me and the other guy got pissed off...haha.

But thats why its such a great movie.. if you make people sitting in their living room get pissed off at the movie, the director did something right.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,129 posts
Ali Fedotowsky, ABC's new Bachelorette, has described the man she will be looking to meet and fall in love with as Tom Hanson from the movie 500 Days Of Summer (Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character). That is her ideal man. Let's see how many guys show up on the first night wearing a button-down shirt and sweater vest.

CarolinaGirl

CarolinaGirl

• Pip
  • 224 posts
It's been months and I am still obsessed with this soundtrack. AND JGL of course!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users