Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a_starry_night

500 Days of Summer

12 posts in this topic

I had been hearing good reviews about this movie so I decided to see it last night and I loved it!!

Rotten tomatoes gave it an 89% which is pretty high for them. And i loved Zooey Deschanel (from Elf) & joseph gordan-levitt (3rd rock from the sun).

But like the movie says... warning - it's not a love story.

I haven't seen it but I'm guessing that the guy meets some girl named Summer and he reflects about the 500 days of knowing her and what she might have taught him...then I'm guessing she dies? I really have no clue, but this is my take from the previews. It doesn't look like a romance.

elle, it is a romance, but more towards real romance in real life. the movie starts with them breaking up (not dying! that would be awful!) but i really recommend it. :) maybe when it's on video?

Just rented the DVD last night. Loved it!! My fave was the greeting card that he wrote..... Roses are Red, Violets are Blue (then the inside said) F#%$ you W#ore!

I absolutely LOVE this movie!! It's more like a real romance, not a Hollywood one and, although it's not necessarily a "happy" ending, it really ends up being one and thats all I'm gonna say. Rent it- you won't regret it. It's worth seeing the movie just for the musical number in it alone!

it will make all men hate all woman...

BUT, at the same time I loved this movie, even though it frustrated me beyound belief..

it will make all men hate all woman...

I disagree- it may make them understand women even less than they already do now but I don't think it'll make them hate them. They WILL identify with the male lead, however!

Definitely not the formulaic romantic comedies you usually get from Hollywood. Very refreshing. I also loved it.

i watched it on a double date setting, and me and the other guy got pissed off...haha.

But thats why its such a great movie.. if you make people sitting in their living room get pissed off at the movie, the director did something right.

Ali Fedotowsky, ABC's new Bachelorette, has described the man she will be looking to meet and fall in love with as Tom Hanson from the movie 500 Days Of Summer (Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character). That is her ideal man. Let's see how many guys show up on the first night wearing a button-down shirt and sweater vest.