Live Eviction Show Adventure

ZuZuMamou

Hello Morty's TV!

I am back from my (much too short) visit to Hollywood and so excited to share with all of you the awesome adventure of a Live Eviction Show.

To help the story along I need to start a few weeks ago when, on a whim, I went to a website for On Camera Audiences and registered for tickets for some of my favourite shows. Of course I signed up for Big Brother and the only other show on when I'm up late at night doing live feed updates, the Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I got an email saying I'd be notified if tickets become available and pretty much forgot about it after that. "As if" I said to myself after getting that message.

On July 13, I came home from work and took a few minutes to check in on Morty's to catch up on the days live feed action when the "You've got mail..." voice interrupted my feed listening/update reading. I decided to see what it was (its usually spam) and was surprised to see that it was from the on camera audience place. It told me to go to the website and make my request as tickets were available if I still wanted them and that it was first come, first serve. I laughed to myself and hit the link. Typed in my info..put in a request fro 4 tickets and when my screen refreshed read, with increasing disbelief, that I had 4 seats for the August 6th taping. I printed that page faster than I knew my printer could print! Then I thought, "There's got to be a catch". When the confirmation email came in, followed by a notification that Craig Ferguson tickets were available for August 5th, I started to think the stars were aligning or something. When I went to get Ferguson tickets and they were also confirmed the deal was sealed for me. I was going to Hollywood!

I ended up going with a couple of friends (my husband and son watched BB at home, willingly, for the first time ever! ha ha) but it was amazing! On Wednesday, we went to the taping of Craig Ferguson. We chatted with the audience coordinator and told him we came all the way from Canada to see a few shows. He was nice and polite and couldn't believe we'd travel that far for our shows. (I won't bother with those details you all want to hear about BB :) )

We left our cellphones and cameras back at the hotel as the tickets were pretty explicit about not bringing them anywhere near the studio. The tickets said to dress nicely, so we did, and we kept the purses small. On Thursday afternoon at about 2 p.m. we had a taxi drop us off at the studio gates. We were instructed where to wait. We got in line behind a terrific family, Ty (Tye? I never asked him to spell it) and his Mom and Dad who had driven there from Dallas,Texas and behind us was the Mom and son team of Nancy and Matt (they had been to every live show this season). After waiting till about 2:30 - they only let the cars park and the line start to enter the studio then, we were called in through security by some members of the production team.

As we are waiting to go through security who do we see but our friendly audience coordinator from the day before. He remembered us and stopped by to say hello. After going through security (don't mess around with cameras/cell phones/PDA's, they will NOT let them in) we were given a contractual form to sign (saying we wouldn't do anything to disturb the integrity of the game - no yelling out when the door opened etc and agreed to our image appearing on TV) and had our photos taken. We were then sorted in some way - the why or how of it I will never be able to understand and told that we'd be taken into the studio in about an hour. They gave us cards to fill out asking general fan type questions "Who's your fav, what would you ask the HOH etc" and left us to mingle until 4 p.m.

At 4 p.m. they walked us to the set. As we entered I was so excited and nervous I got very quiet and my friend thought I was getting bored and wanted to leave. LOL. When I walked into the set it was all there in front of me. The couches Julie sits on, the tv screen..... the door to the BB house!!!!

They seated us (again, the rhyme or reason is sure to be some sort of TV mystery) and I was seated in the third row, 4th seat in from the 'walk of shame' aisle and when I looked up, I realized it was right behind Julie! I was so nervous, everyone would be able to see me, the heat had made my hair all weird, I didn't have a make up artist. hee hee hee.

One of the (I think he was) production fellows named Eric took us over. He told us what was going to happen. "We were going to have the most fun ever!" He gave us advice on what to do and not do on camera. "Look at Julie, not at the monitors. You don't want to be "that Guy" you know the one, the one that is pointing and staring at himself on the screen while on the screen" and taught us that if you don't smile when you clap you look "just plain crazy". Try it, he's not lying! He asked how many people found themselves watching Showtime late at night when it's just two people playing chess. Then he thanked us for not having lives. Ha ha ha. He gave us a bit of etiquette on what to do when the evictee came out. Said they spent 4 weeks in the house and no matter who it was, they had been stomped on and endured psychological stress we couldn't imagine. He asked us to applaud like we liked them (ha ha ha) and to "Show them the love they've been missing" at least while the show was on.

Then they brought Julie Chen out to check lighting, etc etc. She said hello to everyone and we did a run through of the opening . Julie on her mark and us clapping a looking at Julie smiling (so we didn't look crazy) and then she had to go practice her teleprompter. They did ask us not to lip sync to the teleprompter either as we'd also just end up looking 'out there'. It was all very fun, high energy and a ton of fun. Eric introduced us to the man who is the voice of Big Brother and we got to ask for requests for him to say stuff. I don't want to post his name until I hear from Morty or someone else it's okay - don't want to get into any trouble here! The audience played a Big Brother trivia game and the winners got "Big Brother Audience Member" t-shirts. I didn't play - boo hoo. But I'd love a shirt if anyone from CBS is reading. :animated_rotfl: The lights kept adjustting and the cameras moving during this and I think it's done to get you comfortable with the cameras.

During the taping I tried my best to clap, smile and "Make it loud" all at once. It's not easy to smile and go "Whooo hooo!" at the same time. You get so involved in the show and Eric guiding you when to do what (there are times when you can't clap or make noise etc) that it all flies past in a super fast blur. After the voting you turn around and the door opens and there was Ronnie!!! I felt bad for him!! As most chatters/board posters here know, if there's an underdog I start rooting for them and seeing someone come out that door, having felt the energy just in the studio, nevermind leaving that house behind, my heart went out to the guy. He was tearing up a lot and looked so stunned when that door first opened. My new pal Ty got to slap Ronnie's hand but I was too far in the row to reach out for him. It's okay, we all know that I'll have a new underdog to cheer for soon enough. *wink*

The evicted HG are swept away right after the eviction so you don't get anytime with them. They do come back to do the CBS Morning show interview right afterwords - a bonus treat! The set is a lot smaller than you think it is. I've never seen faster furniture rearranging and plant moving in my life.

So, there's a run down of my experience as a BB Live Show audience member. My family and friends say they saw me lots! My hands still hurt from clapping and my cheeks hurt from smiling and I have to sleep sometime to get back to feed updating and chatting soon so I'll wind it up with, I LOVE BIG BROTHER! And thanks to all my Morty's friends for looking for me :)

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the Picture that Laladoopiedu captured

zuzu3.jpg

Third row, Fourth one in

AWESOME ZUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party_smilie:

ZuZu, hope you don't mind, but I took your post from OT and put it in the Thursday Live eviction thread, hoping we would all be looking for ya, then Yana explained the whole toothpaste incident on the blue blouse, lol... That's so awesome, I'm glad you had a great time!!! BTW, Marty will be there this coming Thursday along with Snancypants... You did us proud!!!

I don't mind at all Reaper! And how will we know how to identify the others? I want to cheer them on now :) We can go for a Morty's record. Most members in attendance in a season.

And YW everyone :) Hope to see all of your write ups soon too!

Sounds like you really enjoyed it...thanks for sharing your adventure!

I think it would be fun and interesting to be there too...now I'd like to do it even more (doubtful I ever will though :()

:)

LOL, I live less than 2 hrs away, and I haven't even thought of going, until now... I tried getting tix tonight, but the next 3 shows are full... ZuZu is in Canada and ImIn is in NY, I have NO EXCUSE for not going when I live in So. Cal... I'll keep trying, but, I wonder if they'll let me bring my sickle in with me, lol...

I got a question for you. I was wondering if there were any past houseguest from other seasons there? I think I have seen some in the audiences before.

Weren't you guys freaking out knowing you were SO close to the BB house. I would be tempted to bust right in there. Could you here anything going on in the house?

Did you get to talk a lot to the other audience memebers about BB? And I though they would boo Ronnie. Were you told you HAD to clap for him. (sorry I don't like him and wouldn't have clapped.)

congrats on the tickers

i was looking for you

i thought i saw you on that side but further along

i was wrong

Yay! I know you had a great time!! And I only just now read about the toothpaste incident, but I'd found you in the audience anyway!! You looked beautimus!!! :)

Last year when I was in Hollywood, I tried for tix to BB, so you think you can dance, and the Tonight Show. We only got the for the tonight show, but that was still such an awesome experiencE!!

I'm looking forward to hearing your stories now too Marty...:)

...and really hoping you get to see Julie interviewing Jessie! :lol:

Archived