Do you consider this a form of cheating?

Xal

I don't really think you can call it 'cheating'... I would call it finding the flaw in a game and using it to your advantage... does anyone call it cheating on The Price Is Right, when you are the 4th person to give your guess to the price and you think everyone else is over, so instead of making a valid attempt at the price, you instead guess $1? or you think the actual price is higher than everyone, so you 'guess' $1 more than the highest price? You know the rules to the game, and use that knowledge to answer in a manner that will give you the best chance of winning, instead of giving what you really feel is the 'right' answer.

I would call it strategy of an alliance to further themselves in the game... reminds me of BB6 when the POV comp was moving around on a chess board like knight pieces, elliminating other players. One alliance had the advantage of more players, so instead of taking out each other when they could, they ganged up on the other alliance. Cheating? Or working together based on the rules presented to you?

Agreeing to all answer A is strategy to take advantage of a flaw in the game... cheating is changing your answer from a wrong answer to a correct answer before Julie looks...

I asked this one other time... if HGs are studying the house/counting items/etc in preparation for an HOH/POV that involves knowledge/memory of the house/game, since production can see/hear everything the HGs are studying, can't BB intentionally include/exclude questions based on what they hear a particular person/alliance say they remember? BB:oh, they know how many forks are in the kitchen, so don't include that question... or BB:she knows how many pillows are in the house, so include that question because her winning HOH would cause drama and stir things up!

(sometimes I think we take this game way too serious lol)

Does not compute *goes back to pretending to pinch off Ronnie's head on the live feed*

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll explain why I think it's cheating. Whenever you do so something in a game that ENSURES 100% you will win from the start before the game or competition has ever started, that's cheating. By all answering A from the start, they are guaranteed the win. Why play a game or have a competition if you already know who is going to win from the start? That's the definition of cheating. It's a flawed system, yes, but the simple fact they are exploiting the system means they are cheating. Just because BB will allow them to do it doesn't change that fact.

In other words, the other side has NO CHANCE if it's "Majority Rules". None. Zero. The reason being purely because of the other team exploiting a weakness in the game. It's a foregone conclusion who is going to win. That's cheating.

You are free to call also call it exploiting the rules though...which is funny because a synonym of exploiting is cheating.

The can keep the competition if it's planned and just adjust the questions. Have three possible answers and a question where two people apply and one is an incorrect answer. So they at least have to think about their answer because just blindly choosing A could result in being eliminated.

If Big Brother goes ahead with the competition, I'll not only stop watching, I'll get a petition going to have Alison Grodner shitcanned. Tampering with gameshows or turning a blind eye to rig it in one person's favor is very, very much illegal.

I'll explain why I think it's cheating. Whenever you do so something in a game that ENSURES 100% you will win from the start before the game or competition has ever started, that's cheating. By all answering A from the start, they are guaranteed the win. Why play a game or have a competition if you already know who is going to win from the start? That's the definition of cheating. It's a flawed system, yes, but the simple fact they are exploiting the system means they are cheating. Just because BB will allow them to do it doesn't change that fact.

In other words, the other side has NO CHANCE if it's "Majority Rules". None. Zero. The reason being purely because of the other team exploiting a weakness in the game. It's a foregone conclusion who is going to win. That's cheating.

You are free to call also call it exploiting the rules though...which is funny because a synonym of exploiting is cheating.

Excellent explanation.

As much as I despise this douchebag, I don't think it's cheating.

It's Grodner & Co's own damn fault for being so predictable by recycling the same games over and over.

Grodner was adamant during previous seasons that the games were set in stone before the season started. So changing the games (or their order) to prevent tampering like Ronnie's would go against that, even though I want it to happen to spite him.

About the only trick Grodner has had up her sleeve producing this show is lame casting decisions.

Nope not cheating. But stupid Ronnie also told the Dumb 5 about it too. LOL

He actually told them!!??? Then what good is that "strategy" if everyone in the frickin house knows it??? Is there an end to this man's stupidity??? OMG seriuosly!!!

He actually told them!!??? Then what good is that "strategy" if everyone in the frickin house knows it??? Is there an end to this man's stupidity??? OMG seriuosly!!!

That's everyone's problem this year. They come up with a plan and have to tell everyone including the other team.

That's everyone's problem this year. They come up with a plan and have to tell everyone including the other team.

You are right! I still believe this will be Ronnie's downfall. He will not go to the end! he may think he is as good as Will or Dan but he is not!

When Jeff removes himself from the block, BB should announce Ronnie as the automatic penalty nom replacement for attempting to get the house to cheat.

I think this is fare!!! its supposed to be HIGH SCHOOL right, you cheat you get punished.. If Ronnie suggested it then he should automatically be put up on the block as a penalty nomination. I think it should be after the comp is played though, let them play it out then hit him with the penalty nomination, show the lil fat bastard he isn't completely in charge. :devilish:

Not really cheating.

Houseguests in the past look round the house to memorize things for comps. They know memory competitions area big factor.

They usually have the one where you have to remember who nominated who and who was evicted each week as well.

Majority rules if I recall correctly was also based on if everyone got it wrong, then those picking the minority wrong answer are out of the comp.

They should get rid of the competition entirely. Period. End of story. It's stupid anyway. I prefer people earn their HOH, not get them out of sheer luck or abusing the rules. This clique bullshit sucks though. Any endurance comp and the Athletes obviously have it tilted in their favor. Like I said before, this season was unbalanced from day one. All because Pig Woman Grodner focuses more on stupid gimmicks rather than evolving the game a la Survivor. How long have they gone without a change? Why not bring back that Diamond POV or whatever it was? Or even two POVs? HOH is simply supposed to pick who goes on the block, not be overlord the whole week despite being 100% vulnerable the next one. It amazes me people still do the HOH's bidding even after POV ceremony.

They talk about doing this every season it seems. I know in All Stars they talked about it.. I don't think its cheating but bending the rules in your favor. But with a dominant alliance like this I doubt they will do the competition unless the producers want them to win it.

One would think the production team would learn how to create new games rather than reusing the same ones over and over again. As long as they continue to use a game like Majority Rules, they can't complain if a team figures out a strategy to win a competition.

They should watch "I survived a Japanese game show" to make some new games. They have GREAT games there. LOL

One would think the production team would learn how to create new games rather than reusing the same ones over and over again. As long as they continue to use a game like Majority Rules, they can't complain if a team figures out a strategy to win a competition.

They should watch "I survived a Japanese game show" to make some new games. They have GREAT games there. LOL

ITA, Kisha. They should also look at others like BB UK where they have tasks that take them at least two days to do so they aren't just sitting around all day.

lol I guess the new question for this thread is...

Do you consider it cheating if the entire house(minus Ronnie) agree to protect Michele/Chima from being nominated, so they are willing to drop out of the HOH competition, to ensure that The Brains are not protected next week, and Ronnie can be evicted?

Going back to the original discussion, time for me to over-analyze a little more lol... I was reminded of the movie War Games... in it, the computer repetitively plays Tic-Tac-Toe until it 'learns' that there is no strategy that assures you will win. In fact, the computer 'learns' that if both players choose their moves strategically, the game always ends in a tie.

With that knowledge, although I can't guarantee a victory, I can be assured of never losing. Which is why we decide it's a cute, fun game, but not one to keep playing. We move on to checkers and chess and other games where the outcome cannot be so easily predicted.

I can see a similarity in this for our discussion. Is it considered 'cheating' if I ALWAYS make my first moves in Tic-Tac-Toe, such that I am assured that I won't lose? Based on the rules of the game, I can't control my opponents moves, but I can guarantee that I won't lose.

In the Majority Rules game, based on the rules, if a majority of the HGs agree to choose the same answer, they can't control the answers of the other HGs, but they can guarantee they themselves will not lose.

SueZ... you and me, final 2 :)

Archived