Im Having Trouble DVD Recording Big Brother 11

jkygogo

Hi, I'm having trouble DVD recording Big Brother 11 for the first time I've ever had with Big Brother in the past 10 seasons. For some reason tonight, I was DVD Recording and then it said Copyright Infringement Rights infringed and then my DVD stopped recording. Why are they choosing to copyright this show when it is free? I don't get it. Unless they're planning to sell it on DVD.

I think ever since these Digital Signal Transition switched, these Copyright Infringment/Protection messages come up and don't allow me to record on my DVD Disc. Its' so frustrating.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

The only way they'll stop is if a lot of people get mad about it. Unfortunately, there probably aren't enough people using those dvd recorders to make an impact.

Just because you aren't selling them, doesn't mean someone isn't selling them at a flea market somewhere. Of course this doesn't stop the real piracy at all.

I tried to DVR Julie Chen's appearance on Craig Ferguson the other day. I got that same message.

Luckily, I still have a working VCR hooked up, so that managed to record it with no problem, but the codes were taped too, so I couldn't dub from tape to DVD afterwards either.

Tonight's show did tape in its entirety on my DVR, but that could be only because I recorded from the Global network here in Canada. Not sure about that, though.

Even since this Digital Switch over period, these annoying copyright infringement signs keep popping up. I don't know why the need to have these copyrights for a tv show. They're so strict now. I can understand for a movie, but this is a tv show on CBS and not a pay channel. They shouldn't do this because this just limits how much a person can watch this show if they can only watch it when it airs. It's a bad and negative step they've done in recent years since DVD recorders have come out. I can still tape it on my VCR, but not all on the DVD Recorders.

I have never heard anything about any copyright issues with DVRs. Is it a box from you cable company?

I mean my DVD Recorder. I can't record certain parts because it says it infringes on copyrights. So I can't DVD record the last part of Big Brother 11.

T

Does it do it on the commercial or the actual show? When it happens to me it is during a commercial. Advertisers hate DVR so they are trying to make it useless. IMHO

I have recorded the two episodes onto DVD without any problems. Are you sure its not some problem with the discs you are using? If you remove them from the recorder with time still open on them they will be closed and you won't be able to record on them again.

i've also recorded the 1st 2 shows on dvd without any trouble. sounds like it may be the dvd recorder. last 1 i had started doing strange things like not reading disc's & would stop recording at any time. got a new 1 & problems stopped. make sure disc tray is clean & try a can of the compressed air & blow out the inside but i would bet it's the player itself.

This is kinda off-topic, but did anyone have problems with BB coming on late last night? Or was it just my viewing area? (Chattanooga, TN) It started about 20 min late here. But there were also some big storms going on, so it's possible they pre-empted something earlier in the evening to show the weather.

That's the only thing that's thrown my DVR off so far.

EST BB viewers get screwed by overlong pro golf games, I think 60 minutes should shave of some of their sillier segments, like IMO Andy Rooney...But then Sunday's shows are already known by people on MBs anyway.

I have never heard anything about any copyright issues with DVRs. Is it a box from you cable company?
I have recorded the two episodes onto DVD without any problems. Are you sure its not some problem with the discs you are using?
sounds like it may be the dvd recorder.

I guarantee that this poster is not crazy. Although I managed to record the first 2 episodes to DVD without any difficulties, when I tried to record Julie's stint on Craig Ferguson, it wouldn't let me! I pressed the record button, and instead of recording, a message popped up about infringement (or some such). There must be a code in the digital broadcast which stops DVRs from recording. This was the first time I had ever seen anything like this happen.

My two episodes were pre-programmed recordings, and I started recording a minute early, so maybe that's why it worked for me. Or because I actually set it to record from Canadian network Global, not CBS.

What I'm wondering is why ALL programs don't do this.

Does it do it on the commercial or the actual show? When it happens to me it is during a commercial. Advertisers hate DVR so they are trying to make it useless. IMHO

Chac, how would doing this during commercials hurt the DVR? Yes, I've noticed too that a certain commercial always causes my DVD Recorder to turn off. Why would they put a copyright infringement on commercials and how would that help advertisers?

Thanks.

Chac, how would doing this during commercials hurt the DVR? Yes, I've noticed too that a certain commercial always causes my DVD Recorder to turn off. Why would they put a copyright infringement on commercials and how would that help advertisers?

Thanks.

I have no idea why they do it, but when you are DVRing and it cuts off in the middle it makes DVR kind of useless.

Archived