Breaking Up Is So Hard To Do

salter-path

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love and Work Often Messy in Hollywood

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - One of film's most beloved characters, James Bond, was always able to mix business and pleasure as easily as one of his trademark martinis. But in real life, working with your significant other is often a messier affair

Bloom and Bosworth Rekindle Romance

bloombosworth2pz.jpg

Movie hunk Orlando Bloom has finally won back his ex-girlfriend Kate Bosworth - after ending their two-year romance in January . The sexy 28-year-old met the Blue Crush actress on the set of a Gap advert in 2003, but separated from her two years later, because their hectic filming schedules prevented them from having a stable relationship. But Bloom spent a staggering $6,000 for a night in Los Angeles' exclusive Chateau Marmont Hotel last Saturday to secretly discuss his future with Bosworth. And he told British newspaper The Sun she had agreed to give their relationship a second chance. He says, "Nobody knows about us yet. "We are doing our best but we're taking it very slowly and very carefully to see if we can make it. "Tonight will be our last night together before Kate leaves for filming. She'll be gone for ten days so we are going to spend the evening together with a video and a meal." A close friend adds, "Orlando's determined to keep Kate this time. He got swallowed up in Hollywood life but finally realized nothing makes him happier than Kate."

11_8_14.gif

Divorcing Denise and Charlie Request Privacy

sheensplit7mt.jpg

The stunning breakup of Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards is a sad story that nobody in Hollywood saw coming. Now "Extra" is learning more about why the couple has decided to split up.

The couple has released a joint statement that reads, in part, "We're deeply saddened by the recent events, and our love and concern for daughter Sam, our unborn child, and each other. We ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time."

Just two weeks ago, Sheen was on "Live with Regis and Kelly," showing off pictures of his daughter Sam, who will turn one next week. And just last week, our Mark McGrath interviewed Charlie with his dad, Martin, and Charlie couldn't stop gushing about his family life and his second child on the way.

"Getting home," Charlie said when Mark asked him what was the best part of being a family man. "Coming home at night, you know, when it's not about being famous. It's about other responsibilities and commitments."

Denise and Charlie didn't just share a home life. The two co-starred in "Scary Movie 3," and Denise played a recurring roll as Charlie's on-again-off-again girlfriend on his hit TV show "Two and a Half Men."

So while this fairytale romance appears to have ended, fans of both stars hope the two can heal as they go their separate ways.

Husband of 'Monk' Co-Star Seeks Divorce

howard7pl.jpg

Traylor Howard

The husband of "Monk" co-star Traylor Howard is seeking to end their nearly two-year marriage.

Christian Navarro filed for divorce Tuesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court. Navarro, a wine merchant, and Howard married in April 2003, but have been separated since May 1, court documents said. The couple have no children.

Howard plays the assistant to Tony Shalhoub's character, detective Adrian Monk, on the USA Network show.

C---Ya! 10_1_103v.gif

Wagners Headed Back to Divorce Court

0321wagners2ie.jpg

Attempts to avert divorce have apparently failed and veteran soap actors Jack Wagner (Nick Marone, The Bold and the Beautiful) and Kristina Wagner (Felicia Jones, General Hospital) are once again headed to divorce court.

The couple met in the early 1980s when they co-starred on ABC's General Hospital. Together, the couple had a child, son Peter, in 1990. Shortly thereafter, the pair split. They later reunited and were married in December 1993. A year later, the couple had a second son, Harrison.

In February 2001, the couple revealed that they had separated and that they planned to divorce. However, by 2004, the couple was apparently working to reconcile their differences. They attended the 44th Annual Monte Carlo Television Festival in Monaco that year, revealing that their divorce papers had never been signed.

Reps for the Wagners had no comment on the couple's separation.

10_1_103v.gif

DAYS Star Hall, Husband Announce Divorce

hall3wq.jpg

After 13 years of marriage, Days of our Lives star Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans) and husband Steve Sohmer are divorcing.

"As you can imagine, this is a truly difficult time," Hall said in a statement. "My primary concern is for my children and their well-being. I am deeply grateful for the sensitivity I have seen in many of your comments. Thank you for your caring and for continuing to respect our privacy."

Sohmer and Hall married in a spectacular December 31st, 1991 ceremony at Sohmer's 17th-century home in England. The couple has two sons by a surrogate mother, 12-year-old David and 10-year-old Tully.

Hall joined the cast of Days of our Lives in 1976 and remained with the show through 1987, when she took a brief hiatus to pursue primetime projects. She returned in 1991 and has been with the show ever since. Last year the actress signed a two-year contract extension through August 2006.

10_1_103v.gif

Guest GaYToR

Aniston Files For Divorce From Pitt

LOS ANGELES -- Jennifer Aniston has filed for divorce from Brad Pitt, apparently dashing any hopes of reconciliation.

4064070.jpg

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston

In a divorce petition filed in Los Angeles, Aniston cited irreconcilable differences, and asked that her maiden name be restored. She took Pitt's name legally, but used Aniston professionally.

The actors married in July 2000, and separated in January. They have no children. It's the first marriage for both.

Aniston and Pitt won't completely sever ties when the divorce is final. They remain co-owners of Plan B production company with producer Brad Grey.

• 4 weeks later...

Actor James Caan Files for Divorce

elfpre2.jpg

LOS ANGELES - Actor James Caan has filed for divorce from his wife of more than nine years. His publicist, Paul Bloch, said Tuesday he didn't have details about the divorce but issued a statement from Caan. "I love and respect my wife as a friend and as a mother," Caan said. "Our goal in life is to continue to be great parents and great friends. Our children are our entire lives and they will remain as such."

Caan and his wife, Linda, were married Oct. 7, 1995, according to the divorce petition filed Monday in Superior Court.

The couple have two children

• 3 weeks later...

Mena Suvari Calls It Splits

By Sarah Hall

post9vl.jpg

Mean Suvari with her husband

cinematographer Robert Brinkmann

Mena Suvari is putting her American beauty back on the market.

The actress has filed for divorce from her husband of five years, cinematographer Robert Brinkmann, E! has confirmed.

The court documents, filed Tuesday, cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason behind the split. Us Weekly was the first to report the divorce proceedings.

Suvari, 25, and Brinkmann, 43, wed in March 2000, shortly after Suvari's back-to-back breakthrough performances as a choir girl in American Pie and the eye-popping object of Kevin Spacey's infatuation in American Beauty.

The twosome collaborated on 2001's Sugar & Spice, in which Suvari played a bank-robbing cheerleader, while Brinkmann provided his camera guy expertise.

Suvari also worked with Brinkmann on the indie film Standing Still, which premieres next month at the Cinevegas Film Festival and on Stephen Tobolowsky's Birthday Party, which premiered at the HBO U.S. Comedy Arts Fesival in Aspen in February.

Outside of her work with her soon-to-be ex, Suvari reteamed with her Beauty screenwriter Alan Ball last year for a reoccurring role on his HBO series, Six Feet Under.

She also appeared in this year's Beauty Shop with Queen Latifah and will be seen in the upcoming comedy Rumor Has It with Jennifer Aniston.

DeGeneres' Torment Over Heche Split

degeneres550606047lf.jpg

(ap) Comedienne Ellen DeGeneres wept for days after her lesbian lover Anne Heche ditched her for a man. The popular talk show host couldn't bare her life in the aftermath of Heche's sudden exit, insisting her eyes would well up as soon as she awoke in the morning. However, DeGeneres has finally overcome her heartbreak over Heche, who is now married to Coley Laffoon.

She tells website Pagesix.Com, "Anne broke my heart into a million pieces. When Anne left, I'd wake up in the morning, and my eyes would just immediately fill up with tears, and I would start convulsively crying. I'd watch the sun come up and then go down and I'd literally be in the same place on the floor. I've never spoken to her since she left," she says, though recently, while driving, she thought she saw Heche. "There would have been a point where that would have made me so nervous. But I realised I felt nothing, and feeling nothing about her was great."

• 4 weeks later...

Judge OKs Divorce for Jerry Lee Lewis

ap120a.gif

HERNANDO, Miss. - A judge in Mississippi has approved a divorce settlement between Jerry Lee Lewis and his sixth wife, Kerrie Lynn McCarver Lewis, and promptly sealed the court records.

The settlement was reached Wednesday, the same day the case was to go to trial. "It's been a long day and it's been an expensive day," Lewis said outside the courthouse.

The Commercial Appeal, quoting sources familiar with the case, said Kerrie Lewis, 42, would receive $250,000 immediately and $30,000 a year for five years.

Lewis, 69, is known for such hits as "Great Balls of Fire" and "Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On." He married Kerrie Lynn McCarver on April 24, 1984. They lived together at his 40-acre ranch near Nesbit in north Mississippi.

Lewis also pay $20,000 in child support annually for four years for 18-year-old Jerry Lee Lewis III, the newspaper reported.

Lewis will keep his ranch. "Sure, I plan to live there," Lewis told the newspaper. "It's been my home for about the past 40 years. That's where I'm going to be."

Jerry Lee had accused Kerrie of adultery and she had questioned his marital fidelity.

Kerrie had claimed that Lewis and his daughter, Phoebe, had hidden assets from her. leaving her and Jerry Lee Lewis III penniless.

She claimed her husband's income topped $1 million annually.

Attorneys declined comment on the case, citing the judge's order sealing the records.

J.W. Whitten, Lewis' road manager, said uncertainty about court dates had prevented Lewis from accepting a number of long-term bookings.

Whitten said the settlement clears the way for Lewis to resume a regular concert schedule and to complete work on an album scheduled to be released this fall. "We leave for Europe June 24," he said. "We needed this to be over just so we could get back to making some money."

Supermodel Macpherson, Partner Separate

ap120a.gif

LONDON - Australian supermodel Elle Macpherson and partner Arpad Busson announced Friday that are separating.

The couple, who have two sons, said that "whilst remaining the greatest of friends, we have decided to spend some time apart to consider our future." They said no third party was involved. "We have had, and in many ways continue to have, a wonderful relationship, which has produced two beautiful children," said the statement, which appealed for privacy.

Macpherson, 42, and Swiss financier Busson are parents of Flynn, 7, and 2-year-old Aurelius Cy.

Macpherson, one of the world's top earning supermodels in the 1990s, now has her own line of lingerie, Elle Macpherson Intimates. Nicknamed "The Body" during her modeling career, 6-foot-tall Macpherson has also had a series of film and television parts. She starred opposite High Grant in the 1994 film "Sirens" and had a recurring role in the TV comedy "Friends."

Clooney splits from girlfriend

BANG

June 23, 2005

1008623_515334.jpg

(BANG) - Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney has split from model girlfriend Lisa Snowdon.

The couple called time on their year-long relationship after deciding their long-distance romance had fizzled out.

It's rumoured that living apart - TV presenter Lisa lives in England while the 'Oceans Twelve' actor is based in Los Angeles - put too much strain on the relationship.

A source told Britain's Daily Mirror: "It's always difficult to maintain a long distance relationship. They have remained great friends and there is no animosity between them.

"Lisa last saw George in LA at the beginning of May. They spoke on the phone regularly but they began to realise that the relationship had nowhere to go."

Stunning Lisa, 33, had already ruled out a move to LA to be with her lover.

She insisted: "I would miss Britain too much."

But just last month 44-year-old Clooney revealed he was happy with the arrangement.

He said: "Lisa and I get along well and she's comfortable with my tendency to be a workaholic.

"She has her own life and her own career and she's very independent that way. She makes things very easy for me."

&EngCP; BANG Media International

Terry McMillan Seeks Divorce From Husband

SAN FRANCISCO - Author Terry McMillan has filed for divorce from the man who inspired the 1996 novel "How Stella Got Her Groove Back," which chronicled the romantic adventures of a 40-something woman who falls for a guy half her age.

In papers filed in Contra Costa County Superior Court, McMillan, 53, says she decided to end her 6 1/2-year marriage to Jonathan Plummer, 30, after learning he is gay.

The revelation led her to conclude Plummer married only to get his U.S. citizenship, she said. McMillan met Plummer at a Jamaican resort a decade ago. "It was devastating to discover that a relationship I had publicized to the world as life-affirming and built on mutual love was actually based on deceit," she said in court papers. "I was humiliated."

In response, Plummer maintained McMillan treated him with "homophobic" scorn bordering on harassment since he came out to her as gay just before Christmas.

McMillan is seeking to have the marriage annulled; Plummer has asked the court to set aside a prenuptial agreement that would prevent him from getting spousal support.

McMillan filed for divorce in January, but news of the split didn't surface until this week, when it was first reported in a San Francisco Chronicle gossip column. Earlier this month, a judge ordered McMillan to pay Plummer $2,000 a month in spousal support and $25,000 in attorney's fees until the case comes back to court in October.

McMillan's latest novel, "The Interruption of Everything," is scheduled to hit store shelves next month. It plots the mid-life adventures of a married mother of three who is questioning her comfortable suburban life.

McMillan said she did not plan to let a divorce "detract from the many blessings in her life," according to a statement released through her publicist.

Plummer's attorney could not immediately be reached for comment.

• 1 month later...

E! Online

Eddie Murphy's Wife Files for Divorce

eddie_nicole.jpg

Nicole and Eddie Murphy

Eddie Murphy's wife just got 'Raw' on the comedian. Citing irreconcilable differences, Nicole Murphy filed for divorce from her comic actor husband of 12 years, Extra reported on August 5. The model filed the papers in Los Angeles Superior Court, and has retained famed divorce attorney Neal Hersh, who has repped the likes of Brad Pitt and Kim Basinger in their respective divorce cases.

Murphy and his wife, Nicole, met in the late 1980s and married in 1993. The couple have been separated since July. The 44-year-old funnyman remains best-known for his stint on "Saturday Night Live" from 1980-1984. He also has had success at the multiplex over the past five years with hits like "Doctor Dolittle" and "Daddy Day Care."

Murphy's publicist, Paul Bloch, confirmed the split to E! on August 5 with a statement from the thespian saying, "The welfare of our children is our main concern and their best interest is our first priority." The couple have four daughters and one son, ages 3 to 15, according to the recently filed divorce papers.

eddiesfamily.jpg

Eddie and Nicole Murphy with three of their children at

the 'Shrek' premiere.

Nicole fathered five of Murphy's children: Brea, Shayne, Zola, Miles and the recently born Bella Zahra; the comedian has another child, Christian, from a previous relationship. The beauty is asking for custody of the kids and is seeking spousal support, according to Extra.

The Murphys have survived Eddie's fluctuating career fortunes and extracurricular shenanigans, including the notorious 1997 incident in which the erstwhile "Beverly Hills Cop" was pulled over by West Hollywood police after giving a ride to a transsexual hooker. (The prostitute, Atison Seiuli, died in an accidental fall from her Los Angeles apartment in 1998.)

The "48 Hours" star has been staying busy lately with voiceover work for the 'Shrek' franchise. He is set to reprise his role as the loveable Donkey for "Shrek 3," which is due in 2007. Murphy is also working on a comedic re-imagining of "Romeo and Juliet," as told from the point-of-view of the young lovers' parents, per imdb.com.

• 1 month later...

eonlinesmlogo.jpg

Reconciliation News

Take Two: Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards

sheen_i.jpg

Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen really misses the missus. Six months after a pregnant Denise Richards filed for divorce from him, Sheen appeared on CBS' "The Late Show with David Letterman" and said he and Richards were trying to reconcile those hitherto irreconcilable differences. "We're working toward getting back together and fixing things," the "Two and a Half Men" star said.

The couple never announced a reason for their breakup. But on Thursday, September 15, Sheen offered a hint. "I think the one thing I would point to as a primary reason, basically, is that I was a gigantic ass," he said, adding, "It's the first time I got dumped in my life."

Even after the split, they have remained close. Sheen was by Richards' side when she gave birth to their second daughter, Lola, in June. The two have also been frequently photographed together.

charliesheen_deniserichards_cbsat75_240.

Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards

Star magazine reported last month that Sheen bought his estranged wife a massive pink diamond in an effort to woo her back. The magazine also claimed they were planning a "recommitment ceremony" for December. Representatives for the couple have not confirmed the report.

But, said Sheen, "Things are really good. Today we have hope, we have a shot. I made a commitment to this woman that I love, this family that I love and I realized this can be fixed." Richards, 34, and Sheen, 40, met on the set of "Good Advice" five years ago and wed in 2002. Their first daughter, Sam, was born in 2004.

Aside from "Two and a Half Men," which begins its third season next Monday, September 19 at 9 p.m., Sheen will voice a role in the big-screen 'toon, "Foodfight!" Richards, meanwhile, stars in the new UPN comedy, "Sex, Love & Secrets," which premieres Tuesday, September 27, and has a leading role in the indie feature, "A Private War," with her old "Wild Things" costar Neve Campbell, due later this year.

heartbar.gif

ap_75.jpg

It's A Rerun for Sheen and Richards

charlie_denise_GI.jpg

Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen says he and wife, Denise Richards, are working toward getting back together. Richards filed for divorce in March after three years of marriage. Sheen told David Letterman on CBS' "The Late Show" on Thursday, September 15 that their relationship has since rebounded.

"We're working toward getting back together and fixing things," the 40-year-old actor said. The couple were married in June 2002. They met while shooting the independent film, "Good Advice" in 2000 and appeared in 2003's "Scary Movie 3."

It would be a dramatic U-turn for a relationship that publicly disintegrated just months before Richards, 34, gave birth to the couple's second child. "It's the first time I got dumped in my life," Sheen said. "I think the one thing I would point to as a primary reason, basically, is that I was a gigantic ass."

"I had to take a step back and really take a look at myself and the situation," Sheen said. "I made a commitment to this woman that I love, this family that I love and I realized this can be fixed. Things are really good," he said. "Today we have hope, we have a shot."

• 2 weeks later...

ap_100.jpg

Heartbreak News

Kathy Griffin Makes New 'D-List' . . . Divorce

griffin_moline175x215.jpgemmys_KG175x215.jpg

Kathy Griffin and Matt Moline on their 2001 Wedding Day and on

the red carpet at the 2005 Emmy Awards.

Comedian Kathy Griffin has filed for divorce after 4-1/2 years of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences, court documents show. Griffin, 43, married Matt Moline in Los Angeles in February 2001. The couple have no children. The divorce papers were filed on Friday, September 23 in Superior Court. Griffin asks that the couple's assets be divided and that Moline be denied spousal support.

Griffin has appeared on such TV shows as "Seinfeld" and "Suddenly Susan." Her latest stand-up special, "Kathy Griffin Is ... Not Nicole Kidman," was filmed in Los Angeles. A self-professed reality show junkie, Griffin recently was the center of her own reality show, "My Life on the D-List" which centered around her climb to be accepted by Hollywood's elite.

Moline and Griffin's marriage was predominantly featured as an anchor of the Bravo show depicting her relationship as rock solid. Apparently, reality isn't all it's cracked up to be.

brbdwire425x38.jpg

ap_75.jpg

Heartbreak News

'One Tree Hill' Co-Stars Split

chad_n_sophia_KevinWinter.jpg

Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush

"One Tree Hill" co-stars Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush said they are calling it quits after five months of marriage. Bush, 23, and Murray, 24, were married in April during a seaside ceremony in Santa Monica. The two met while filming the WB's television show. She plays feisty cheerleader Brooke Davis and Murray plays Lucas Scott, a brooding intellectual struggling to find peace.

"This is a difficult and unfortunate situation," Bush said in a statement. "I am glad this is being resolved sooner rather than later." Murray issued a statement of his own, saying: "I am saddened to announce that Sophia and I are separating. This is a very difficult time for me."

eonlinesmlogo.jpg

Heartbreak News

'Sopranos' Star Says 'Fuhgeddaboutit!'

discala.jpg

A.J. and Jamie-Lynn DiScala

Jamie-Lynn DiScala's short-lived nuptials are sleeping with the fishes. "The Sopranos" star's marriage to manager A.J. DiScala has come to an end after just over two years. "As of right now, it's a separation," A.J. DiScala told the New York Daily News. He did not rule out a possible reconciliation, stating that "Anything is possible."

DiScala also denied rumors that the breakup came about as a result of his alleged drinking and gambling problems. "There is zero truth to that," he said. "It was a very difficult time for both of us, going from me managing her to going back to the banking world. I was going back to what I used to do."

Jamie-Lynn DiScala's camp has yet to confirm the split. The twosome began dating in 2001, after meeting at a basketball game. They wed in a lavish ceremony in July 2003, when the former Jamie-Lynn Sigler was 22 and DiScala was 32.

discala_wedding.jpg

A.J. and Jamie-Lynn DiScala at their wedding

Immediately after uttering her vows, Sigler changed her last name to her husband's handle, explaining to People magazine that she was "traditional." The young actress also professed her desire to be "a young mom," but said that kids would have to wait until after she finished portraying college-aged Meadow on "The Sopranos."

Just last March, Jamie-Lynn DiScala waxed enthusiastic about wedded life while promoting her USA Network TV Movie, "Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss." "Married life is wonderful . . . he makes me realize that this is a job," the actress gushed to People magazine. "It's difficult to keep grounded in this business, and I think had I not met him, I'd be having a much tougher time dealing with that."

It's unclear whether Meadow's alter-ego will bill herself as "Sigler" or "DiScala" when "The Sopranos" returns for its long-awaited sixth season in March.

eonlinesmlogo.jpg

Heartbreak News

Paris No Longer Burning for Paris

philton.jpg

Paris Hilton and Paris Latsis

Paris is no longer burning for Paris. The made-for-the-tabloids romance of Paris Hilton and Paris Latsis has flamed out. Following weeks of speculation that their relationship was on the fritz, Hilton gave a brief statement to Us Weekly announcing she and Latsis have scuttled wedding plans.

"I'm sad to announce that I've called off my engagement. Over the last couple months I've realized that this is the right decision for me. We remain best of friends, and I'll always love him," she said. "I hope people will respect my privacy during this emotional time." There was no immediate comment from the publicity-shy Latsis.

The hotel heiress, 24, and the Greek shipping heir, 26, hooked up late last year. By May, they were happily engaged, with Hilton even contemplating giving up her life as a celebutante and vowing to "retire" to start a family with same-named beau.

oscarpartyjm4.jpg

"I'm so in love and grateful to have found such an honest and loyal person," the heiress crowed to Us Weekly shortly after their betrothal. "I feel like we were meant to be, and I'm happy to have found someone to spend the rest of my life with."

To People magazine she said, "I want to have kids in the next two years, because I know that completes your life." The couple jetted off to Greece to scout wedding locations earlier this summer. But after their return, she was spotted sans her 24-carat, $5 million engagement ring, sparking talk that there was trouble in paradise.

The rumor mill went into overdrive last week, when Latsis' father, Grigoris Kasidokostas, was quoted in Star magazine saying, "There does seem to be some problem [between them]. I understand that they are not as close as they used to be. Both his mother and I agree that our son is far too young to contemplate marriage and children. Our son agreed with us. There was an unanimity on this issue."

Paris_Paris.jpg

At the time, Hilton denied any problems. News of the split could throw a monkey wrench in Fox's plans for a new season of "The Simple Life." With Hilton already on the outs with costar Nicole Richie, Fox had been toying with the idea of separately following Hilton and Richie as they planned their weddings. (Richie's union with Adam Goldstein, aka DJ AM, is still a go.) Fox has declined to comment on the show's future.

To keep her mind off the breakup, Hilton will continue to work with producer Scott Storch on her long-delayed album for Warner Bros. She also has two films in the pipeline, "National Lampoon's Pledge This!," due out this year, and "Bottom's Up," coming in 2006.

ap_75.jpg

Heartbreak News

'Babyface' Edmonds 'Changes' Marital Status

wifeLR.jpg

Singer 'Babyface' Edmonds and his wife, Tracey

Add Kenny 'Babyface' Edmonds and his wife to the growing list of celebrity bust-ups. Edmonds and his wife, Tracey issued a statement Wednesday, October 5 announcing the end of their marriage after 13 years. They have two young children. The pair said they had already been unofficially separated "for quite some time."

"It is with deep regret that we announce our permanent separation. We remain best friends," said the couple, who have also produced movies and television shows together, including "Soul Food." "(We) will continue to work together in our companies, and our various business ventures," the statement said.

Edmonds added, "More importantly, we are parents of two wonderful children, and will continue to provide a loving, caring and stable environment for them." Besides his career as a best-selling crooner with hits including "Whip Appeal" and "Change the World," Edmonds has also written top hits for Whitney Houston, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Bobby Brown and others.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

IT'S OVER: Just call them the nolyweds. Just weeks before their third wedding anniversary, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson have called it quits, US Weekly reports. The mag cites numerous reasons for the split, including Simpson's diva behavior and her pandering pa. And comments like this: "Do my marital assets look firm enough to you?"

Deny, Deny, Deny: Celebs Straddle Truth

By JAKE COYLE

AP Entertainment Writer

capt.nyet10310052055.people_simpson_lach

NEW YORK - When is a denial not a denial? Life as a Hollywood couple means perpetual breakup rumors

• 2 weeks later...

eonlinesmlogo.jpg

Heartbreak News

Spelling Enters Divorce Court, '90210'

torispelling_husband.jpg

Charlie Shanian and Tori Spelling

Tori Spelling's heading to Divorce Court, '90210.' Spelling's estranged mister, Charlie Shanian, filed for divorce Thursday, October 13 in Los Angeles, seeking to officially terminate their 15-month marriage. Per the court papers, Shanian is seeking spousal support from the former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star.

It was the first marriage for both and the couple didn't have any children. There was no immediate comment from either party as of Thursday, October 13. Shanian, 36, and Spelling, 32, separated in early August but didn't publicly announce their split until September.

"I went into the marriage with the best intentions, hopes and dreams," Spelling told People magazine. "I feel that I've really disappointed people. I've disappointed everyone who came to my wedding. I'm disappointed in myself. I don't know exactly what happened and when things started to go wrong."

According to the magazine, while Spelling was in Canada for three weeks in August filming the TV movie "Mind over Murder," she fell for costar, Dean McDermott, 38. Within days of Spelling confirming the demise of her relationship with Shanian, McDermott and wife, Mary Jo Eustace, had filed for divorce after 12 years of marriage and two children. However, both Spelling and McDermott denied their budding romance had anything to do with their respective splits.

spelling_wedding.jpg

Tori Spelling and Charlie Shanian

Spelling and Shanian, an actor-writer, met during the Los Angeles production of Shanian's two-person play, "Maybe, Baby It's You" in 2002. They became engaged in November 2003 and wed in July of 2004 at a lavish ceremony overseen by her father, TV titan Aaron. Shanian most recently appeared as a semi-regular on ABC's cop show, "10-8: Officers on Duty," which lasted 13 episodes in the 2003-04 season.

Since moving out of '90210,' Spelling appeared in such films as "The House of Yes," "Trick," "Scream 2" and "Scary Movie 2." She also did a sitcom pilot that never made it to series, and has starred in several TV movies, including "Mind over Murder" and two others due out this year: "Hush" and "The Family Plan."

The actress is currently filming a feature, "Cthulhu," in the Seattle area. Spelling's role in the low-budget film is that of a "seductress," according to the Tacoma News Tribune. Shanian most recently appeared as a semi-regular on ABC's cop show, "10-8: Officers on Duty," which lasted 13 episodes in the 2003-04 season.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name