Get the Live Feeds and Help Us Out!

morty

This is at least my 6th year on the feeds. First year I supported Morty but getting on through Mortys....as everyone should. May cancel before my 36 hours is over. Worst feeds ever. The smaller feeds have nothing to do with reality. Have caught them rewinding over and over and over just when it gets good. Camera focus on people reaction to what is going on rather than showing...what is going on.....Slip-n-slide is a great example. Can't change views. Can't get into Chat rooms.....all full and you can't preview who is in a room. The person who changed this should be fired immediately.

The good news is, we still have the updates from this great MortysTV site! Maybe my 8th year with Mortys!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Morty has been in chat a couple of times asking for help with the updates.

Any one with the feeds can do updates. Just post what you see and hear, but keep the discussions and opinions to the discussion forum. Believe me I know how hard it is to keep opinions out. In past years Mortys has been the go to place to updates, this season there aren't as many people updating.

If you have feeds and its been more than half an hour since the last update, add something. Even knowing they are taking a nap is more then nonfeeders knew before. Don't worry about double posting, repeating the same thing just confirms it.

After all that Mortys has given us, we need to step in and give a little back.

.....It will get your name on main BB page :)...

Mortys resident Night Owl updater will be on vacation this weekend. Any west coasters that can take the late late shift updating?

Also Thank you to the new people that have done some updates. It's nice to see some new names. Morty can always use some more help.

Update forum

or can you take pics?

Picture forum

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to Thank all of you for the great job that you do keeping us updated every year! My internet is way to slow to be able to watch live feeds without having problems so it's nice that I can come here and read :)

I give you all credit for being able to keep up with the "he said that she said that they said...." stuff because sometimes I can barely keep up just reading it lol

I can only imagine how much time and effort you all put into this so I just wanted to let you know that it is appreciated!

Thanks again!

Kathy

I just wanted to Thank all of you for the great job that you do keeping us updated every year! My internet is way to slow to be able to watch live feeds without having problems so it's nice that I can come here and read :)

I give you all credit for being able to keep up with the "he said that she said that they said...." stuff because sometimes I can barely keep up just reading it lol

I can only imagine how much time and effort you all put into this so I just wanted to let you know that it is appreciated!

Thanks again!

Kathy

I have been looking for a place to say basically the same thing. Thank you to the live updaters :grouphug:

Hi I just wanted to make an observation. I have been a member of this site since 2005 but I hardly ever post anymore so maybe that means I have no right to post...but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents, anyway, I guess. I really really really appreciate all the people who take their time to post live feed updates because I come here frequently to read the front page just to see what's going on in the house. I have live feeds but rarely watch them and it's SO nice to have people who post the highlights so I can just catch up without having to watch myself, lol. That being said I just want to add that I really like it when just the facts are reported and not so much about the viewer's opinion of the house guests. I happen to have my own opinions of people in the house - maybe not the popular opinion but still... I would just rather not have to read HG bashing from the updaters when I read it enough about the HGs. Again, no one probably cares what I think and I honestly don't blame you if you don't, lol. Just thought I'd post my feedback, anyway. I will still read and I still appreciate this service very much. Thank you! :)

i feel bad for even making a comment as I am not helping with the feeds. I planned to do that soon. Just been watching how this is done. Perhaps, next year. But, I agree as well,,,,while somethings that are said by the commentators are funnny and sometimes true, Mortys rules(which I have read) has asked to keep the comments to yourselves or keep them at a minimum. Its really enought that CBS edits already to try to make people feel the way they want you too, without commentators doing the same.

But, with saying that....I cannot tell you how much I TOTALLY APPRECIATED IT and I mean TOTALLY and if I could type that fast,,,,I will try to help out next time...truly.

Oh darn. I'm the opposite as the 2 above posters except for one thing with the first poster. I'm the same as in I don't have much time to watch the live feeds. However, I LOVE the personal comments in quotes from the updaters. And I don't think there are enough of them. To me it helps me see more of what they think is really going on or more about the house guest. I guess to each their own though. The personal comments/opinions are my favorite think about reading the updates.

This is the first year I have had the live feeds. I purchased through Morty's as I appreciate the hard work and being able to read the live feed updates.

However, that being said, I will not purchase thru Morty's again as too many messages that can't get on site due to overload. After all these years should have a better idea of how large your capabilities. It has been totally annoying and disappointing!!!!

This is the first year I have had the live feeds. I purchased through Morty's as I appreciate the hard work and being able to read the live feed updates.

However, that being said, I will not purchase thru Morty's again as too many messages that can't get on site due to overload. After all these years should have a better idea of how large your capabilities. It has been totally annoying and disappointing!!!!

I understand the frustration of trying to update when the traffic is high, However there are things you can do to make your updating experience worthwhile. Try doing your updates on your word proccessor. After your finished all you have to do is cut and paste them into messages when the traffic on the board subsides. No lost messages ever. Plus you can run spell check to eliminate all the typos like , for example, my updates contain..LOL

You can also join us updaters on the late night crew and post. Never any traffic and usually all the good stuff happens at that time also.

Don't give up. You can find a balance where you can still do updates and lose the frustration.

I just noticed this thread and read that the personal comments are annoying to some readers in our updates. Sometimes a reminder is all we need to cut them back. And sometimes the HGs are carrying on in such a way that if we DON'T add a personal comment you will be influenced in the wrong way by what we are reporting. For instance, if I reported, verbatim, everything Britney said during the whole "Band" episode without giving you some context to what they were actually doing (being silly and fantasizing they will be in a Motley Crue type rock band when they get out of the house), some forum reader may have felt the desire to call a tip into the DEA :)

As an updater I have to thank all of you for reading what we take the time to type. We do it for you, and for Morty and mostly for ourselves because it's fun. Forgive us if once in awhile we take the time to let you know where our loyalties lie, and enjoy it if you like when we burst out in indignation and/or laughter. There is no way to make everyone happy, all of the time. I think Morty's does one of the best jobs of keeping things neutral in the update forum. Morty owns the site and therefore reserves the right to display his own personal opinion any darn time he feels like it!

P.S. For those of you who are just shy about joining into the updating foray we invite you to jump in with both feet! Often there are people out there just not updating because they see one person or another updating. IMO it's better to have two or three people updating the same scenario because then we get the whole story. No one person can capture it all and multiple people reporting the same thing only adds to our credibility. I think I speak for all of the updaters when I say that you won't be stepping on toes if you spring up out of nowhere and start typing away. I bet the WC break might even be appreciated!!

Zuzu and the other updaters: Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the occasional personal comments (in parentheses of course) on the live feed updates. To put what ZuZu said in other words--it puts what the HG are doing or saying in context. At least that's what I think you meant. Please keep up the great job. You are the best and I so appreciate all the hard work that you all do!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been lurking on Morty's for years. Last year I came out of my shell and started posting my thoughts on the different threads. Finally this year I found the nerve to help update the live feeds. I was very nervous at first as speed typing is not something I do very well and I did not want to misquote someone. Overall I thought I did pretty well. It was more fun at night as LFU's are kind of thin at night.

I for one enjoyed the occasional comments that were made. It put some things in perspective for me and added a human touch to the subject, besides, some of them were down right funny.

My thanks to all the people who gave up their free time to keep us updated this year as well as years past. If I decide to gets the live feeds again next year I promise to report what I see and hear and keep the personal comments to a minimum.

I did buy the feeds through Morty's this year. I have contributed money over the years but not this year.

I was not happy that for one snippy remark that I got a warning level. I saw much worse over and over so I do feel that things are not always fair in the world of Morty's.

I did sign up to help to the live feeds. I have 3 days weekends now with my furlough days. I never was accepted. I guess .... I am "shunned" . (Enzoism)

I was not happy that during peak periods I was locked out due to overload or whatever. I did not like rude message I got to go away.

That being said I have been with Morty's from the beginning and will always consider Morty's my favorite BB place to be.

• 8 months later...

all the bb networks are saying the early bird bb feeds special special starts june 15 :party_smilie:

all the bb networks are saying the early bird bb feeds special special starts june 15 party_smilie.gif

Well, if that's the case I hope the administrators will get on the ball here and offer it up. Otherwise I will purchase it elsewhere. I'd love to get it early so I could watch some segments of last year's show.

Well, if that's the case I hope the administrators will get on the ball here and offer it up. Otherwise I will purchase it elsewhere. I'd love to get it early so I could watch some segments of last year's show.

good and bad news

bad news first i dont know when morty's will put up their early bird banner

good news early bird special has been changed to begin on Friday the 17th. being reported by various bb boards. so maybe by then morty's will have up the early bird banner :animated_bouncy:

Archived