Get the Live Feeds and Help Us Out!

morty

I just ordered SP...obviously thorough Morty's. :) It was amazingly simple to sign up for...I guess since I already had Real Player on computer, although I didn't get feeds last season.

After watching all the CBS interviews, I decided that I liked this season's group (so far)...seems to have some potential.

Anyway...I'm a bit confused about the web based viewing that I've read folks mentioning here. I'm not sure how it's going to be different than how I viewed it in the past...previously used the links that were posted here...book marked them each season into RP browser. Are new links for this season not going to be used?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just ordered SP...obviously thorough Morty's. :) It was amazingly simple to sign up for...I guess since I already had Real Player on computer, although I didn't get feeds last season.

After watching all the CBS interviews, I decided that I liked this season's group (so far)...seems to have some potential.

Anyway...I'm a bit confused about the web based viewing that I've read folks mentioning here. I'm not sure how it's going to be different than how I viewed it in the past...previously used the links that were posted here...book marked them each season into RP browser. Are new links for this season not going to be used?

It's not going to be played in Real Player at all. That's just for flashback now. The feeds will be the same way you watched the houseguests videos.

Thanks DreamAngel!

I get it now...I think. ;)

I'll watch feeds on web by going to http://superpass.real.com/ (as Lala said in a post on previous page)...so that's bookmarked now.

And, to use Flashback...click on flashback box at that web site and new windows open through Real Player.

I realized as I was trying to figure it out that Mozilla Fire Fox wouldn't let me access Flashback...so I now will just use IE for SP, which allows me to access FB.

:)

i have a playstation 3 hooked up to my main tv. this is from the real player site "Our new video converter makes it incredibly easy to copy and transfer online video to your iPod, mobile, Xbox, PS3 or other favourite device" does this mean i can get the feeds with just using the playstation 3 or would i have to have it networked with a pc?

Guest 6Borders

Question....will we still be able to chat while we watch the feeds???

I saw something posted about this but I also saw (in prep for BB) people hooking up multiple screens, etc.

I order the feeds every year and decided no way this time. Takes up too much of my life yada yada yada - ordered and installed.

I am such a sucker for this show. :(

:animated_rotfl:

Yes you are! But I'm so glad you got the feeds anyway. You really won't regret it. I'm going to get mine tonight.

Just got the feeds through Morty's like I do every year.

Hoping for a good season but not as excited as I've been in previous years.

Hope the cast is better than I anticipate.

Can't be lucky enough to have Jeff/Jordan again.

Adding to ajmac's question - does anyone know if you can watch the live feeds through a PS3? Also, I haven't gotten the live feeds before but have read complaints that they are down far too often. I know they are down during the live CBS show and sporadically when the producers feel the need, but are they up the rest of the time? Are they on during BBAD?

Thanks!

Yes, the feeds are live 24/7 for the duration of the show, so definitely worth your money!

As for downtime- there are certain things that cause them to turn off the feed. It's off the longest the day they have a live show- they usually turn it off mid to late afternoon PST for production reasons, I believe. It's down from late afternoon until the show is finished airing on the west coast. But again- that's only once a week. And now that we have flashback, you can use that downtime to catch up on what was happening when you were sleeping, at work, etc. :)

The feeds ARE turned off quite often, but only for a brief period of time- sometimes only for 10 seconds or so. They do that if a houseguest is singing, talking about production, talking about a friend or family member who hasn't signed a release, etc. It also gets turned off during the 'morning wakeup', when they blast the houseguests out of bed with music. :D Because of copyright issues, they have to blank that off the feed. That usually only lasts 5 minutes or so.

So to answer your question- yes, the feeds do get turned off kind of often- but 9 times out of 10 it's literally for seconds. Not a big deal. The only large block of downtime is on Thursdays. But now that we have that flashback feature, I see it as being even more of a non issue than before.

Cyn...you forgot to mention the other longer times that the feeds are out for a while is when the Nomination ceremony, Food (have/have not) competition, POV competition and POV ceremony are all taking place...

I also agree though that purchasing the feeds is worth it, especially since you get $10 of music downloads per month as well.

I was thinking some of the competitions were shown on the live feed- maybe I'm thinking of the food competitions. They always do that stuff during the day when I'm at work, so I forgot about those other times when it's down. I guess it depends on Swift's access during the day. If you work a regular M-F, 9-5 job, then you aren't going to notice the downtime as much.

Greetings everyone! I'm back & have just ordered the feeds through Morty's, again for this season.-Am just now reading about the feeds being web based; I guess I'll install RealPlayer too(?). Looking forward to some good BB entertainment!

For those who have their feeds already ....

(And don't forget to get them today if you plan to otherwise you will have to pay full price effective tomorrow)

Preseason special tonight on the feeds at 6pm EST with Chelsia, Janelle & Jordan!!!

AND

Happy Hour tomorrow night at 7pm EST!

:dance2:

I hope they fix these feeds before tomorrow night!

I'm currently watching the live chat with Chelsia and Missy and have been having major problems. The video isn't always streaming, the sound goes in and out, or the sound goes out completely. Then I have to hit the refresh button and the sound is only back for a few seconds.

I hope they fix these feeds before tomorrow night!

I'm currently watching the live chat with Chelsia and Missy and have been having major problems. The video isn't always streaming, the sound goes in and out, or the sound goes out completely. Then I have to hit the refresh button and the sound is only back for a few seconds.

There is no sound, only the video.

I signed up to get the live feeds last week. I hope Morty's gets credit because Real Player still had me listed as "Something" but I cancelled my feeds at the end of last Big Brother Season - previously I was paying for service I only used during Big Brother. I didn't like Real Networks for sort of letting me pay but not use them...and I really want to make sure the Morty's gets the credit and they don't try any BS like I was an existing customer - because I wasn't.

Guest 6Borders

Well....looks like I missed the price break so no feeds for me this season!!!! Oh welll!!!!

There is no way to watch in real player. I've been playing around with the links. The feeds are embedded in flash players so many people will need to update their flash to the newest edition. If that doesn't work, try a different browser.

Flashback is accessed at http://superpass.real.com/flashback

Hope this helps everyone.

To the people having issues with the feeds: I've had them turned on to the 'We'll Be Right Back' message, and so far I'm not having any issues.. sound is fine and there doesn't appear to be any lagging or buffering problems. Hopefully they've ironed out the technical difficulties...

Unless of course, this isn't live, and its just a recorded loop, which I only considered right now. :/

Archived