Lurkers Come On Out...BB is about to Begin

I suspect there are many people out there that have been lurking for years.

I know, I did. And I realized I missed out on some of the additional fun with Big Brother.

If you are a lurker or just someone that does not post very often...come on out and don't be shy.

If you have never done the prediction challege - DO It.

It's like Big Brother in 3D - it adds a whole other layer to the game.

DreamAngel and others have some easy questions already there - and there are no wrong answers.

Or, just respond to this thread to say hi and introduce yourself.

Let us know how long you have been following the game, what you are looking forward to this Season, anything you've been wanting to say.

Anyone is free to join in - It is what makes Morty's, Morty's.

While we might not always agree...we do have fun and people here are generally pretty nice.

Any Pro Posters, what advice do you have for the Lurkers?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally love this post, Calif!

I'd definitely encourage all lurkers to become a join Morty's and join in at any time! All people are welcomed.

And for sure check out the Prediction Challenge, with weekly questions and many preseason guesses. It's very easy to get to and post, just simply go to BB11 Prediction Challenge and start playing!!

some folks are born lurkers so it isnt worth me asking them to participate :animated_rotfl: . lurking is part of every message board ecosystem. i do think the reason why a lot of users lurks on morty's is it tends to be hard to fit into the board if you arent going for hg the majority likes eg.ed, dan. it does get rough around here . i know bb8 fiasco really frighten a lot of folks from posting here. so with that said those who want to lurk let them and those who dont welcome to morty's :) . i do admit to giving the newcomers a hard time or two but once i get to know them i pretty much back off . my advice avoid trying to challenge those with seniority here the newcomers always loses. stick to discussing the hg that is well within the rules here. use your report button if someone attacks you personally that is against the morty's rules. dont root for a hg just because the majority does to fit in. root for whoever you like and if you get attack personally report it to the mods.

uvp keys to newcomers

1. report to mods

2. root for whoever you like

3. discuss hg not posters

4.dont challenge those with seniority here you will lose if it happens :animated_rotfl:

5.use your ignore button

6.have fun

7.see ya next year

Lurkers...it looks like UVP has set up a challenge:

Why Do You Lurk?

Are you really out there Lurking because you "feel like you won't fit in if you don't go with the majority"?

Are you out there lurking because that is just your nature - want to be left alone?

Do you lurk on Morty's because you love Big Brother and just want to "enjoy the ride".

Are you just shy and/or afraid of meeting some new, fun and cool people in a relatively safe environment?

What's your reason for Lurking?

Come on (try a post), but I do warn you that once you do you might become addicted :)

Lurkers...it looks like UVP has set up a challenge:

nope

I'm starting to post more on here.. But I have lurked for years.. season 6 I posted and needless to say i wasn't rooting for Janie , Kaysar or Howie.. and it was rough on here so I quit posting, But I don't see that person here to much anymore.. So I'm giving it another try..

My name is Melissa I've been watching since season 1, been here just as long. I also did the prediction challenge this year.. 1st time for that. I think it will be fun to see how bad I do..lol

I feel like I know a lot of you from lurking so long, So it's time y'all get to know me..lol

The part I love most of the game is the live feeds.. and watching the endurance comps

I lurked for a few years before jumping in last year. Even butted heads with UVP a couple of times :animated_rotfl:

All I can say to anyone out there and NOT posting - jump in and start enjoying yourself. I feel like many of these folks are like family now. I love Morty's, and it's been the long off-season without BB that made me realize how much I love this place.

There is something here for everyone. Come on in and get comfortable with posting, then stick around for a year round cycle of friends, shows of interest and just plain old good times!

Cheers :beer:

I'm a lurker. I occasionally post on here, but mostly read other people's posts and get the info on the homepage. I have been a huge BB fan since BB3. Some of my favories were Dick and Danielle, Dr. Will, Janelle, Kaysar, Jason and Danielle from BB3. Some of the ones I've hated were Maggie, Evettte (I think that's how you say her name) and Dustin.

Anyway, I'm going to try to post more this season. I haven't in the past b/c I don't subscribe to the live feeds and I feel like so many others on here are much more into this than me. I do however read the updates several times a day and watch every episode...

Can't wait for the season to start!

-Shaunna

Glad to see you poke your head out Shaunna. It's fun to post even if you only watch the show. There is so much detail in the live feed updates that you can join in the conversation too. Come on over and try the prediction challenge, it's a blast.

Welcome One and All...

A reason a Lurker might want to jump in on the Prediction Challenge:

I like the Prediction challenge because I often will pick people that I think are going to win (not always the one's I want) and/or I will pick someone (for some odd task as a winner) and while I may not like them I find myself rooting for them so that I get points in the Challenge. Example: It helps ease the blow sometimes when I really want someone else to win HOH - at least I got a consolation prize by getting points in the prediction challenge.

Also: You don't as much play against each other as you play against yourself. Every week is a new week and some weeks you guess great, others you don't.

Honestly I am not here to sell the Challenge but to also just get people to say Hi -especially if they are looking for a Big Brother Summer Home.

Morty's is not just a great place to visit - but is a great place to have all kinds of Big Brother Fun.

UVP's points/tips are great - and while he may not have set up a challenge...he did type more than 10 words. (That always makes me feel special when he takes that time to share to that degree). Also, I think the "why you lurk" question is still fun and interesting for those willing to jump out of their comfort zone and say hi.

Oneother randon thing: I would like to see more of,this Season, is discussion on Game Play strategy. We do it, but it frequently devolves into a more catty attacky banter. Now I can't say I stay away from doing that myself, as I do love to hate a player or vice versa. Just seems like we might spend a little more time tracking the evolution of the play and see the winner evolve through their play (or luck).

i post sometimes in the big brother countdown other than that i dont say alot i guess its the thought of being hurt and abandond again seems like i make friends and they all leave me for some reason or another so i put up this wall and its hard to let it down but i do love bb and have been watching since season 1 have had feeds since season 4 and am excited for bb the start this year

I have been a member since 2005, and I post when I feel the need to :) Usually, I have popped in to check out what is going on during the day while I was at work, but now that I am off work permenantly, you might just see a whole lot more of me..... (if you can handle it!)

Just remember, I joke alot, and don't take alot of what I say personally, because I have a warped quirky sense of humor....

Something just dawned on me. Iv'e been watching since Season 1 BUT I've only had the feeds since Season 6. Now I'm a die-hard feeder. BB is just SOO much better when you have the feeds. I could never go back to just watching the shows on tv. You would miss to much doing that.

Anyway, now what just dawned on me. I think I'm glad I started watching the feeds with Season 6. (BIG Howie, Janelle, Kaysar fan here) BUT how did you guys watch the feeds Season 4 and 5? Season 4 and 5 were my least favorite seasons. To me they were pretty boring with boring characters. I can't imagine watching ALL of the goings on of Cowboy, Nakmois, Diane, and then June & Allison. I think they would have put me to sleep. Season 6 was my favorite season and there was SO much action going on with them taking two strong sides. So how did you guys handles the feeds in 4 &5? I think if I started the feeds with either of those seasons I wouldn't be SO addicted to them.

Did I say I LOVE THE FEEDS?!!!

Kitten200 is this the return of my Texas friend that rides around with squirrels in her bra?

For that alone I can see why you might need/want to luck.

But if that is you, you are just perfect here.

Tell the team about you pet?

Another reason that I would encourage the lurkers to sign up @ Morty's (and post!) is that there usually comes a point in the season that the website is so busy that you can't access certain information if you are not logged in and that is NOT a good thing!!

AND don't be scared of UVP - he is fun to spar with!!

Pulling this down to not be redundant.

Bul glad to see so many coming in to say hello.

my pet is a sugar glider not a squirrel and he does live in my pockets or in my bra and goes everywhere with me lol he is a pocket pet but at night he lives in his cage he eats fresh fruits cottage cheese viennas and worms and yogurt and applesauce

Something just dawned on me. Iv'e been watching since Season 1 BUT I've only had the feeds since Season 6. Now I'm a die-hard feeder. BB is just SOO much better when you have the feeds. I could never go back to just watching the shows on tv. You would miss to much doing that.

Anyway, now what just dawned on me. I think I'm glad I started watching the feeds with Season 6. (BIG Howie, Janelle, Kaysar fan here) BUT how did you guys watch the feeds Season 4 and 5? Season 4 and 5 were my least favorite seasons. To me they were pretty boring with boring characters. I can't imagine watching ALL of the goings on of Cowboy, Nakmois, Diane, and then June & Allison. I think they would have put me to sleep. Season 6 was my favorite season and there was SO much action going on with them taking two strong sides. So how did you guys handles the feeds in 4 &5? I think if I started the feeds with either of those seasons I wouldn't be SO addicted to them.

Did I say I LOVE THE FEEDS?!!!

You definitely see a WHOLE different side of people when you get to watch them on the live feeds.

It's too bad that Morty's forum archives don't go that far back, BUT his update pages do!

BB4 BB5

(You will have to go to the bottom of the page and scroll your way back up, though. And navigate with the Index menu at the top.)

So if anyone was only a TV follower for any of the older BB's, you can go read up on what really went down in the house.

You still have a few weeks to kill, why not check it out and re-live the past?

Archived