Morty's TV on Twitter & Morty's TV on Facebook

Fuskie

Morty' TV on Twitter & Facebook Poll  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following Morty's TV on Twitter?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Yet But I Will Be
  2. 2. Are you a friend of Morty's TV on Facebook?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Yet But I Will Be
  3. 3. Are you a member of the Morty's TV group on Facebook?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Yet But I Will Be

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morty's TV Twitter ReTweeting Policy

What is ReTweeting?

Retweeting, represented on Twitter with the symbol "RT," means a user has taken someone else's tweet -- or message -- and copied part or all of it. The original author is often credited through the convention "@username," although sometimes the true source gets lost as messages spread further.

What is the Morty's TV policy on ReTweeting?

Morty's TV requests that any follower ReTweeting our updates follow the standard convention of prefacing each ReTweet with "RT @mortystvbb11". We reserve the right to block or deny permission to follow the Morty's TV Twitter feed any users who partially or fully ReTweet large numbers of our updates. If you are a Big Brother blog or web site that would like to ReTweet the Morty's TV Twitter feed, please email us at mortystv@gisatl.org for our expressed permission.

Tips for Retweeting
1. Begin with the letters RT. Don't waste valuable characters (you've only got 140) with preambles such as "Retweet."

2. Give credit to the source of the tweet by using @author, where "author" is the Twitter username of the person you are referencing. Sometimes there will be multiple names attached because it's been passed along so many times; make sure you are keeping the original source if you trim the chain of users. (ex. RT @mortystvbb11)

3. When linking to something, shorten the URL you are referencing through a tool such as http://ow.ly or http://is.gd.

4. Use the remaining characters to explain the point of view or the link in the original tweet, preserving the spirit of what the source said.

5. Think twice before retweeting sensitive material or information that may be untrue. You don't want to embarrass people or spread lies.

6. Think about whether what you retweet will have relevance to any of your followers before posting. And avoid spam -- it's all over the Web.

Conclusion
Morty's TV wants you to enjoy our new Twitter service responsibly. If you have any comments, please feel free to post them in this thread, Direct Message us on Twitter, or reply to one of our tweets. Once again, for permission to retweet our Twitter content, please email mortystv@gisatl.org.

Fuskie
Who thanks our over 400 (as of today) Twitter followers for their support...

I am pleased to announce that the Morty's TV Twitter feed has reached 500 followers!

Welcome to to all those Twitterers who are discovering Morty's TV for the first time and welcome back to all those Mortyerites who are discovering Big Brother 11 on Twitter.

Fuskie

Who is excited to be managing the Morty's TV Twitter feed and thinks this will be one rockin' robin' of a summer...

Or maybe the Twitter feed drives more people here. Whatever happens, if the boards go down, we still have Morty's TV Chat and we'll always have Twitter!

Fuskie

Who encourages if you like the Morty's TV Twitter feed, tweet your friends...

With 689 followers heading into the July 4th weekend, let's try an experiment. Which pairs of HG do you think will most likely gravitate towards each other based on their published bio pages. The catch is (since this is a Twitter thread) you must do this in lines of 140 characters or less.

Fuskie

Who starts with "Ronnie and Lydia will bond over the art of Star Wars special effects & he will be tempted when she offers to let him read her tattooed body"...

Suggestion: As a West Coast BB viewer, I would GREATLY appreciate it if results only aired on the TV shows to be delayed before posting? For instance, we can figure out who wins HoH the night of the competition via the live feeds... so posting that update wouldn't be a huge spoiler. On the flip side, I can avoid Morty's and all the other sites for 3 hrs on the day of an eviction so I can see it "live" on the show. Avoiding Twitter for 3 hrs at the end of my work day... less than ideal.

I realize it would be a huge pain... but maybe a heads up on the logistics of the updates would be nice?

Started following on Twitter today, I'm #697 :) (or there were 697 followers before I started following?)

Anyway, a possible suggestion for cleave and other west-coasters... within the settings of Twitter, you can select hours to not receive tweets, like during the night so your cell phone isn't going off while you are sleeping. If there is a time window where you want to access your phone but not receive tweets, you could go to twitter.com and set those hours to not receive messages to your phone? Just a thought that may help :)

Great suggestion if you are receiving our tweets to your phone.

Fuskie

Who welcomes #697 and the other hundreds of followers who have joined in the last few days and found their way to Morty's TV Central...

You can set up your feed as a RSS feed in Outlook and whenever you receive updates, they will pop into your email app.

Fuskie

Who wishes everyone a Happy 4th of July in 140 characters or less...

I was following Morty on Twitter until he twittered a spoiler about I'm a celebrity get me out of here which I seen on my Twitter before I got to watch that episode so I unfollowed him LOL but since I got the live feeds he can't really spoil anything for me LOL so I guess I will follow him again.

Hey all! Enjoy this season of Big Brother!! Make sure you update the Live Feeds!! I dont think my internet here in the middle east will support the feeds and I am VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED! I will miss staying up til midnight or later just to update, but oh well other things will be keeping me awake this year i am sure. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! I look forward to Big Brother 12 when I will be home and definately updating on the live feeds!!!

Forever a BB Fan,

Sheldon

Echo that, Z. Life feed highlights will definitely be on the tweet menu, but not minute by minute minutiae.

Fuskie

Who is sorry if he ruined I'm A Celebrity for Fishy, but honestly did not think it was possible to bring that show down any lower...

but honestly did not think it was possible to bring that show down any lower...

ha ha can't that show get any respect ? LOL the first I'm a Celeb get me out of here on ABC in 2003 was much better perhaps the different network and hosts are the reasons

Morty's TV has a terrific announcement to make. Having surpassed 1000 followers of Morty's TV on Twitter, Morty's TV is now on Facebook!

To join Morty's TV on Facebook, simply add Morty Port as a friend. You will then be able to receive Morty's TV on Twitter tweets directly through your Facebook news feed.

And join the Morty's TV group on Facebook for more opportunities to post on our wall, participate in discussions, upload photos and video and more!

And remember, when the Morty's TV Fan Forums close to registered members only for Big Brother 11, the Morty's TV group on Facebook will remain open to the public!

Fuskie

Who hopes you enjoy this latest extension of Morty's TV...

In order to comply with the full name requirements of Facebook, the friend name is "Morty Port."

Joyami, what kind of error message are you getting?

Fuskie

Who notes Morty Port has 20 friends overnight...

Archived