Morty's TV on Twitter & Morty's TV on Facebook

Fuskie

Morty' TV on Twitter & Facebook Poll  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following Morty's TV on Twitter?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Yet But I Will Be
  2. 2. Are you a friend of Morty's TV on Facebook?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Yet But I Will Be
  3. 3. Are you a member of the Morty's TV group on Facebook?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Yet But I Will Be

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<i>Are you going to put the date and time into the tweets</i>

Twitter posts tweets in relative time, as in XX minutes ago, so time will always be relative to the local time zone.

Fuskie

Who notes with only 140 characters to work with, posting a BBT fixed time may be difficult...

We are over 200 followers so far with over 3 weeks before the Big Brother Season Premier!

We are looking for a few good Twitterers who are interested in joining Team Morty and helping out with the updates this summer.

We are also looking for experienced Twitterers who can help advise us on how to get the most out of our Twitter account.

Fuskie

Who, with your help, is setting a goal of 500 followers by the season premier...

Welcome to each of the 250 Twitter Followers so far!

With three weeks to go before Big Brother premiers, please let me know what are your expectations for our live feed Twitter update service this summer so we can best prepare for the upcoming season.

Fuskie

Who challenges Morty's fans to help us reach 500 followers by July 9th...

I don't understand twitter. What is wrong with me??? Do I need a mobile phone.

Please help me out!!

You can read the Morty's TV BB11 live feed tweets directly from your Twitter home page, or direct Twitter to send them to your cell phone. You can even configure your mail reader, such as Outlook, to receive tweets as an RSS feed if you are familiar with those. For those who do not have unlimited text plans, having tweets sent to your phone may be expensive but for those with unlimited text plans, the Morty's TV BB11 Twitter Feed can keep you updated with the goings on in the house.

Fuskie

Who explains in a nutshell, Twitter is a service that allows you to follow the tweets (140 character message) of others and optionally allow others to follow your own tweets, although you can make your feed private so that only those who you approve will be able to follow you or you can choose not to twitter yourself at all...

Thanks guys, I am trying to digest all of this and will give it a try. It's hard to teach old dogs new tricks!!! I tend to have sr moments from time to time.

Thanks again.

I signed up - hoping I did it right!!

So in preparation for Big Brother 11 on the Morty's TV Twitter feed, what kind of updates do y'all want? Just the results of competitions, nominations and PoV? Or do you want a regular updates? How about just big things like fights, streaking, nocturnal nasties? How many tweets per day should be the max? How many of you will receive your tweets on your phones and for those who are, do you have unlimited text plans?

Fuskie

Who wants to make the Morty's TV Twitter service the best possible for all you followers...

hmm... i think we should make a poll about how many tweets per day. i think 10 max sounds good. any more than that, and i don't think i'd add it to my phone.

im wondering about "spoilers" like who won HOH or is evicted since i dont know if i want that tweeted to my phone if i havent watched yet. but im not sure.

but definitely, for those with live feeds or BBAD, it might be a good idea to tweet if something especially exciting is happening.

It will also be REALLY good during endurance comps when Morty's goes crazy and the feeds too. it might be nice to have updates on that.

Courtesy of: WOODTV

Twitter 101: What are you doing?

Everything you need to know about Tweeting

Updated: Wednesday, 17 Jun 2009, 8:06 AM EDT

Published : Tuesday, 16 Jun 2009, 10:34 PM EDT

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - In 140 characters or fewer: What are you doing?

If you can answer that question, you can operate a Twitter account.

Twitter is one of the latest social networking Web sites to emerge and grow exponentially in popularity. It is estimated that Twitter has about 4 to 5 million users.

The Web site is a free blogging network that allows users to send and read each other's updates, known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters.

The posts are displayed on each author's profile page, and delivered to other users who have subscribed to them. Subscribers are called followers.

Each author can allow open access to his or her tweets, or restrict delivery to those he or she has approved.

All over the world, people can follow the sources most relevant to them and access information over Twitter as it happens. Whether you want to follow breaking world news or just updates from friends or family, Twitter is about seeing what other people are doing.

Tweets can be sent through mobile texting, instant message or the Web.

One of the advantages to the site is that nothing is expected of you, according to Twitter.com. Simply put, Twitter is what you make of it.

You can receive a lot of information about your friends, or just a little.

For the most part, users don't necessarily expect a response when they send a message to Twitter. You can pay as much or as little attention to the site as you would like.

"The result of using Twitter to stay connected with friends, relatives, and coworkers is that you have a sense of what folks are up to, but you are not expected to respond to any updates unless you want to," said one explanation on Twitter.com. "This means you can step in and out of the flow of information as it suits you and it never queues up with increasing demand of your attention."

To set up a Twitter account:

1.) Visit www.twitter.com

2.) Click on the green button near the bottom of the page that says "Get Started - Join!"

3.) Follow the instructions. You will be asked for your full name, desired username, (example: www.twitter.com/johndoe), desired password and existing e-mail address.

Now, you should be ready to start following people, businesses, Web sites, media outlets, etc.

WOODTV

Not sure if you can customize tweets for members that don't want spoilers but, maybe the subject title can include something like... "HOH spoiler"... then the member can decide if they want to read tweet or not. :animated_scratchchin:

There is no subject line for a tweet. When all you got is 140 characters, you use them carefully.

Fuskie

Who had assumed the point of the Morty's TV Twitter service was for those who could not wait to check the boards for the latest spoilers and news...

I, too, am following, though will need to be careful not to go on the account on HOH and eviction days. That's how I accidentally found out who won Idol before it aired here .....

Suggestion: As a West Coast BB viewer, I would GREATLY appreciate it if results only aired on the TV shows to be delayed before posting? For instance, we can figure out who wins HoH the night of the competition via the live feeds... so posting that update wouldn't be a huge spoiler. On the flip side, I can avoid Morty's and all the other sites for 3 hrs on the day of an eviction so I can see it "live" on the show. Avoiding Twitter for 3 hrs at the end of my work day... less than ideal.

I realize it would be a huge pain... but maybe a heads up on the logistics of the updates would be nice?

Cleave, that's a difficult line to try and navigate. The nature of Twitter is to send out instant updates. Westies tend to follow into 2 groups, those that want to be surprised and those who want to know instantly. In Chat we try to offer the former their own room to chat spoiler free, and then we will rewatch shows with them when it airs out there. The discussion boards are harder to manage since anyone can post and they are published instantly instead of reviewed by forum hosts.

So my recommendation to stay in the dark between 8PM EST and PST would be to avoid the discussion boards and twitter feeds, and we will do our best to keep you in the dark.

Fuskie

Who notes that even in chat there can be no promises...

Some of the time, I like to be surprised... eviction nights and the announcement of the winner. The rest of the season... I want to know what's going on! I knew it was a crazy thing to ask... but couldnt resist! Can't wait for the season to start!

Archived