Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Big Brother in the Media

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Evil Dick and Janelle to return to 'Big Brother 11'

"Big Brother 11" just got a little more annoying this summer. Dick and Janelle are back to do a weekly podcast and he said/she said weekly blog post.

I hate "Evil" Dick. I don't think he's a funny persona, I think he is an enormous jerk with anger issues who likes to throw adolescent tantrums and can't deal with the fact that he's not 25 years old anymore. On his season of "Big Brother," he kept up the persona most of the time, but every once in awhile the mask would slip and we'd see just how disturbed he really was.

As for Janelle... I want to throttle her with her "Baby make it nice" t-shirt.

Anyway, the two have teamed up for coverage of the show this summer. Dick told BBDish:

I will be doing my weekly webcast for Real Player again this year. RealPlayer Superpass has given me my own tab in their browser, which will closely link my website and my myspace, etc... They have been great to work with, and our relationship is solid.

I have some fun guests lined up, and we will be out on locations more this season. We will also have more past houseguests ... The viewers were out in huge numbers for the show last year, and I don't see any reason why that would change.

I will also be doing a weekly webcast with Janelle to fill the void left by the Cancellation of Housecalls. It will be a call in show that will talk about the feeds and anything and everything else going on in the house and being talked about on the internet. I will be in studio while Janelle will be in NYC, but will be as good as sitting next to me co-hosting the show (well, as good as for you people, but I am getting jipped [sic].) We will also be doing a "He said, She said" type blog or column.

Source: Zap2It

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Major Improvements to the Big Brother 11 Live Feeds

Good Evening Big Brother Lovers! Happy Tuesday & Happy 30 days til the Premiere of Big Brother 11. Can you stand it?!

30 days from now, we'll all be here getting to know all the new BB11 Houseguests on the Premiere Show. Then, a little while after that, the live feeds'll spark up, and we'll start to learn who they really are... or, who they are under incredible pressure, claustrophobia and paranoia, anyhow. wink.gif

Of course, while the premiere is on, many of you will already have staked out your spots in your favorite live feed chat rooms, waiting for that magic moment when after sooo many months, the live feeds come back on, and in an instant, we're miles ahead of the tv only audience, and we learn who's up on the block, and maybe even who won the 1st PoV! And we'll be here with you, watching every juicy moment!

Speaking of juicy, I made a promise a couple days ago about some new info, and I just got the go ahead to reveal some of it. wink.gif

First up, yes! We we will have the early bird deal available for you again, right here on BBDish. Pretty soon, actually. OK.. now on the the big stuff...

Feeders!! Hold on to your hats. The fine folks at real have made some really cool improvements to the live feeds interface. You're gonna love it! I already do.

Don't even think about copying and pasting this elsewhere. One or two lines and a link, that's all we ask.

OK, Here's what I know so far... My favorite improvement is gonna be called either the Calendar or the Flashback or the Time Machine, and while you may already be getting the gist of it just from the name, allow me to explain how it's gonna work.

Let's say some HG's head explodes while you're at work, you'll be able to plug in the time it happened, and go back to view it. Let's say the HoH reveal is taking too long, and you've just got to go to sleep. No problem. Just plug in the time you want, or the time your ever loving dishchicks have told you to look for, and poof, there you are.

Let's say you're reading the overnight report, and while we've posted screencaps of HGx and HGy getting busy or getting caught coming out of the shower or having a big fight, pics just aren't enough for you. You want to see how it all happened! Now you can, right there within the Big Brother Interface on Superpass. If you're reading this anywhere but http://bbdish.blogspot.com, it's been plagiarized & stolen. Come to the source!

Here's the mock up of what it's going to look like:

So, per the instructions, you pick a month and day, select an hour to view, select a camera and click submit. Easy, peasy, done!

Pretty cool, right?! 3 cheers for whatever they're gonna call this feature. I think they're leaning toward Flashback, but I dig the Time Machine.

My immediate questions are these:
1. Once I've chosen an hour to view, can I then fast forward it to get to the part I want?
2. Can I pause and rewind within this feature?
3. Will every moment of every day and every feed be available from start to finish, or is there a time limit of 1 month for archiving?

Actually, my 3rd question has already been answered. Not only will every moment of BB11 be available, every moment of Big Brother 10 will be too!

Extremely cool!

Anyhow, moving right along, the presentation of the rooms has also been upgraded. No longer will you have to go to quad to see what's going on everywhere, or flip from feed to feed. Check this out!

Instead of it saying 1, 2, 3, 4, Quad, there are actual pictures of each feed, all in a row, so you can tell who is where and where you want to be! Sweeeeeet!!

I've been advised that the small feeds will be security camera-esque in presentation quality, but.. who cares? They'll get us where we need to be without flip flopping around!

As you can see, the Quad Cam is still available as an option too!

In the pic above, take notice that along the bottom are a line up of videos. To my understanding, this is where key moments of the season will go, accessible all the time and changing frequently. Big Fights, Funny Escapades, Burlesque Shows??

Who knows what this season will bring?! The sure thing is this: BB11's gonna rock, and Real just made it even better.

Source: BBDish

Evel Dick’s Myspace post, and BBDish News!

Hi all you BBCrazies! Got a couple of goodies for you today!

First off - for those of you that are Evel Dick and Janelle fans, ED posted a lengthy blog on his myspace page answering all the questions of those who wanted to know what he was up to for the next season of Big Brother. Love him or hate him - he’s always got something to say and something in the works - so be sure to check it out here. Briefly, though, he’s planning his weekly webcast with Real once again, and he and Janelle are shopping around a couple of other ideas - a weekly call in web program to replace HouseCalls, and a “He said, she said” blog of sorts, where they will banter back and forth about what’s going on in the house. It all sounds like fun to me! Check out his blog for more!

Next up - Carolyn over at BBDish, one of our favorite BB Bloggers EVER, hinted a couple days ago that she had BIG NEWS but had to wait for clearance to share - just moments ago she did exactly that! Seems there are some BIG Changes to Real Player for the Live Feeds! Now, I usually hit up a reloader for mine, but for those that watch the feeds through RP itself? This has some BIG possibilities!

Here’s the basics:

The Time Machine/Flashback feature: Now, when we recappers say something happened while you were in bed/at work, and you want to see it all go down, you’ll be able to rewind to that timeframe and watch it for yourself! Not only for BB11 - but all of BB10 will be available too! That? Is AWESOME.

The second improvement is just as cool - now you won’t have to stay on quad cam to see where everyone is, what’s going down, then flip feeds to get to the larger picture you want. Now instead of saying 1, 2, 3, 4, quad - there will be smaller quality pictures that show what’s on the other feeds all right under the main feed! The quad cam is still an option too! Awesome! (I hope the reloaders do that too!)

As always, Carolyn has the inside source and the good stuff, so swing by and tell her thanks!

We’re at T-minus 30 days ya’ll!

Source: Big Brother Craze

Big Brother 11 Feeds To Get Great Improvements!!!

Thanks to BBDish, Yakkityyaks has some exciting news to tell all you Yakksters out there! There’s going to be some major, fantastic improvements to the Big Brother feeds this year! But first, wink.gif , let us tell you that right now the special we can offer through Real is a 14 day free trial.

So, what improvements you ask?

According to BBDish, one cool thing would be called either the Calendar/Flashback or Time Machine, and basically you can plug in a time, into the live feed interface, to view events that may have happened while you were working or asleep or chatting in the YakkityYaks forums!!! Way cool huh?!?

Now, remember how you’d have to switch from feed to feed or go to the quad to see what’s going on with all the feeds at once? NO MORE, NO MORE! Now you’ll get to see whatever feed you want, at the top, and then all four feeds will be in a row underneath that. smile.gif PLUS, you’ll get a chance to see key major events as well, as there’s going to be vid links to them.

Thank you Real for enhancing what’s sure to be a GREAT BB season and thanks again to BBDish!

Source: Yakkity Yaks

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Big Brother 11 Will NOT be in HD

Big Brother 11 and the 24/7 live feeds will NOT be broadcast in high-definition. Several Big Brother websites are reporting that BB11 and the live feeds will be broadcast in HD. After speaking with Real Networks and a Showtime representative, it became clear that there was some confusion circulating regarding a previous message from Real Networks.

Real Networks plans on testing its Helix streaming technology for Big Brother. This platform can support HD streaming. However, the cameras in the Big Brother house have not been upgraded or replaced for HD viewing.

Showtime did say that they might upconvert, or stretch, the standard-definition signal coming from the house to fill the HD screen for Showtime’s HD viewers. But this will not increase the quality of the picture because the cameras are still operating in 4×3 standard-definition.

However, Real’s Helix streaming allows for timeshifting and multi-camera viewing in realtime. This means that for Big Brother 11, Real plans on rolling out a “Flashback” feature to allow users to enter a specific date and time and the feeds will rewind to that point. Additionally, viewers can see thumbnail previews of each of the house feeds at all times. More details will be released soon about these new features.

Source: WeLoveBigBrother.com

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Big Brother 11: Ask BB11 Houseguests A Question

The cast for Big Brother 11 may still be in flux, but whoever ends up in the BB11 house already has their first task decided: answering your questions! CBS has offered up a very cool opportunity that I don't remember seeing before in any season. You can pose any question to the future Big Brother contestants and you just might see your query show up in the HG interviews!

Do you have something you want to ask the new Big Brother houseguests? Submit your burning questions by replying to this thread by Thursday, June 25 and we'll get them answered in our one-on-one "You Ask They Tell" interviews with the new houseguests!

Very cool. The deadline is 6/25/09, so hurry and pose your best question to CBS. Then be sure to tell the rest of us in the comments below what you want to hear from the Big Brother 11 houseguests!

Source: BigBrotherNetwork.com

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Big Brother 11 House Tours Soon?

Big Brother is only 22 days away… which means that house pictures and season details should be released soon!

CBS.com toured the Big Brother 11 house yesterday (June 16th), according to their Twitter account.

Source: Twitter

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
CBS Big Brother 11, Reportedly Doing A Media Day on June 19

According to a radio show that tvgrapevine.com found and put up on their site, there is going to be what is called a CBS "Big Brother"
media day on June 19,2009. It's an event put together by the producers of the show to do a test run of the "Big Brother" house.
Now, this radio host said that his sister runs the whole thing and she told him that the "Big Brother" media day is going to consist of a
couple of celebrities which includes,and I quote : himself, Perez Hilton,somebody from "Extra",and Access Hollywood.
They are supposed to live in the house for like 15 hours,and it's supposed to be a condensed version of the whole game. He read off what is supposed to happen when they arrive on the CBS lot for "Big Brother" media day.

He said when they arrive there, they will be locked in for 15 hours, with no contact to the outside world. And that they will be doing all
the challenges that the Big Brother game has. You die hard "Big Brother " fans should all know what they are. They're going to be checking for camera angles,sound,staging,etc. And they'll be using the chosen celebrities to do so. He said CBS will shoot a highlight reel of it. And every celeb contestant who participates will get to take home a copy of it.

He also said they're going to eat slop, have an eviction ceremony, a mini wrap party,etc. All of this would happen in just 15 hours ! I
repeat they're going to run a whole Big Brother season in 15 hours for this Media Day. They'll be voting people off, doing head of
household,everything. That's insane ! Apparently this Media Day took place last year and there were some brutal fights that took place. They also said this 15 hour test drive is more fun than the actual show because heck, it's just 15 hours,and not the full 90 day grind that the regular contestants will have to endure.

You can listen to the full radio clip by Clicking Here.

Source: OnTheFlix.com

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
'Big Brother' Media Day Today

A test run of how the 11th season of the CBS reality show Big Brother is set to be launched today, in an effort to attract attention and show off a condensed version of how Big Brother, in a nutshell, works.

The CBS Big Brother media day, put up by the show's producers, will reportedly include the likes of celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, in addition to someone from Extra and Access Hollywood. They will reportedly live in the house for 15 hours and throughout that amount of time will have to undergo nearly all the ceremonies and challenges that normal house guests endure, except obviously living in a house with total strangers for 90 days.

With no contact to the outside world, the media people will be doing what Big Brother orders them, while the producers check for camera angles, sound, staging, and the rest. CBS will also release a highlight reel of the whole experience, with each celebrity contestant getting a copy to take home.

".. They're going to eat slop, have an eviction ceremony, a mini wrap party, etc. All of this would happen in just 15 hours!" confirms a source as quoted by On the Fix. "They're going to run a whole Big Brother season in 15 hours for this Media Day. They'll be voting people off, doing head of household, everything."

Media day also took place last year and despite the limited time - 15 hours - "brutal fights" still erupted in true Big Brother fashion.

In other developments, the official Big Brother 11 website was recently launched, with the usual Interact, Photos, Recaps, and House Guests sections, plus the Fantasy section for the game that was created for this season.

Big Brother 11 will kick off July 9 on CBS.

Source: BuddyTv.com

HouseCalls Alternatives for Big Brother 11

WeLoveBigBrother.com, along with other sources, are planning shows geared toward Big Brother fans for this season. We have all the details on each of the shows. Although HouseCalls on CBS.com was canceled for this season, several other options are available.

Big Brother Extra! The Live Video Chat Show
On Thursday, July 2nd at 7pm EST / 4pm PST, WeLoveBigBrother.com will be launching Big Brother Extra! The Live Video Chat Show right here on this website. Each week, a Big Brother personality will join our host, Bunky from BB2, to discuss anything and everything Big Brother. Everything from the happenings on the live feeds and the CBS episodes will be discussed. Viewers can interact by calling or texting us… plus you can even join us live via Skype! Keesha and Memphis from BB10 are our first two guests. Stay tuned for more information on future episodes!

Don’t miss our special on-the-street video segments and our mix of comedy and Big Brother! Plus, be sure to join us on July 2nd for exclusive Big Brother content that will only be seen on Big Brother Extra!

Must-know details: LIVE Thursdays starting July 2nd at 7pm EST here at WLBB; free for all viewers

Big Brother Express Lunch
Live feed subscribers can benefit from Big Brother Express Lunch with Chelsia (BB9) at no extra cost. Join Chelsia each Thursday and Friday at 12pm PST on the live feeds. Only live feed subscribers will be able to watch and participate in this show. Sign up today for the BB11 live feeds and get Chelsia’s show in addition to the live feeds for just $29.99 for the entire BB11 season. This special 25% off pricing increases on July 9th, so be sure to sign up here!

Must-know details: Thursdays and Fridays at 3pm EST; only for live feed subscribers (sign up here)

Dick Donato
Evel Dick from Big Brother 8 will be hosting a show on the live feeds as well. Only live feeds subscribers will be able to watch his show. When we know more details about his show dates and times, we’ll let you know. Sign up today for the BB11 live feeds and get Dick’s show in addition to the live feeds and Chelsia’s show for just $29.99 for the entire BB11 season. This special 25% off pricing increases on July 9th, so be sure to sign up here!

Must-know details: Dates and times TBA; only for live feed subscribers (sign up here)

Source: WeLoveBigBrother.com

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
12 Journalists in the BB house

Big Brother media day. 12 press locked in the house for 12 hours. Who will be voted out?

Source: Twitter.com

Big Brother 11 Preseason News Round-Up

With less than 3 weeks until the season premiere of Big Brother 11
the rush of news is going to really start to build. This week there
were a lot of little stories that crept out so here they are all piled
together:

• Move over Evel Dick & Janelle. RealNetworks is going to be offering a weekly commentary show starring BB9 houseguest Chelsia Hart and Missy Zeigler only available on the live feeds. If Big Brother Network sells the most live feeds preseason then all of you get an exclusive, 1-hour webchat with Chelsia, the Easter Egg smasher herself! Sign-up for the live feeds now and let’s win this!
  • The Big Brother 11 house has been completed. CBS
    toured the newly redone future prison for 12 though no pictures were
    released. You can expect those photos a week or two before the BB11 season premiere.
  • Friday is “Media Day” in the new BB house where a dozen-plus media
    members will play out a fast paced version of the Big Brother game.
    Somehow this event never seems to get much attention.
  • Live studio audiences return to eviction night and you can attend! Sign up to get tickets from OCA who has tickets starting with the July 16th episode, our first eviction!
  • CBS confirmed the houseguest count will be at 12 for Big Brother 11
    with their latest commercial which you can watch below. Didn’t I already promise you that?
  • RealNetworks rolled out their Early-Bird special with the entire season of Big Brother live feeds for just $30. Details here on how you can double down with $30 in free mp3’s with your feeds subscription.
Source: bigbrothernetwork.com

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Grodner Dishes On Big Brother 11

Allison Grodner (Executive Producer) was interviewed this morning on the John Jay & Rich Show and spilled a few interesting tidbits. You can listen to the full interview here.

Here's a rundown of the more interesting stuff from the interview.

- Allison Grodner says that there were alot of interesting people in the house for media day who work in television, print,
internet media, etc. "Some fun people, really interesting." She says that the footage will be released shortly. This means we should be
seeing the new house soon.

- The entire cast has been chosen. "Everyone is in. We've got a cast, we've got the twist, the new house. It's exciting."

- More on the twist: "I can tell you that this season is different. The twist this season is unique, as always. It is incredibly
relatable. I think everyone will be able to identify with this twist. That is all I can tell you. There's also something else happening on
premiere night that's unprecedented that will be alot of fun. You're going to hear more and more about this as we approach the premiere date." Allison says that she can't release any information about the twist until the cast is in sequester, but as soon as they're under lock and key, all the information will be revealed.

- More on the house: "The house is gorgeous. It's a modern house this season, and we're going green. Eco-friendly." (Eh… I'm not so sure about this, LoL)

- Julie Chen will be hosting all season, despite her pregnancy. Allison jokes that Chenbot's baby will be the surprise 14th houseguest. (Interesting that she mentions 14 houseguests since we've been told there will only be 12…)

Source: RealityBBQ

Big Brother 11: There may be a ring of truth to it…

We're three weeks from the start of the Big Brother 11 season and rumors are flying fast and furious. In an interview with TVGrapevine.com's own Al Sysop, Robyn Kass commented that Big Brother fans are great because they read so much into everything trying to figure out everything about the new season before it begins. She cited the first promo ad for the Big Brother 11 season that splashes on the screen that this season will hold "Bigger Secrets" and what that meant for this season's theme.

As Robyn noted, it probably doesn't mean anything because the CBS promo department is off doing their own thing. Shana Alexander said, "Trying to squash a rumor is like trying to unring a bell." That may be so, sometimes it's more fun to ring the bell and see who hears it. With so many rumors about Big Brother 11 abound, it seemed a good idea to take a look at a few of them and see just how outrageous they are. The biggest rumors tend to focus on the Big Brother House and the Big Brother Cast.

The biggest Big Brother rumor about the Big Brother house this season is that a second duplicate house is being built on the CBS lot. Speculation about what this second House will be used for range from it will be used as the new Jury House to it will be populated with an entire second set of House Guests who will be in simultaneous competition with the original Big Brother House. This rumor seems to be built on a posting at jokersupdates.com where a poster named "doctorwibbles" said he'd obtained the knowledge firsthand by a construction worker and an unnamed woman at the CBS Studio Lot. The biggest argument out on the internet against this rumor is that in a failing economy CBS can't afford to build a second duplicate house and where would they put it? For my money, the biggest arguments against this rumor are the big red flags you might see with any urban legend posted at snopes.com.

There is very little information available about the original poster, "doctorwibbles"
The "brother" who is a security guard is unnamed. Although this may be because the original poster is trying to protect his bro's job, more likely it is an attempt to add validity to the story.
The "construction worker" and "woman who claimed to be close to the show" are also anonymous. Again, although the original poster may be trying to protect the identity of a valued source, the anonymity lends itself more towards fiction.

Is there a second Big Brother House? Probably not. It's just way too complicated for a summer show that struggles every year to remain in the line-up. The only way I see this being true is if the second house is being set up as a Jury House. As opposed to shipping the sequestered jury members off to a secluded tropical paradise somewhere and using a standard film crew to capture some basic moments, a fully rigged Jury House loaded with cameras and microphones and maybe with the remaining contestants from an explosive season? Could be a solution to the mid to late season doldrums. With nothing to win or lose, the Jury Members may provide for more entertaining television (onlinebigbrother.com seems to have tried to quash this rumor today).

But for that rumor to be true, one of the perennial favorites would likely have to be true as well. For several years now, the early rumor that the House Guests will be comprised of Fan Favorites from past seasons pops up to rear its ugly head and then be silenced by the new season. This year, in typical Big Brother fashion, a new twist to the Fan Favorite Rumor has been added. It's called the Crossover. This is one of those dreaded and tired tools of network television producers attempting to save or aid a flailing program. Pull characters from one show and throw them into the mix in another show. Not quite a spin-off, but not really satisfying either. In our case, the rumor goes that the producers of Big Brother are going to grab a load of ex-Survivor favorites (maybe a Rupert or Richard Hatch) and mix them in with the new House Guests. A Fans vs Favs kind of thing. Not a chance that CBS would pull a stunt like this. First off, one of the most favored of Survivor's cast is Richard Hatch and he's unavailable. He's still doing time for tax evasion (how dumb do you have to be to accept a check for $1M on national television and then not file taxes or claim the winnings that year when you do?). Beyond that, I just don't see Survivor stooping to that level. As much as I love Big Brother, it's just not on the same level as Survivor is when it comes to quality television. Could you picture Jeff Probst hosting an episode of Big Brother with the Chenbot?

As we get nearer to the start of the Big Brother 11 season, it gets harder and harder to even find outlandish rumors to make fun of as the rumors start dwindling and becoming gossip and factoids. TVGrapevine.com does appear to be at the forefront of the know-how of what's going on in the world of Big Brother. If it's real and substantiated, it's usually found on TVGrapevine.com. Those wild-eyed, crazy conspiracy theories coming out of the basement headquarters of Dale Gribble are out there, but you won't find them at TVGrapevine.com, so for Big Brother 11 Fact over Big Brother 11 Fiction, keep coming back here.

Source: TVGrapevine

Big Brother 11 Spoilage - Allison Grodner talks about Media Day and the Big Brother House

Allison Grodner Executive Producer of Big Brother 11 was interviewed this morning on the John Jay & Rich Show. Grab the entire interview off the Akamai cloud here

Here is the highlights from the interview

* was alot of interesting people in the house for media day who work in television, print, internet media, etc. "Some fun people, really interesting."
* The press lived one week of Big Brother in 12 hours
* The cast and twist have been finalized
* She says that the footage will be released shortly.
* The entire cast has been chosen. "Everyone is in. We've got a cast, we've got the twist, the new house. It's exciting."
* Allison says that she can't release any information about the twist until the cast is in sequester, but as soon as they're under lock and key, all the information will be revealed.
* Something new on premiere night is "unprecedented"
* "The house is gorgeous. It's a modern house this season, and we're going green. Eco-friendly."
* The 14th Houseguest is Julia Chen's spawn
* Julie Chen will be hosting all season, despite her pregnancy.
* Live Feeds are going to be intense this year lots of crazy twists
* She encourages everyone near the studio to join in on the live audience show

"I can tell you that this season is different. The twist this season is unique, as always. It is incredibly relatable. I think everyone will be able to identify with this twist. That is all I can tell you. There's also something else happening on premiere night that's unprecedented that will be alot of fun. You're going to hear more and more about this as we approach the premiere date."

Source: OnlineBigBrother

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
WeLove BigBrother.com Visits the Big Brother 11 House

WeLoveBigBrother.com correspondent Katie Neal packed her bags and headed to the Big Brother 11 house on Friday to participate in media day.

WeLoveBigBrother.com was selected to participate in the annual Big Brother Media In-House day. Twelve members of the media from around the country were sent into the Big Brother 11 house on Friday, June 19th. Or maybe we should call it the Big Brother 10.5 house???

For the past couple of seasons, CBS has locked several members of the press in the Big Brother house to show them what the Big Brother houseguests go through day in and day out. The participants go through several challenges, nominations, and even an eviction!

Check back June 29th for many details of Katie's experience in the Big Brother house!

To be alerted as soon as Katie shares her experiences, make sure you stay up to date with WeLoveBigBrother.com. Follow us on Twitter or join or eNewsletter for instant updates. Plus, we'll be discussing the details in our forum.

Source: WeLoveBigBrother

Press Day!

Aw yeah, baby! Now we KNOW it’s getting close! Today various journalists and bloggers spend the day INSIDE THE BIG BROTHER HOUSE! Lucky bastards. The only one I know for sure yet is Ben over at B-side Blog - little did we know when he tweeted that he was going off the grid for the day in 3…2…1.. he meant INSIDE THE BIG BROTHER HOUSE! I am so 100% jealous! He tweeted his release from the 12 hour sequester just a few moments after CBS tweeted the day had finished, and they would allow the journalists to release details on their own…

Don’t worry - I’m all about stalking him until he posts! It’s just one of the little things I do for all you Big Brother Crazies!

While we’re waiting for the stories to start pouring in, take a gander at this! Alison Grodner gave a radio interview this morning with John, Jay and Rich over at BB-411, and gave us a few details to ponder over and pick apart and OMGYAY somewhere around 4 minutes into the interview! Check it:

“Everyone is in. We’ve got a cast, we’ve got the twist, the new house. It’s exciting!”

“I can tell you that this season is different. The twist this season is unique, as always. It is incredibly relatable. I think everyone will be able to identify with this twist. That is all I can tell you. There’s also something else happening on premiere night that’s unprecedented that will be alot of fun. You’re going to hear more and more about this as we approach the premiere date.”

“The house is gorgeous. It’s a modern house this season, and we’re going green. Eco-friendly.”

And Alison joked about Julie hosting through the pregnancy, and joked that the baby would be the FOURTEENTH CONTESTANT - do we consider that a confirmed 13 houseguests for the season? DO WE? I think we MIGHT be able too!

Back to Press Day:
– who dresses up in costume on Craig Furgeson’s show? He was there too.
– Someone named Carrie on that interview was also in the house…

THIS JUST IN: No details will be released until JUNE 29TH!

Which means, of course, that while we’re chomping at the bit, that means that we have a definite day that the actual cast will be preparing to enter the house, completely sequestered! We can expect them to move in by July 2nd most likely, with the premiere on the 9th.

WHOOO!

Also - if you’re lucky enough to be in LA during the season, and want tickets to the Live Eviction show? It’ll be a Live audience again this year and you can get your tickets by clicking here! And after you go - be sure to come back here and give us all the details!

As always - as soon as I know? You’ll know! In the meantime, hit up the forums and sign up for our pool party!

Source: BBCraze

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Big Brother 11 House goes Green - House Secrets Exposed and Press Tour Participants Identified

::RUMOR::

Rumors are circulating once again about what the Big Brother 11 house is really looking like. Yesterday the Media was aloud to visit the house and run through a typical day in the BB house. Everyone was hoping that after this event they would release some pictures of the house but sadly there has been a Media Blackout until June 29th. Yes it sucks ass but lucky for us there was a rumored leak and someone going around spewing out hints on what the Big Brother House is looking like. A recent interview with Executive Producer Allison Grodner did shed some light on the theme this year.

"The house is gorgeous. It's a modern house this season, and we're going green. Eco-friendly."

Heres a short summary of some of the rumors running around about the house some of these look to be very believable. Nothing will be concrete until the 29th when B-Side Blog posts the information.

1. Pillows are made of hemp/Cotton fiber
  2. Kitchen table looks like a canopy tree
  3. TV in HOH room has been upgraded to a more modern set
  4. Whole kitchen/dining area looks like a forest with fake grass from the backyard as carpet
  5. Living room has huge rocking chairs that recline
  6. No couch in the living room
  7. A huge tank is situated in the corner and filled with fish
  8. Fiber optic textured Walls of different colors
  9. motion-censored sinks controlling the volume of water released
  10. motion-censored showers controlling the volume of water released
  11. Upstairs is asian inspired with dragons on the wall and hanging Asian lanterns
  12. Upstairs sofa is a giant leather circular bean bag
  13. Backyard has a eco-fountain
  14. No clothes washer
  15. Giant Mural of a forest

List of confirmed participants at press day

1. Ben from B-Side Blog
  2. Dennis Luciani from Average Joe
  3. Jen Johnson of BB8 fame
  4. Carrie Ann Moten from JohnJay&Rich
  5. Katie McNeal
  6. Ross Mathews from Inside Dish
  7. Dawg From Big Brother 11 Spoilers (lol he wishes try again next year wink.gif )

Source: OnlineBigBrother

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
'Big Brother' 11 House Rumored to Go Green?

While there's always a surprising twist every season Big Brother airs, this year it's a bit more expected than usual. According to the website Online Big Brother, the notorious house will be heading for a new direction. The eleventh installment of the hit show will reportedly go green.

Over the weekend, the media was allowed to visit the set of the CBS series and check out what a typical day was like in the house. Unfortunately for them (and for the fans), the Media Blackout is in effect until June 29. Even so, it's always fun to check out what rumors are plaguing Big Brother.

Though the environment-friendly theme of this season remains to be mere speculation, there's still some truth behind it. A recent interview with Big Brother's executive producer Allison Grodner revealed what to expect come July.

"The house is gorgeous. It's a modern house this season, and we're going green. Eco-friendly," she said on the John Jay & Rich Show. She's also confirmed that it's been finalized, along with the members of the cast.

There has also been a number of Big Brother 11 buzz released about the details of the house, and with Grodner's statement they seem highly believable. The site reported that going along with the theme is everything else.

It's been said that the pillows will be made of hemp, the kitchen area looks like a forest and the colorful walls will be fiber-optic textured. There will also be a huge tank filled with fish in one corner of the house and an eco-fountain in the backyard. There'll be motion-censored showers and sinks, but there won't be a washer for the clothes. Could it be that they're giving the houseguests recyclable fashion?

Despite all these tales, we'll only get to see what's really going on in the house when Big Brother airs its eleventh season on July 9, 8pm on CBS.

Source: BuddyTV.com

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Big Brother 11 House - First Details Revealed

The Big Brother 11 house has been completed and partially explored thanks to Friday’s “Media Day” where a dozen media members played out a 12-hour version of the Big Brother game. While those temporary houseguests are on an embargo from providing details of the events there have been a few leaks regarding the the BB11 house itself.

Every year the theme and style of the house is cause for much speculation and excitement because of its potential for implications of the season’s theme or twist. This year’s supposed theme for the house, whether or not it impacts the seasonal twist is unknown, is “going green.”

BBDish broke the story thanks to an anonymous tipper, so as with all rumors take caution until we get visual confirmation:

Kitchen table looks like a canopy tree. Whole kitchen/dining area looks like a forest (?) with fake grass from the backyard as “carpet.”

Living room has huge rocking chairs that recline. No couch. A huge triangular tank (at least 8 ft. tall) is nestled in the corner and filled with jelly fish. Textured walls sparkle different colors like fiber-optic.

Bathroom looks like a public restroom with urinals along the wall, but they don’t work. Green tile floors. Shower doors are completely see-through with only enough curtain to cover one side at a time.

BBDish has more details here if you’d like to read more on the house rumors.

I can’t wait to see if the jellyfish tank is true or not. That sounds really cool. Okay, okay, I might be more interested to see if the see-through showers are true, but that’s what the live feeds are for anyway.

I’m hoping to get the Big Brother 11 house pictures within the next week and then I’ll post them here on the site immediately for you to devour.

Source: BigBrotherNetwork

CBS Improves 'Big Brother' Live Feeds

The eleventh season of CBS' Big Brother will be premiering soon, and it's doubtless the network is pulling out all the stops. According to their new and improved 24/7 Live Feeds page, several more unique features will be added to increase the excitement surrounding the hit show.

One of the first among the features is the change in player, which allows you to watch in Quad Cam or single view. This also means fans can switch while the previews just keep running.

Another new feature is the flashback, enabling viewers to access any moment they weren't able to witness during the live feeds. In addition, a Big Brother talk show will also be added. It was reported earlier that Evil Dick and Janelle Pierzina would be hosting this, dishing on the latest buzz of the series and chatting with the houseguests. It's been said that they'll be doing a He Says/She Says type of show, and you can catch that on the site as well.

The new site will also have an "HG Connect" feature, which is truly something to look forward to if you're a huge Big Brother enthusiast. This makes meeting houseguests possible for fans. There'll be reunions and live events, which you can follow on both Twitter and Facebook. This feature also allows fans to ask questions during the live interviews with former houseguests.

With those on the way, who can resist tuning in to the Big Brother Live Feeds page? Certainly there are some things you can't see on television, making this site the place to be if you're hoping to see more (even too much) of the Season 11 houseguests. They all sound interesting, particularly the "HG Connect" one. It seems as though that alone could get you in the house itself.

Don't miss the premiere of Big Brother 11 on July 9 at 8pm on CBS.

Source: BuddyTV

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
I always love seeing the what the house looks like. Especially the bedrooms!!

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Big Brother 11: Producer Spills Details On Upcoming Season

June 22, 2009 01:00:58 by Britteny Elrick

The premiere of Big Brother 11 is only a few weeks away, and you’re probably wondering what the season has in store. Recently, Executive Producer, Allison Grodner, sat down with the John Jay & Rich Show to leak a few interesting facts about the new houseguests. Keep reading for more details on the house, the cast, and the twist!

Here are a few of the highlights, as broken down by RealityBBQ.com:

Allison Grodner says that there were alot of interesting people in the house for media day who work in television, print, internet media, etc. “Some fun people, really interesting.” She says that the footage will be released shortly. This means we should be seeing the new house soon.

The entire cast has been chosen. “Everyone is in. We’ve got a cast, we’ve got the twist, the new house. It’s exciting.”

More on the twist: “I can tell you that this season is different. The twist this season is unique, as always. It is incredibly relatable. I think everyone will be able to identify with this twist. That is all I can tell you. There’s also something else happening on premiere night that’s unprecedented that will be alot of fun. You’re going to hear more and more about this as we approach the premiere date.” Allison says that she can’t release any information about the twist until the cast is in sequester, but as soon as they’re under lock and key, all the information will be revealed.

More on the house: “The house is gorgeous. It’s a modern house this season, and we’re going green. Eco-friendly.” Julie Chen will be hosting all season, despite her pregnancy. Allison jokes that Julie’s baby will be the surprise 14th houseguest.

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Big Brother 11 Twist Rumor: Freaks & Geeks

Another day, another Big Brother 11 rumor. Today’s is a bit more exciting than yesterday’s as it confronts the ever mysterious seasonal twist (or theme, if you prefer). Insider tipster, “CornerOffice,” over at RealityBBQ has released two bits of juicy BB11 gossip:

The House Guests enter the house on July 5th.

As far as the twist, I’ll ask you a question. What clique were you part of in High School?

HGs moving in 4 days in advance of the Big Brother 11 premiere is not too exciting, but the second bit is: cliques. Does this mean we’ll have a “Freaks & Geeks” styled twist with the jocks on one end of the table and the 12-sided die owners at the other? We’ll know in a few weeks when the cast is announced.

Meanwhile, don’t miss your chance to get the Big Brother live feeds at the preseason discount of $30 for the entire season. The deal expires when the season begins, but if you lock in the 3-month rate now you’ll be covered through the entire Big Brother 11 season. Don’t forget your $30 in free mp3s with the feeds!

Source: BigBrotherNetwork

Big Brother 11 “Twist” Rumor

Well, the rumors are flying left and right. I’m just excited for any little smidge that I can get.

The Big Brother Network is reporting a few tidbits:

The House Guests enter the house on July 5th.

As far as the twist, I’ll ask you a question. What clique were you part of in High School?

Oh jeez. If they make this into a Reality TV version of The Breakfast Club I might … well who am I kidding. I’ll still watch. biggrin.gif

Source: TVOverMind

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Big Brother 11 Media In-House Day Update

After spending twelve hours in the Big Brother 11 house, WeLoveBigBrother.com is prepared to share all of our juicy details. For now, here’s a preview of what to expect.

On Monday, June 29th, WeLoveBigBrother.com will be sharing the details and video from our stay in the Big Brother 11 house on June 19th. We’ll have a detailed story about the house and possible twist ideas. Plus we’ll explain all of the details of the eleven other journalists who were locked in the house alongside WLBB.

Be sure to check back June 29th for the following information:
  • Who particpated in the media in-house day?
  • Who won the HOH and Veto challenges, who was nominated, and who was evicted?
  • Who went on slop?
  • Details on the appearances of the house and all the rooms (HOH, diary room, bedrooms, etc.)
  • Are any online rumors about the house correct?
  • Details of the new “green” and eco-friendly house

Post your comments below about what information you hope we reveal on June 29th.

Source: WeLoveBB.com

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Big Brother 11 logo!

CBS has a new logo up for Big Brother 11.

Source: RealityBBQ

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Two New "Guilty Pleasure" BB11 Commercials

At least two new commercials have entered the cycle on CBS. These new Big Brother 11 commercials are promoting the summer's "guilty pleasure" of Big Brother.

"Guilty Pleasure" Commercial

The summer's guilty pleasure, Big Brother, is back. C'mon y'all. 12 strangers. 1 house. No contact with the outside world. C'mon y'all. Cameras record their every move, 24/7. A voyeuristic hoot. It's gonna get wild. And once a week, someone will be evicted. It's a new season with even crazier twists and even more outrageous stunts. Check in for the summer with Big Brother. Premiers July 9th only on CBS.

"C'mon y'all" Commercial

Big Brother is back. C'mon y'all. It's a new season with crazier twists and more outrageous stunts. The new Big Brother premiers Thursday, July 9th on CBS.

Source: WeLoveBB.com

Big Brother 11 news and rumors: two tribes and two houses? cliques? a $0 prize?

Big Brother 11 debuts two weeks from tomorrow, and facts and rumors about the new season are floating around online.

Last Friday, bloggers and TV journalists and the like spent 14 hours in the house for media day because, like I mentioned on Twitter, it’s useful for the producers to test things with a group of people who are as unstable as their actual contestants. They’ll be allowed to talk about their experiences—when CBS will likely reveal some twists and possibly even the cast—this coming Monday.

But why wait when we can speculate? After all, this is Big Brother, and many people have been in hibernation until now, when they wake up and get ready to devote about three months of their lives to obsessively following other people’s lives for three months.

Before the rumors, here are some actual facts: Showtime 2’s broadcast of After Dark will return starting July 9, according to the network’s schedule. Speaking of schedules, after a 9.5 week season last year, this season will be about the same length: nine-plus weeks. CBS announced Wednesday that Survivor Samoa, the show’s 19th season, debuts a week before the regular TV season, on Sept. 17. That premiere is exactly 10 weeks from the July 9 start date of Big Brother, which means the houseguests will definitely leave our TV sets by Sept. 15, if not Sept. 13 or 10. Finally, just like last year, the live studio audience will return, and tickets are now available if you’d like to wave fake signs to help the houseguests feel better about themselves.

As to rumors, first, my contribution: I’ve heard that the show will basically borrow from Survivor and organize the house into, for lack of a better term, tribes, and thus challenge wins and losses—including HOH—will benefit/punish the entire team. This isn’t a lot different than what the show has done in the past with challenges that force the houseguests to divide into teams, but they’ve never started with two pre-set alliances, basically.

For what it’s worth, I really hope the producers don’t pre-sort them into groups. The best season in the show’s history, Big Brother 6, worked in part because the house aligned and divided itself organically, and last season was pretty great because the producers took their insecure hands off things and just let a group of interesting, actual strangers play the game.

In related rumors, Reality BBQ suggests the casting has something to do with high school clicks, while the two-tribe format sort of aligns with another rumor, which is that there will be two physical houses. A replica house was constructed, according to a Jokers’ Updates poster. However, in an awkward phone interview with TV Grapevine, casting director Robyn Kass said “it’s cool,” which sounded singular to me, not that she’d reveal a big twist.

In addition, I find it to be highly improbable that CBS would spend the money to build another house while Survivor is filming back-to-back seasons only because of budget cuts and the cheap-ass Housecalls online talk show gets cancelled because it can’t find a sponsor. Maybe the current house is being split in half somehow, but that also seems like it would cost more than it’s worth.

Colleen Sullivan, the show’s CBS publicist, wrote on Twitter that the show is “is Going Green like you’ve never seen!” and is “Eco Friendly proud,” which may refer to the house—or to read into way into it, maybe they’re even recycling contestants, since all-stars are a perennial rumor even though that didn’t really work last time.

Meanwhile, radio host Carrie Ann Moten, one of the embargoed, um, journalists in the house last Friday blogged that “There is a pretty awesome twist this season AND it’s NEVER happened on TV.” But reality blurred friend B-Side, who was also in the house, wrote on Jokers, “I don’t know the twist, and I was in the house with her!”

One final rumor from Jokers: the cast will be told the prize is $0 and they have to earn it, which if that’s true, would be directly cribbed from The Mole and its “pot.” With Survivor-like tribes, maybe this season’s theme is “we totally ran out of ideas and stole them from better reality shows.”

Finally, while there are 12 empty spaces for houseguest faces on Big Brother’s web site, Julie Chen said on The Early Show in March that they will “throw 10 new strangers into the house this summer.” If there actually are just 10 people, that would be the smallest number since the first season, which also had 10. But she also said in March, and there’s no way they’d locked down the season’s details by then. Also, she’s Julie Chen, and we know how good she is with dispensing accurate, coherent information while broadcasting live.

Source: RealityBlurred.com

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts

no words needed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users