Big Brother in the Media

"BIG BROTHER" TO PREMIERE THURSDAY, JULY 9 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

BIG BROTHER will return for its 11th installment on Thursday, July 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Following the premiere, BIG BROTHER will be broadcast three nights weekly, beginning Sunday, July 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), Tuesday, July 14 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the LIVE eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, beginning Thursday, July 16 (8:00

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBS sets July return for 'Big Brother'

CBS has announced the premiere date for the 11th installment of its long-running summer reality series "Big Brother."

The fresh run of "Big Brother" episodes will launch on Thursday, July 9 at 8 p.m. on CBS.

"Big Brother" will then have its time period debuts on Sunday, July 12 at 8 p.m. and then Tuesday July 14 at 9 p.m. The first live eviction show will be Thursday, July 16.

As per usual, Julie Chen will be back hosting as a group of housemates are followed by cameras and microphones 24 hours a day as they scheme, squabble, compete and occasionally, if the show is well-cast, have sex. The last remaining houseguest after three months wins a $500,000 prize and gets to join the illustrious ranks of that person who won last season and that guy who won the season before that.

[Actually, Dan won on last season's "Big Brother," dominating Memphis in a unanimous vote. Adam was the winner of "Big Brother 9," which aired as a spring series because of the writers' strike.]

Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan return as executive producers.

Source: Hitfix

CBS announces 'Big Brother's eleventh edition to premiere July 9

Following its debut, Big Brother will move into its regular thrice-weekly broadcast schedule, with Sunday night episodes airing at 8PM ET/PT beginning July 12 and Tuesday night episodes airing at 9PM ET/PT beginning July 14.

Similar to previous Big Brother seasons, the Thursday episodes will serve as the eleventh season's live eviction shows beginning with the July 16 broadcast.

Although she'll be six months pregnant by the time it premieres, Big Brother host Julie Chen -- who has hosted the long-running reality series since it first premiered on CBS in July 2000 -- will reprise her role for the show's eleventh season.

"Despite what you read in the paper, I'm not taking maternity leave from Big Brother," Chen said when she announced her pregnancy in April. "I emailed my boss over there this weekend and I said 'Don't worry, I can still do the show,' so I hope she's not reading that."

The baby will be the first child for Chen and her husband, CBS president Les Moonves.

Source: RealityTVWorld

'Big Brother 11': Premiere date has been set

CBS has officially announced the premiere date for "Big Brother 11." It will premiere at 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 12, on CBS. Here are the official details for the show from CBS:

BIG BROTHER will return for its 11th installment on Thursday, July 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Following the premiere, BIG BROTHER will be broadcast three nights weekly, beginning Sunday, July 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), Tuesday, July 14 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the LIVE eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, beginning Thursday, July 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT).

BIG BROTHER follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move, 24 hours a day. One by one, the Houseguests will vote each other out of the house. At the end of three months, the last remaining Houseguest will receive the Grand Prize of $500,000.

Chen wed the 59-year-old Moonves during a small sunset ceremony at a private home in Acapulco in 2004. Moonves has three grown children with Nancy Moonves, his previous wife of 24 years. Moonves officially ended the marriage just prior to his wedding to Chen.

Big Brother is executive produced by Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan in association with the show's Endemol USA production company.

Source: Knoxville Celebrity News

'Big Brother' premiere date announced

It looks like we're back to a more normal schedule this summer, "Big Brother" fans.

The premiere date for "Big Brother 11" has been announced as Thursday, July 9th. Thank goodness we're back to Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday airings. I was not a fan of Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday last year. It seemed like they were scrambling for good stuff to include on Wednesday's shows and then having way too much to feature on Sunday's shows.

We are exactly six weeks away today, y'all. Woo hoo!

Source: Zap2It

CBS Sets Big Brother 11 Premiere Date

Good news, Big Brother fans (and for those of you who scoff at the show but watch anyway)!

Big Brother 11 will premiere Thursday, July 8 at 8 pm/ET on CBS, the network announced. Beginning July 12, the show will air three nights a week

Big Brother Season 11 On July 9

Finally its good news for Big Brother Fans, as CBS has announced the premier date for Big Brother Season 11. The date is confirmed by CBS as July 9th.

Beginning July 12, the show will air three nights a week

Big Brother Returns This Summer on CBS

On July 9th, the Eleventh season of Big Brother premiers on CBS. This will broadcast three times weekly beginning Sunday July 12 (8:00-9:00pm, ET), Tuesday July 14 (9:00-10:00, ET). Julie Chen, who is now pregnant will continue to host the LIVE eviction shows - baby bump and all.

Big Brother is about a group of people living together in a house with several cameras and microphones recording their every activity 24 hours a day. Contestants will compete against, yell at and occasionally sleep with one another. Each week, someone will be evicted by other members of the house. At the end of the three months competition, the last man or woman standing will receive the grand prize of half a million dollars and fame.

Big Brother is arguably my favorite reality show, and I

Big Brother 11: Robyn Kass Interviewed, Rumors Exposed

Big Brother 11

Robyn Kass Interviewed,

Rumors Exposed

Once again I got to interview Robyn Kass of Kassting Inc. the casting company and director for Big Brother 11 and as usual Robyn was her effervescent self providing one of the best interviews possible for the coming season of Big Brother 11.

Robyn is usually a tough interview because she is in a position where she just cannot divulge information before it is officially released, however in this interview we did manage to expose a couple of rumors and perhaps even deal with a myth or two.

This is a must listen to interview if you are a Big Brother fan because as you are aware Robyn has done the casting for Big Brother for many years and if you listen closely this is where you are likely to get more information about the coming Big Brother season than you will from any other source.

You can visiting Robyn's My space site at http://www.myspace.com/rkass. Robyn leaves bulletins for Big brother fans and doesn't mind hearing from you.

Source and video interview: TVGrapevine

Official CBS Big Brother 11 Website Launched

CBS.com has launched the new design for their Big Brother 11 website. The official site is now up and features new content for the BB11 season, which premiers Thursday, July 9th.

Website Features:

• 12 houseguest icons (this has been known to fluctuate)
  • New Big Brother 11 Fantasy League
  • New photo albums like

I checked out the new site for BB, and tried to view some of the videos. Wont let me in my 'region'

CBS better so something about that, or there will be some mighty pissed off Canadians! :censored:

It's always been that way. Due to copyright restrictions we can't see the videos. I suggest checking on youtube. Or if you're really computer literate use a proxy.

CBS Official 'Big Brother' 11 Website Has Been Launched

bb11website.jpg

CBS has officially launched it's new website for "Big Brother" 11. It's got a cool black background layout this year. In the navigation bar, things are a little different this year. There's no "Big Brother" House Calls" under the "videos" section since they weren't able to find a sponsor this year,but it does have plenty of videos and interviews from past "Big Brother" shows. It has an "Interact" section which contains a "Big Brother" forum. It contains a "photos" section that has photos from past seasons of "Big Brother". A "Recaps" section which recaps all the "Big Brother" shows. A "House Guests" which has profiles of the "Big Brother" house guests. Then it has a "Fantasy" section for a new "Big Brother" fantasy game they've created this season.

The "Big Brother" 11 House guests currently just have ? marks on them as they have not yet been revealed. The site also contains a link where you can download "Big Brother" episodes from itunes. And of course the ever glorious link to sign up for the 24 hour "Big Brother" live feeds. Well, that's the official "Big Brother" 11 website for this year. "House Calls" will be missed,but we'll try and cope.

You can visit the new CBS "Big Brother" 11 site by Clicking Here.

Source: OnTheFlix.com

Evil Dick and Janelle to return to 'Big Brother 11'

"Big Brother 11" just got a little more annoying this summer. Dick and Janelle are back to do a weekly podcast and he said/she said weekly blog post.

I hate "Evil" Dick. I don't think he's a funny persona, I think he is an enormous jerk with anger issues who likes to throw adolescent tantrums and can't deal with the fact that he's not 25 years old anymore. On his season of "Big Brother," he kept up the persona most of the time, but every once in awhile the mask would slip and we'd see just how disturbed he really was.

As for Janelle... I want to throttle her with her "Baby make it nice" t-shirt.

Anyway, the two have teamed up for coverage of the show this summer. Dick told BBDish:

I will be doing my weekly webcast for Real Player again this year. RealPlayer Superpass has given me my own tab in their browser, which will closely link my website and my myspace, etc... They have been great to work with, and our relationship is solid.

I have some fun guests lined up, and we will be out on locations more this season. We will also have more past houseguests ... The viewers were out in huge numbers for the show last year, and I don't see any reason why that would change.

I will also be doing a weekly webcast with Janelle to fill the void left by the Cancellation of Housecalls. It will be a call in show that will talk about the feeds and anything and everything else going on in the house and being talked about on the internet. I will be in studio while Janelle will be in NYC, but will be as good as sitting next to me co-hosting the show (well, as good as for you people, but I am getting jipped [sic].) We will also be doing a "He said, She said" type blog or column.

Source: Zap2It

Major Improvements to the Big Brother 11 Live Feeds

Good Evening Big Brother Lovers! Happy Tuesday & Happy 30 days til the Premiere of Big Brother 11. Can you stand it?!

30 days from now, we'll all be here getting to know all the new BB11 Houseguests on the Premiere Show. Then, a little while after that, the live feeds'll spark up, and we'll start to learn who they really are... or, who they are under incredible pressure, claustrophobia and paranoia, anyhow. ;)

Of course, while the premiere is on, many of you will already have staked out your spots in your favorite live feed chat rooms, waiting for that magic moment when after sooo many months, the live feeds come back on, and in an instant, we're miles ahead of the tv only audience, and we learn who's up on the block, and maybe even who won the 1st PoV! And we'll be here with you, watching every juicy moment!

Speaking of juicy, I made a promise a couple days ago about some new info, and I just got the go ahead to reveal some of it. ;)

First up, yes! We we will have the early bird deal available for you again, right here on BBDish. Pretty soon, actually. OK.. now on the the big stuff...

Feeders!! Hold on to your hats. The fine folks at real have made some really cool improvements to the live feeds interface. You're gonna love it! I already do.

Don't even think about copying and pasting this elsewhere. One or two lines and a link, that's all we ask.

OK, Here's what I know so far... My favorite improvement is gonna be called either the Calendar or the Flashback or the Time Machine, and while you may already be getting the gist of it just from the name, allow me to explain how it's gonna work.

Let's say some HG's head explodes while you're at work, you'll be able to plug in the time it happened, and go back to view it. Let's say the HoH reveal is taking too long, and you've just got to go to sleep. No problem. Just plug in the time you want, or the time your ever loving dishchicks have told you to look for, and poof, there you are.

Let's say you're reading the overnight report, and while we've posted screencaps of HGx and HGy getting busy or getting caught coming out of the shower or having a big fight, pics just aren't enough for you. You want to see how it all happened! Now you can, right there within the Big Brother Interface on Superpass. If you're reading this anywhere but http://bbdish.blogspot.com, it's been plagiarized & stolen. Come to the source!

Here's the mock up of what it's going to look like:

flashbackcomp.jpg

So, per the instructions, you pick a month and day, select an hour to view, select a camera and click submit. Easy, peasy, done!

Pretty cool, right?! 3 cheers for whatever they're gonna call this feature. I think they're leaning toward Flashback, but I dig the Time Machine.

My immediate questions are these:

1. Once I've chosen an hour to view, can I then fast forward it to get to the part I want?

2. Can I pause and rewind within this feature?

3. Will every moment of every day and every feed be available from start to finish, or is there a time limit of 1 month for archiving?

Actually, my 3rd question has already been answered. Not only will every moment of BB11 be available, every moment of Big Brother 10 will be too!

Extremely cool!

Anyhow, moving right along, the presentation of the rooms has also been upgraded. No longer will you have to go to quad to see what's going on everywhere, or flip from feed to feed. Check this out!

newbbvidprescomp.jpg

Instead of it saying 1, 2, 3, 4, Quad, there are actual pictures of each feed, all in a row, so you can tell who is where and where you want to be! Sweeeeeet!!

I've been advised that the small feeds will be security camera-esque in presentation quality, but.. who cares? They'll get us where we need to be without flip flopping around!

As you can see, the Quad Cam is still available as an option too!

newvidpreslargeview.jpg

In the pic above, take notice that along the bottom are a line up of videos. To my understanding, this is where key moments of the season will go, accessible all the time and changing frequently. Big Fights, Funny Escapades, Burlesque Shows??

Who knows what this season will bring?! The sure thing is this: BB11's gonna rock, and Real just made it even better.

Source: BBDish

Evel Dick

Big Brother 11 Will NOT be in HD

Big Brother 11 and the 24/7 live feeds will NOT be broadcast in high-definition. Several Big Brother websites are reporting that BB11 and the live feeds will be broadcast in HD. After speaking with Real Networks and a Showtime representative, it became clear that there was some confusion circulating regarding a previous message from Real Networks.

Real Networks plans on testing its Helix streaming technology for Big Brother. This platform can support HD streaming. However, the cameras in the Big Brother house have not been upgraded or replaced for HD viewing.

Showtime did say that they might upconvert, or stretch, the standard-definition signal coming from the house to fill the HD screen for Showtime

Big Brother 11: Ask BB11 Houseguests A Question

The cast for Big Brother 11 may still be in flux, but whoever ends up in the BB11 house already has their first task decided: answering your questions! CBS has offered up a very cool opportunity that I don't remember seeing before in any season. You can pose any question to the future Big Brother contestants and you just might see your query show up in the HG interviews!

Do you have something you want to ask the new Big Brother houseguests? Submit your burning questions by replying to this thread by Thursday, June 25 and we'll get them answered in our one-on-one "You Ask They Tell" interviews with the new houseguests!

Very cool. The deadline is 6/25/09, so hurry and pose your best question to CBS. Then be sure to tell the rest of us in the comments below what you want to hear from the Big Brother 11 houseguests!

Source: BigBrotherNetwork.com

Archived