Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Meredith and Gretchen

If Uchjoy didn't tell them about the earlier flight they would have lost their stuff again...

Funny how Gretchen basically took full credit for finishing second...

Or when she said... we found the gnome first... not thanks Uchjoy...

I am surprised that she can still breathe with her head so far up her own butt...

Didn't you hear the fear in Merideth's voice as he called for help when she fell?  I think he'd be lost without her too.  Thats the real reason I adore these two.  In a world where people go through partners like water -- its so refreshing to see a long lasting love.  They may grate on each others nerves -- but they've loved each other long enough that they can't help but show it to anyone who sees them.  Nothing fake, nothing put on.  He loves her.  She loves him.  Simplicity is a wonderful thing.

how long have they been married? Because Meridith does have a son froma nother woman :wink: But I donno they could still have been married for a long time

I have a brother from another mother!!

ok :?

same father different mothers...

Guest XandraSkye

Mad props to Meredith & Gretchen for taking the lead over Rob and Amber!

Is that better?

Kudos to Meredith and Gretchen for persevering and making it this far!! :D (regardless of her whining....she's entitled to that, sometimes, it must be very difficult for her)

Honestly, her whining has become a running gag. Each night its a new adventure to see what will set her off. Another thing, what on earth is their problem with seeing the obvious? More times than not they miss something that is right in front of them. (Granted Ron and Kelly did the same thing looking for the clue at the tower last night.) But sometimes I don't think Gretchen and Meridith would see a barn if they were standing right in front of it. If they had back all the time they have had to spend back tracking or simply searching, they would be a full day ahead of the rest of the teams. She almost tripped over the guy with the box of scales before she led poor Meridith on that scavenger hunt to look for them. I'd pay money to see them roll out hay bales to look for a clue. I swear she could unroll all the hay in the midwest and still not see it even if it was a 6ft high neon sign. BUT....this all takes nothing away from them, they trudge on and they're in the top 4, I'm not!

Guest XandraSkye
Sometimes whining comes from exhaustion ... of all the teams, they have been the most physically challenged in TAR this season.

Rans, always the voice of reason. And that's why I like him so.

If Meredith and Gretchen were in the final three I'd be very happy with that. I would like to see R/A win, U/J come in 2nd and M/G come in 3rd.

If Meredith and Gretchen were in the final three I'd be very happy with that.  I would like to see R/A win, U/J come in 2nd and M/G come in 3rd

I agree Skye, thats who I would want to see also!

Guest XandraSkye
I agree Skye

The world would be such a nicer place if everyone just always agreed with me. 8)

I wonder if that task next week will slow Meredith and Gretchen down at all?

Meredith and Gretchen are tow tough cookies thats for sure. I'm glad they have made it this far. Only goes to show you, older folks CAN keep up even after having all their stuff taken away.

how can they be slowed anymore?? its amazing to me how they came in second last nite with as many mistakes as they made. they are one lucky team to screw up so much and still be around. lady luck is on their side!

Guest Anonymous

I have little doubt that M/G will not win this race. Each challenge is putting harder pressure on both of them. I'm just finding it absolutely "amazing" to see things like Gretchen climbing that wall and her determination to keep going. I'm a whole lot younger -- but I'd want to give up on that one -- she kept going! I would love to see them in the final three. Oh -- and I counted: she said "Oh my God" 7 times in the two minute scene of her going up and through the tower. I supposed you could critisize that if you want -- I just thought it was funny.

Back to topic -- I can't be bothered wasting any more time on Kelly -- I'm proud that Meredith and Gretchen have made it so far -- and ended up in 2nd yesterday!
]

it was a shocker!

OOOOH MY GOD MEREDITH... DID YOU SEE THAT?? OOOOH MEREDITH...I THINK WE HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED!! OOOOH MY GOD.....OOooh....

:lol:

I will give them credit for getting as far as they did!!

Good, I am glad they are gone. She was so annoying, I could standing hearing her voice for another night.

I think they really did an awesome job and for some reason when they hit the mat tonight they looked the most relaxed I've ever seen them, I think they were ready to be finished, the relaxed look almost resembled relief.

I don't know why but her voice really didn't bother me much, but it could be because like others have said, I have a grandma that sounds like that,,how can you not love a grandmas voice no matter how grating it is..lol

Congratulations G and M you did an amazing job and should be proud of all you accomplished....Woo Hoo..

What struck me is that, if the rules hadnt prohibited them, U&J would have totally helped them do the boat challenge and given that Meredith appeared to have completed the driving task more quickly than Joyce, they would have been top 3 and U&J would have been out.

I think maybe M&G werent stressed because they wouldnt have wanted to beat U&J for that third slot knowing they had helped them so much the last two legs.

Should be an interesting finale with all three teams pretty much evenly matched in terms of intellect and strength.

I think they really did an awesome job and for some reason when they hit the mat tonight they looked the most relaxed I've ever seen them, I think they were ready to be finished, the relaxed look almost resembled relief.

I don't know why but her voice really didn't bother me much, but it could be because like others have said, I have a grandma that sounds like that,,how can you not love a grandmas voice no matter how grating it is..lol

Congratulations G  and M you did an amazing job and should be proud of all you accomplished....Woo Hoo..

I agree with you, they did a wonderful job and definitely didn't look bummed out at being eliminated. As for Gretchen's voice/whining, it didn't bother me as much as it bothered other people. I am so impressed with what they have accomplished! :D

logo.gif

watercooler.gif

The Amazing Race

I tell ya, I would not want to be around Meredith the next time he sees a red double-decker bus. He's been so amiable and even-keeled throughout the race, it's probably safe to say that he has never been as outwardly angry and aggravated as he was during that Road Block (especially around attempts six and seven). Let's remember, he was the man who last week named his figurine "Jerome The Gnome." I mean, that's a nice guy. Gretchen, his equally nice wife, was getting so fed up that her exclamation of "Oh... shoot!" was frighteningly close to an actual swear word. But can you blame either one of them? After that entire leg, it came down to pure driving ability

Good race Meredith and Gretchen, Kudos for making it so far

I have to say great race too... she might ahve been whiney and crying but they are the oldest couple to have made it this far... That says something about them they have Spunk...

Oh I agree..YAY old people!! Gretchen annoyed me more than Skye does but I can't overlook her dedication and hard work.