Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Meredith and Gretchen

even gretchen made the comment that they have never treated each other this way before.

it goes to show you what stress can do to a person.

i think they should be very proud to be the oldest couple who have gone this far and i think they deserve it.

i go back and think about all the stuff that has happened to them. they do seem to have the worst luck and the only worst thing that happened was to the brothers when their car flipped over.

with all the stuff that has happened to them be it bad luck or their own doing they still have made it this far and that is saying something for them.

i wonder what Ray is thinking as he could not stand being beaten or behind the oldies as he called them.

I agree that they have done an excellent job and they should be proud that they have gotten so far.That doesn't mean she's not annoying, whether that editing or not I don't know

You said it! I am proud that at there age they made it to at least number 4 and I just adore meridith, but Gretchen works my last nerve. (I think we should start a drinking game, every time she says OH MY you drink, and everytime she says "HURRY MERIDITH" you drink TWICE.

:twisted:

Guest Anonymous

I still like this couple. We see a lot of Gretchin complaining but they are always good to each other -- and to the other players in the race. Not once have I heard them say anything negative about any of the other racers. They are the oldest team to make it thus far -- and I'm still hoping they make it to final three.

These two have earned there place in this game and I think it would be wisest for the other remaining teams to recognize that and treat them with the respect they deserve.

Romber said any team could win it at this point all the teams are strong. I think that says it all. But I can respect them AND find her a little whiney. I dont think she does it to be mean or anything, I think she just worries alot. My mother is like that too -- if a fuse pops in the house she thinks the house will burn down. But you are right, they should be proud to at least make it to 4th and they obviously have a strong marriage.

Guest krazybroad

I am so sick of hearing Gretchen whining all the time, yes they are old, but I think she tries to use that to their advantage sometimes. Her voice just grates on my nerves every time I hear her screetch out Meredith. Why did she get up on the elephant in the first place and then ride it all the way instead of getting down and helping. Poor Meredith looked like he was gonna have a heart attack.

I agree 100%. We spend at least 10 minutes of the 45 or so minutes of air time listening to her whine, then watch her hop on the mat, wipe her face and prattle on about how thankful they are. Enough is enough already. Every week is a Gretchen crisis.

Gretchen's voice went right through my head last night..I actually wanted to hurt her .. :evil:

It seems like she thought one person was suppose to get in that 'thingy'.

At one point she said it didn't look like they had to - and tried to get out.

There's no way she could have gotten down without help (and no one was helping her get out). Once or twice I thought she was going to fall out because she was trying anyway.

She DOES seem to whine - - but, so did Lynn all the time.

Her voice is twice as bad when she gets excited.

I've got a sister-in-law who they call Mighty Mouse (she's tough as nails) .... but when she gets mad or excited her voice goes up a bunch of octaves .... and she sounds like a mouse.

It's pretty hard to take her seriously :rofl

I can't stand listen to Gretchen either. I can't believe she climbed up on that elephant. After noticing she didnt' have to be up there, she should have gotten her butt down and helped push the dang thing.

Guest XandraSkye
I know...I kept screaming at the TV, "Get out of the elephant! Get out of the elephant!"

:lol:I think that Meredith deserves a prize for having to listen to her voice all these years! lol! But, I do have alot of respect for the both of them for getting this far! I'm half their age, and I'm not sure I could do half the stuff they've done! Good for them! :clap

Guest Anonymous
It seems like she thought one person was suppose to get in that 'thingy'.

At one point she said it didn't look like they had to - and tried to get out.

There's no way she could have gotten down without help (and no one was helping her get out).  Once or twice I thought she was going to fall out because she was trying anyway.

Your right slow she did try to get out a few times, and she was told to get in the elephant because they thought the steering was in the elephant when they first started...I agree Slow she did yell out a few times so she could get out and no one helped her, so other than falling over the side and breaking her neck she was pretty much stuck up there.

Yes the voice is grating, but she really comes off as a lovely woman who loves life to the fullest, I adore them...not enough for them to win...but enough to see them come in 3rd...lol

Thanks for the voice of reason Nawlings! We often forget too that we only see what the producers want us to see on this show -- we only hear what they want us to hear. I really wonder why then tend to portray some people in a negative light and others as heros. But the fault really lies with us when we forget that its a tv show and that we're only seeing snippets of whats really happening in the race.

Not me -- I really think those two have suffered enough in this race.

Not as much as Gretchen has made us suffer!!

but she does have intellegence. :D

Well, she sure doesn't use it!! :lol:

While the oh mys get on my nerves at times, I do think Gretchen is a bright lady.  I just think she gets nervous and when she is nervous the thinking sometimes goes out the window.  I dont know many women who her age that would go down a cave etc let alone not be nervous about it.

She is a far cry from a little old lady, but she is up there in years and that isnt uncommon for people in that age group.  Its why you see older drivers clutching the wheel with white knuckles when the drive.

Not me -- I really think those two have suffered enough in this race.

Not as much as Gretchen has made us suffer!!

but she does have intellegence. :D

Well, she sure doesn't use it!! :lol:

Few do it seems.

I don't really care for Gretchen at all, but I do think Meridith is a pretty cool dude... Tough mf'er too!! I have respect for him... Old Gretch thinks that she is in charge but I think she would be lost without him!!

Guest Anonymous

Didn't you hear the fear in Merideth's voice as he called for help when she fell? I think he'd be lost without her too. Thats the real reason I adore these two. In a world where people go through partners like water -- its so refreshing to see a long lasting love. They may grate on each others nerves -- but they've loved each other long enough that they can't help but show it to anyone who sees them. Nothing fake, nothing put on. He loves her. She loves him. Simplicity is a wonderful thing.

Oh if we're going to talk voices I'm going to be in trouble.  There is a certain accent on that show that grates my nerves.

Since the cats seems to stick together, what accent could that be? Hmmm . . . (Could it possibly be Rob?)

In defense of poor Gretchen, you can hear the nervousness and panic in her voice. They are trying so hard to stay in the race against younger and more agile teams. I wonder how well Rob and Amber would fare if they were Gretchen and Meredith's age? :D

Guest cappy
Oh if we're going to talk voices I'm going to be in trouble.  There is a certain accent on that show that grates my nerves.

We all know who that is :roll: Im sure Rob and Amber would do a lot better than the younger teams if they were Meredith and Gretchens age.

Guest GaYToR

I'm taking a seat on the sofa next to Spooky on this one. The accent comment won my support. :twisted:

back to Gretchen. She never really bothered me until this last week. I was hoping she would have fallen off that elephant

Sorry didn't mean to get off Gretchen....you wish she would of fell off the elephant...thats' so mean...she's an old lady, she would of broke some bones.  You really wish she would just swallow some crazy glue don't ya...lol 33375627.CudChewingSmilie.gif

naw she's a tough old broad she survived the cave fall.. she would have been allright. It sure would have been funny to see her fall on the children :lol:

I'm all over Rob's accent, it's sexy as hell...

Although, if I have to listen to Gretchen whine anymore I might not be able to hear Rob's voice, or anyone elses for that matter.. I may PUNCTURE MY EAR DRUMS AND PRAY FOR BLESSED SILENCE.

Guest Anonymous

Gretchin's voice doesn't really bother me. If the worst I could say about her is that her voice annoys me, she'd still be okay. No, she won't win any voice awards, but I still haven't heard her "whining". What shall we pick up and complain about next?

Examples of butchering the language can be found in many comments. Understanding how the language is supposed to work clarifies the errors people make. Do I use this as a reason to dislike Rob, nopers -- but the point is it does annoy me. I said his accent bothers me -- I clarified that his misuse of the language bothers me more than his accent. Some people love it -- others don't. Some people don't think that the way any of the contestants speak is an issue.

My question was for Cappy. Perhaps when he next comes online he can give an answer. I'm not attacking his opinion -- merely wondering how he has come to that opinion. I may end up agreeing with him if his reasons make sense. I'm not at war with anyone.

Gretchen whines and does that make me hate her?  No, but I can still admit to the fact that she whines.

God, if Gretchen could hear you all now, she'd probably screech something like...MEREDITH THEY'RE IGNORING ME" :wink: