Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Meredith and Gretchen

Guest Anonymous

Well few of the groups ever run out of money altogether -- I'll bet they have what they need pretty fast as soon as they get some money.

Guest GaYToR

Welcome Jenny, nice to see a lurker turned poster. Enjoy!

I'm a bit slow this morning... ok, it's afternoon. and getting to be late afternoon, but I'm starting to catch up.

I just hope there wasn't anything they definitely needed in those bags.

I was wondering about things like medication, but if they had any I am sure thru the magic of editing that would be returned.

Guest cappy
I say the new twist is actually an advantage IMO. Think about it, the other racers have to carry around backpacks that look like it just adds another 10 lbs to them making it harder to run. But it would just be easier to run around with just the clothes your wearing, bellybags, and some passports. But it is a bit harsh that they lost everything they had excluding what they were wearing. They would be screwed if they went to a cold country.

Guest Anonymous

I am 100% positive that if they had meds -- they would be allowed to keep them. No one wants anyone to go off their meds! Snicker snicker.

Seriously though -- they can't keep them from the medications but if I'd be surprised that anyone in the race would have any.

The video clips on CBS website show Gretchen saying she would have been allowed to have tampons (but of course she doesn't need them) and that's it. But I agree, I'm sure they'd let someone keep their meds. I think it was Lynn she was talking to who said she should have taken some tampons and tried selling them on street corners for extra cash :lol:

I seem to recall the season before last when they went to Calgary at the last leg, the teams were provided with cold weather gear before they went up a snowy mountain, so perhaps they'd do that again?

And do you think the other non-elimination legs will have the same penalty of taking away all belongings? If so, I would think it will be much harder to bum stuff off of other teams as they get further into the race.

Guest Anonymous

I'd say they'd better treat them the same Twister. Picking on the old couple would not go off to well!

I can't see them coming to the Yukon or something and NOT being supplied with warm clothes -- the community would react in one heck of a hurry though...

I can't see them coming to the Yukon or something and NOT being supplied with warm clothes -- the community would react in one heck of a hurry though...

That's true. I'm not quite as far north as the Yukon, but I think us northerners are a hospitable lot. And I know for a fact that if any of them ever had car trouble up around where I live, everyone (and their dog) would stop to help. :lol:

Guest dk32657

Phewwwww I am glad to read here that they will receive some money for the next leg of the race, because they seem to be in the middle of nowhere...on beds in the open desert, so it would be hard to bum money off looky loo's when there probably aren't any around....:)

But they do have their vehicle that they did drive in with, to drive back out with. Wonder what happens if they are almost out of gas? Was there a gas station amongst them bushes?

Guest cappy
If they run out of gas or something, odds are theyll get another vehicle.

I thought the new twist could be an advantage too. Just like when a couple teams had to check their bags at the airport.

I think Phil did feel bad about doing that to them after her fall though. He seemed very happy to see them not eliminated.

It was nice of the other teams to help them out with clothes and money. It would be harder to be that generous to your competition.

Guest XandraSkye
And do you think the other non-elimination legs will have the same penalty of taking away all belongings?  If so, I would think it will be much harder to bum stuff off of other teams as they get further into the race.

I was wondering the same thing. Now, this is my first time watching TAR and from what I understand, there is around 3 non-elimination rounds per season. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this) So, if they do this to all the teams that come in last on the NE round, there are gonna be quite a few teams with nothing to their name. That seems awfully hard to me.

I believe we have alreay had one non-elimination. They were treated the regular way, being that they were only stripped of money. I am going to check, just to make sure I am not mixing episodes.

nope this was the first non-elim of the season

Guest Anonymous

Poor Gretchin -- the woman has guts but WOW she looks like she's been hit by a car! I'm amazed by her. I was so thrilled to see them get through this challenge tonight -- scared me when they missed the clue.

Meredith and Gretchen are like the Enegizer Bunny, they keep going and going and going. I really thought they were out when they forgot that clue. Then surprise they weren't. They're a spunky Couple and I hope they go far.

Guest Anonymous

I love these two -- they are just so alive. They don't give up, they don't expect anything -- they seem surprised to still be there. But the thing is they make very few mistakes. "We have to milk a goat -- ok lets milk a goat". No problem. Gutsy, generally cheerful and they just keep going and going and going.

I really don't care for M&G. I find the woman annoying. I hope they get eliminated soon.

Guest bobflow

Meredith/Gretchen are just so good to watch they have step in poop all the way when comes down luck. I predict in the next eppy it will be non-elimination week and guess who will come in last :) M/G :) Their the oldest and longest couple to make it this far. There is only 5 teams left.My opinion only, :arrow: like to see them win or at least in the last three :D

Only one non-elimination week has played still have two left unless Cbs is changing that. :!: :!: :!:

Guest dk32657

Meredith & Gretchen may have been fortunate to have luck on their side...but they are great to watch.

KUDO'S to them both....I have a lot of respect and admiration for the both of them.

Guest Anonymous
what was the applause for? Did the people think they were famous or something?

I have a feeling that it was partly that, but also reverance for the elderly ...

In India, celeberity is huge as is the other culturally.

I think its a respect we could use a lot more of in western cultures.

Guest GaYToR

I think the applause came more from the gathering crowds watching what was being filmed. Who knows if they even knew what Amazing Race was all about? They saw american camera crews and what anyone looking on but not knowing would think are actors filming a scene. When cameras panned upward to show the watching crowds they would naturally applaud and wave, wanting to be "on film" also.

Since Merideth and Gretchen were the last to leave that area, I think they were just applauding and carrying on, knowing "that was a wrap" for that segment.

I was hoping they would be last this leg... Gretchen is a useless loudmouth... I hope Merideth loses it on her already!! SHUT UP WOMAN!!

I really don't like this team. I did when they first started ,but she whines way to much.First they had a bad elephant and then a bad camel. Can you blame anyone else.

what i found interesting is that Gretchen at one point realized she shouldnt have been IN the elephant---i wonder why she didnt climb down and start to push????? :?:

King and Ernie .... that may be a lot in the editing.

I, for one, think they've kept up pretty good with teams that are probably the age of their grandchildren.

Lynn's done just as much p_ssing and moaning.... on the clips we've been shown .. but, just not in a female voice.

I give them 'props'..... oooops... wrong show :roll: