Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Meredith and Gretchen

Guest Anonymous
The only thing I'm going to say is this : the one thing you don't see a lot of in any couple be it on TAR or any other tv show is a truly loving couple. My favourites may be older (okay so I've given it away) but they did the near impossible in this last round -- going from last with nothing but the clothes on their backs to coming far from last. The sound of utter terror in Merediths voice when Gretchen was hurt was so touching -- the way they boost each other along - the way they show their love without tearing into anyone else. And Gretchen had just been hurt quite badly yet still she asked Meredith to go after the clue -- and then offered to do the shopping when she looked like she shouldn't be doing anything more than sleeping and resting. I am no where near her age (yet) but I can't help but truly admire a woman of such strength and a man who loves as dearly as Meredith does.

I hope they go a lot farther and perhaps even win.

I get annoyed to all ends that people immediately right them off because they are older. It used to be -- and still is in most cultures -- a recognized fact that older people deserve respect and have a lot more to teach than the rest of us. The fact is that most people in their 30s could do as well as those two are.

i agree, I think i would of cried and needed about an hour to compose myself. Even if Gretch is a bit crazy when she is excited :lol: , they're my third favorite team.

Guest Anonymous

They are my first favorites unknown. Its my goal to be as spunky at their age.

I can only hope to be as strong as her when im that age. Im like half her age and like i said, i would of cried and asked for hug. :oops:

Guest cappy
And to think, theyre from good ole Maryland. And what a coincidence I know where Easton is. I could get their autographs for you spooky :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Cappy -- I'm not that kind of fan. I admire their loving goodness to each other above all. In a world where long term relationship means a max of 3 years -- its wonderful to see these two. I can only hope I find the same.

Guest dk32657

I am also rooting for Gretchen and Meredith...they totally surprised me the other night with nothing but the shirts on their backs...they didn't give up. She is a very strong lady, and I admire her courage and strength as well. Kudo's for them, and I hope they make it to the final 3.

Guest bobflow

Hi Tabitha I agree with you. I think their doing so good it's nice to see them in the Race. :)

I'm a fan of Gretchen and Meredith, too.  I admit I'm surprised that they're still in the race, but I'm rooting them on! 

I really missed a great episode.  :cry:

I feel so heartened here!  I thought I was alone in the wilderness liking these two.  Hurray for kind hearts and wise minds!

I felt like that, too, Spooky! I know G's a little quirky, but so was my Grandma. I guess that's why I like her. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Hey -- if you've got the guts at her age to head on an around-the-world race you're entitled to be quirky. And Meredith -- well face it -- he's an ideal partner. A real man -- inside where it counts.

This is one of my least favorite teams that are left in the fact that Gretchen's voice grates on my nerves. Merrideth looks and acts so henpecked and she treats him like a child. Yea I did feel a little bad when she ate it in the cave, but if either of them would have been using their noodles and got the clue in the first place, then it wouldn't have happened.

HIP HIP HURRAY RAY IS OUTTA THE RACE AND M&G ARE STILL IN IT!!!!!!! I absolutely detested the way Ray kept going on about not getting beat by the "old people". How disrespectful can you get? I'm glad M&G are still in the race and hope they go far. I'm not all that young myself (in my 40's) and I'm not sure I could have kept going after taking a fall like that. YOU GO GIRL!!!!

By the way, I was practically jumping up and down just because M&G got to the pit stop before Ray.

Guest RomberRoks

im a big fan of meridith and gretchen!!

Hello folks. Longtime lurker, first-time poster. I have a question regarding Meredith and Gretchen. When they came in last in the non-elimination round, Phil took their backpacks and all their money. When he explained about the "new rule," it sounded to me like M&G won't be getting their backpacks back at all for the rest of the race....but I'm not clear on this. Do you think they'll get them back at the beginning of the next leg? And what about money, will they get some at the beginning of the next leg? Again, it sounded to me like they won't, but I'm really not clear on this. I tried to find something about this on the CBS site, but failed. Can anyone clarify? I'm so confused, and too impatient to wait until next week to see what happens!

:D

Guest ranster627

They will get money at the start of the next leg as the last one was an elimination one ... as for the backpack ... I have no idea ... seems like it is gone for good ...

I don't think they will get their bags back...and when you think about it, it is a good thing. They won't have to lug them around..they can slow a person down ;)

And in the past the team who came in last during a Nne elim round did get money the next leg.

Thanks Ranster627. Personally, I think there might be a certain benefit to not having the backpack during the race....lightening the load will no doubt make it easier to get around fast. But on the other hand, they have nothing to help them at all. That's gotta be scary.

I just hope there wasn't anything they definitely needed in those bags.

Umm yeah...like warm clothes when they have to go to colder climates, and snack bars and such for when they can't stop to eat...yowza. Lots of important stuff missing there!

Let's hope they don't have problems getting those things that they really need.  But yikes -- a woman like Gretchin probably feels horrid without her bag.

Hee hee yeah! I love how she keeps telling Meredith to fix his hair as they're running toward the pit stop! :lol:

I thought I heard Phil tell them the backpacks were gone for the remainder of the race, so I don't think they'll be seeing them again either. Hopefully they receive enough money at the beginning of the next leg to at least purchase some essentials (deodorant, toothbrushes, etc.)

Guest ranster627

I think it's sweet! (the hair thing)

Guest cmteachermom

I thought that was an interesting new "twist" to coming in last on a non-elimination round. Personally speaking (jmho) I thought it was a abit harsh, but I guess that's part of being in TAR. :D

Welcome JennyO!

I agree cmteachermom! After all they've been through.

Man. :o

Thanks! Yes I agree it's harsh. Good thing they still get some cash, though. Still I wonder what they're going to do when they get to the really cold climates...Guess they'll have to cross that bridge when they come to it!