Sign in to follow this  
cbstk

New Survivor Preview - Week 12

I love it when the auction happens and families get to come to visit - this is always my favorite episode of the season!

All I can say is I dont like Bob Barker.. I just gave somebody the greatest gift in the world...

Sayyy whhaaaaatttt?

Jeff is just so darn cute. I can't wait for next episode.

Jeff Probst, YUM! :2thumbsup:

Glad to see you're back Shipp - but you've missed most of the "Wet Jeff" commentary from his Blog thread :animated_rotfl:

Hi Sono, can you see the devil in that ducks eyes? Plotting Survivor tactics and catching Jeff as the prize? Tho it's been so long, but they tell me it's like riding a bicycle, tho I just keep falling over :faint:

I'm probably one of the very few who feel this way but I don't enjoy any of the rewards on any of the reality shows that involve "family moments". Seriously, do these husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, children etc not realize when they agree to LEAVE their families for any length of time that they are going to miss them? Then we get the heartwrenching tearful reunions that last for maybe 24 hrs at most and then a tearful heartwrenching goodbye. And then without question, the most heartbroken is the person who is voted off next. (This doesn't bode well for Taj I'm afraid.)

And the letters from home, arghhhhhh! They are always nice, uplifting letters of support (a good thing) met with sobs and tears and uncontrollable sputtering and blathering. Why not a big smile and a comment of affirmation that this was just the boost they need to kick butt the rest of the season?

^^^ I agree

They sign up for this. It just doesn't seem "normal" the extent of their emotions missing the family they have been away from for 3 or 4 weeks. This whole adventure is not a long one.

Don't like the sappy parts.

Plus they are only out there for like 30 days? right??

BB members are there for over 3 months, and they never see family members..

I think BB is tougher game if you ask me..

Plus they are only out there for like 30 days? right??

BB members are there for over 3 months, and they never see family members..

I think BB is tougher game if you ask me..

Survivor contestants are exposed to the elements, with very little food and still have to compete and strategize while the BB players are in an air conditioned house and all the comforts of home, i.e., showers, clean clothes, food. Big difference. They should be able to make it longer. Of course, both get homesick for their families but Survivor is much harder, I would think.

I think the family visits are a good moral booster... It's something to give them a little push to work harder... JMHO though..