Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

Who's your favorite woman?

Susan always feels she needs a man in her life to be complete; Katherine earlier this season cried in Bree's kitchen because she couldn't find a man (I would have previously said her, since she seemed a strong character, but TPTB have altered her this season :/); Bree is sometimes so stuck in the mindset of traditional family values that she lets the men in her life take control over it, such as buckling to Alex's request to be able to criticise her, and for a while allowing Orson to shut down her business to please him; Edie's also shown as someone flawed and unhappy because she doesn't have a man in her life, like her clinging onto Carlos in season 3/4...

s, who's your favorite female character out of the five main women and why?

Lynette. It's really close between her and Gaby, but Gaby is too materialistic and vindictive at times. Lynette seems the most clear-headed. The others do things I really disagree with, especially recently. Whose yours?

Lynette. It's really close between her and Gaby, but Gaby is too materialistic and vindictive at times. Lynette seems the most clear-headed.

I agree !!

Susan always feels she needs a man in her life to be complete; Katherine earlier this season cried in Bree's kitchen because she couldn't find a man (I would have previously said her, since she seemed a strong character, but TPTB have altered her this season :/); Bree is sometimes so stuck in the mindset of traditional family values that she lets the men in her life take control over it, such as buckling to Alex's request to be able to criticise her, and for a while allowing Orson to shut down her business to please him; Edie's also shown as someone flawed and unhappy because she doesn't have a man in her life, like her clinging onto Carlos in season 3/4...

s, who's your favorite female character out of the five main women and why?

Susan think right that we need companion and its not easy to be alone. Lynette. It's really close between her and Gaby, but Gaby is too materialistic and vindictive at times. Lynette seems the most clear-headed. Its truly true...

cataract surgery

my favorite is Lynette too but that's mostly because I love Felicity Huffman!  When I first started watching this series, I was surprised that she was the mom with a house full of kids.  She usually plays strong, professional women.  For instance when she was on Sports Night (a few years back) she played the executive producer of a cable sports show.  If you ever get a chance, watch it!  It is an amazingly good series even though it only lasted 2 yrs.  Anyway, back to Desperate Housewives, over time she did seem like a good fit in that role.  I like Gaby too.  yes, she's materialistic & too self centered but that seems reasonable since she used to be a fashion model.  

For the first 5 seasons, I watched DH as broadcast.  But after ABC cancelled 2 soaps, All My Children & One Life to Live, I was so mad I didn't watch anything on ABC for awhile!  Then I noticed that Hulu has those episodes so I binge watched the rest.  (Btw, Tuc Watkins who played Bob on DH was also on One Life to Live.  He was one of my favorites on that show too.)

I really have a problem with Susan.  She began to annoy me with her meddling!  yes, she & Edie always seemed to need a man around but to me, it was easier to relate to Edie since she had an independent spirit.  I don't think Susan could live without a man if her life depended on it! 

I was shocked that Mike was killed!  He was a good guy & a great character!  But I was even more shocked that Susan didn't react more strongly to his death.  I mean this was the man that many of us believed was like a soul mate to her.  yes, she seemed sad but I never saw the kind of intensity of grief that I thought his character deserved!  In one interview James Denton (Mike) said Teri was good in the comedy scenes & he's right about that.  Maybe drama just isn't her thing.  I just thought her lack of reaction was inappropriate considering that Mike was supposed to be one of the great loves of her life!

Basically, I liked Susan Delfino. But her constant failures a little annoyed me. But then I began to impress Gabriel Solis. I can not say that her image is full of good, but I liked her insouciance. And she's pretty!

On 25.02.2017 at 11:49 AM, subana said:

my favorite is Lynette too but that's mostly because I love Felicity Huffman!  When I first started watching this series, I was surprised that she was the mom with a house full of kids.  She usually plays strong, professional women.  For instance when she was on Sports Night (a few years back) she played the executive producer of a cable sports show.  If you ever get a chance, watch it!  It is an amazingly good series even though it only lasted 2 yrs.  Anyway, back to Desperate Housewives, over time she did seem like a good fit in that role.  I like Gaby too.  yes, she's materialistic & too self centered but that seems reasonable since she used to be a fashion model.  

For the first 5 seasons, I watched DH as broadcast.  But after ABC cancelled 2 soaps, All My Children & One Life to Live, I was so mad I didn't watch anything on ABC for awhile!  Then I noticed that Hulu has those episodes so I binge watched the rest.  (Btw, Tuc Watkins who played Bob on DH was also on One Life to Live.  He was one of my favorites on that show too.)

I really have a problem with Susan.  She began to annoy me with her meddling!  yes, she & Edie always seemed to need a man around but to me, it was easier to relate to Edie since she had an independent spirit.  I don't think Susan could live without a man if her life depended on it! 

I was shocked that Mike was killed!  He was a good guy & a great character!  But I was even more shocked that Susan didn't react more strongly to his death.  I mean this was the man that many of us believed was like a soul mate to her.  yes, she seemed sad but I never saw the kind of intensity of grief that I thought his character deserved!  In one interview James Denton (Mike) said Teri was good in the comedy scenes & he's right about that.  Maybe drama just isn't her thing.  I just thought her lack of reaction was inappropriate considering that Mike was supposed to be one of the great loves of her life!

Yes, I agree with you. Linet is good in its own way! She is a strong and confident woman. I do not know why, but I'm impressed with the image of the younger woman. My girlfriend works as a writer for Essayshark company, and her students have ordered to write an essay on the topic "Portrait of a strong woman". So, I think that Linet example for this.