Sign in to follow this  
chatterbox

Helpful Competitors

Guest ranster627

I too am curious about the game rules ... if anyone could find them, please feel free to post them!

I found this on the CBS web site..maybe you can only not accept help w/ a detour..beats me though..

"Uchenna tried to help them, but Gretchen, while thankful, shrugged him off because they couldn

Guest XandraSkye

Maybe they are allowed to help each other except when the task specifically says "No help is allowed from other team members"? That would make sense to me.

:rofl @ "decent" too.

Guest QW
this particular detour said 'no help by anyone', so it must be task specific

thanks dglow for letting everyone know that romber isn't the only team to get help!! maybe that will make them realize that romber isn't cheating!!

What is the Amaing Race all about?

It's about couples touring the world in a blitz fashion, learning about tradtions and interacting with the locals, for a chance to win $1,000,000.00

These people are using their wits and anything they can to win. Including asking the locals for help.

Just wait till next year... There will either be a rule change, (where they can't have a "tour guide" (which i doubt.. that quashes the mingling with natives).. or every single team will spend all their time LOOKING for a tour guide....

It will be funny.

Merideth gave Ron some cash out of his pocket last night as well... it was a TASK that said specifically, you cannot get assistance.

Absolutely Burnt!! I definitely think that in one way or another Romber and much more specifically Rob..has changed the RACE forever!

Or depending on how you look at it, ruined it. If everyone adopts that strategy, the race is no longer at it started out to be. That being the case, why don't they just drop it.

So Diva does change = bad? I mean it would get old seeing the same thing over and over again wouldn't it? They need to spice things up... that's what they try to do w/ BB and Survivor..throw twists etc.. otherwise it becomes completely predictable

Anyone remember FERN? She guided a homosexual team around a whole leg. I think it was Team Cha Cha?

Also 2 seasons ago remember the girls who lost the race in the hay stacks? Some man gave them his son to guide them for a leg.

Or depending on how you look at it, ruined it.  If everyone adopts that strategy, the race is no longer at it started out to be.  That being the case, why don't they just drop it.

Then why continue watching? I understand that if you don't like Rob and Amber, it maybe disappointing that they continue to do so well. But if I felt that strongly, I don't think I would contiune watching and wasting my time!

OH my god how funny! Its my OPINION people, why on earth make it out to be another Rob and Amber issue. What I intended to point out was that if they contiinue to tout that show as " 11 teams of 2 set out on a race around thr world" or "x-number of family teams" , then thats what it is, not "11 teams of two find tour guides around the world" if everyone gets a guide, there goes the race, it isnt a matter of figuring things out and finding ones way, its simply a matter of speed, there is no quest, no scavenger hunt, no challenge. It doesnt make anyone any more or less strategically superior, it simply becomes a foot race. AR has been very good about "spicing" it up or changing things so that it doesn't get stagnant. The Yield, the non-elim penalties of losing everything but the clothes on their backs, limiting the number of roadblocks any team member can do. They have continually added to the complications they can throw in the way. But hey, if you like the way Romber has been a wussy **** team taking the easy way out and see that as being wise, strong and skilled, thats your opinion. Not everyone admires integrity.

yes you did and in quite a friendly manner I might add... I think that if Romber was not on TAR this season, the Racers would still be utilizing help from locals.. That situation has been increasing each season

Ok I think this is all how you look at it... I mean they have not had the same guide the whole way through so that still makes them a team of 2...

I have seen other people ask for help from people and just because they dont ask them to show them (like some other teams do) does it make them a theam of three then?

Romber is a team of more than just three, IMHO the network is behind them!

Couldn't have said it better myself. :clap

Anyway, I give up about these two, I have wasted valuable typing energy and time (except for the fact that I get a kick out of reading everyones opinions) if they win, oh well, if they lose, yipppeeeeee, either way, I don't get a darn thing (except a fun time on these message boards).

Guest cappy
What is the Amaing Race all about?

It's about couples touring the world in a blitz fashion, learning about tradtions and interacting with the locals, for a chance to win $1,000,000.00

These people are using their wits and anything they can to win. Including asking the locals for help.

Just wait till next year... There will either be a rule change, (where they can't have a "tour guide" (which i doubt.. that quashes the mingling with natives).. or every single team will spend all their time LOOKING for a tour guide....

It will be funny.

I highly doubt it. If so, Phils not ever going to see any of the 11 teams again. Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing some of this seasons teams lost somewhere.

Whatever the rules are, clearly the contestants know what they are, whether we know them or not and they are the same rules for every team. When M&G didnt get the clue at the cave and U&J didnt pull the post from the ground, they had to go back and do the task as stated. I think they should have someone there to stop them at any leg they didnt do right (I think it would have been unfair if say the pole thing happened at the beginning and they are told about it when they are a 5 hour plane ride away)

So if the rules prohibited Romber from using local help, the producers would have put a stop to it right away. They would have been DQed.

I have read elsewhere that Uchenna said in Insider Video that it was his Idea to bribe the bus Driver. Even if it wasn't he went along with it. and Gave Rob the money to do so

Yes I remember that incident on the bus but wasn't there another instance where Rob and Amber were the only ones on the bus and paid the bus driver not to let the other teams ON the bus? It was fairly early in the game. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd one. Help me out here somebody.

no rob and ambers cheating is not getting or sometimes grabbing individuals to help but rather

stealing someone elses cab

paying a driver to not open the door on the bus

telling a local man not to divulge any information to the other teams --that was what really started everyone hating them--

telling people to withhold the internet service/or giving alternate flight information

but apparently what ever they do must not be in the rule book or i am sure they would have been disqualified.

i still dont like em but they have used and abused everything legally they can.

he is just a hoodlum

GO U.J

Interesting point re: the 5 hr plane ride Lauren. I wonder if that would be one of those instances where they are penalized a set amount of time once they reach the mat. I know they've done that before for one reason or another.

i still dont like em but they have used and abused everything legally they can.

Maybe Im just being naive but how? I havent seen Romber abuse anything.

calling the other teams stupid and the blind leading the blind

stealing other peoples transportation

trying to force their way into another teams cab

even trying to throw the other teams off by saying they had gotten an earlier flight and they hadnt ---and it bit him in the butt!

i would hate to play any type of game with this guy as i am sure when he was a kid when he would be losing he would make up rules or fip out when he lost!

shall i go on?

but romber did get help from a local on their detour--having to find sherlock in the end.

how come they were able to get help for their detour but the others were not.

also someone stated in another thread that no one in europe know who they are----WRONG---- they are all over magazines etc. People know who they are! Remember when they were in one store and they picked up a magazine with them on the front cover!