Sign in to follow this  
chatterbox

Helpful Competitors

The rules don't say they can't ask for help, and there is NOTHING stopping the other people from asking as well.

As for the "team of 3".. I have read elsewhere on Morty's that neither Amazing Race or Survivor AIR in the UK. SO it's unlikely that they are being helped due to their faces...

remember.. ALL the teams are traveling with a camera man...and there are people who will do anything for that "chance at fame".

Neither did Rob and Amber.... they are asking the right questions... not only are the asking how do we get there, but they are also asking can you come with us.... nothing in the rules says they can't.... You may remember that Lynn and Alex also adopted a friend on one leg of the race, and Ron and Kelly have actually worked with Rob and Amber when they were in India (remember Sanjay?)

People may recognize them, but there is also a lot of anomosity around the world for Americans. People could just as easily say no!

I especially liked when Rob remarked that the British guy, Stewart, "was pumped to be with them". How conceited is that?

I'm surprised Rob's head fits in the cab. :roll:

Oh and I absolutely heard Rob "butcher" the word dervish. Now even though that is a Turkish word, it was still butchered. :rofl

i want you to point me out to where theres a rule that says you cant get help from the locals. i guarantee if you could do it you would 2!!!!!!!

The rules don't say they can't ask for help, and there is NOTHING stopping the other people from asking as well.

As for the "team of 3".. I have read elsewhere on Morty's that neither Amazing Race or Survivor AIR in the UK. SO it's unlikely that they  are being helped due to their faces... 

remember.. ALL the teams are traveling with a camera man...and there are people who will do anything for that "chance at fame".

No one is understanding meeeeeee!!!! Its not asking for help. But why have they been they only ones who have been taken directly to certain destinations. As for AIRING elsewhere, I remember a lady, maybe in Africa, at a bazzaar recognizing them. I receive lots of magazines from the UK, and they have been in those magazines. And also the bridal magazines from there have whats-her-face one them. I know am bi$ching and whinning about those two (my husband has toned me out), but I just can't stand the way they are playing. So please bare with me. :oops::lol:

Every season people have gotten help from others in the countries they are in, maybe not as much as Rob and Amber this season, but hey if the other teams want to get help they can to, I remember a team from 2 seasons ago, I can't remember their names but they found a person in every foriegn country they went to and had them travel with them the entire leg.

I call it good strategy..it's a race so you need to use everything within the rules to your advantage, as long as no cheating is involved it's fine with me...

Cat I can see that people would find Rob a bit full of himself, but that's one of the things I like about him, he's arrogant and doesn't care what people think about him, but at the same time he really is a nice guy to most everyone he meets in the race, if you like him..you like him..and if you dislike him then that particular trait of his would make you dislike him all that much more..

I thought they seemed to have such a good time on this leg of the race, how cute was Amber with the hat and pipe...adorable...sorry, I just really enjoy watching ROMBER...they really are good TV...

Guest ranster627
How are we not understanding you. you said they were cheating they are not

Well, maybe not cheating, but certainly they have an advantage ...

They are making their own advantages, just like every other team could be doing as well...I can assure you if I was racing, I would be recruiting people all the time to be my human GPS...lol

It can't really be all that tough to recruit people to help after all you have a TV camera falling you. I know not all of the world are media whores but there has to be a few in most countries ;)

Oh yes for sure...people love to be in front of the cameras...and as for ROMBER and all the help, it could be just as easy for someone who recognizes them to not help..for instance, if Cat and Suds ran into ROMBER they might possibly lead them in the wrong direction to make them lose...so the recognition could work against them as well... :lol:

Each person's idea of good TV is arbitrary. I prefer players who accomplish the tasks themselves. Using your wits and intelligence to gain an advantage over the other teams is acceptable but paying bus drivers to lock doors to keep the other teams out is not my idea of a team I want to see win the competition.

Rob is only "nice" when he's in the lead or wants something. When he viewed the muslim dancers, he remarked that they looked dead while everyone else was affected by the beauty in the dance. He comes across as a coarse and unfeeling. Maybe his sarcasm and obnoxiousness is what everyone finds so appealing.

I would much rather see a team like Uchenna and Joyce win. They have character and are a very deserving couple.

For Rob to discover character, he would have to look it up in the dictionary and then have Amber explain it to him. :twisted:

NEWS FLASH It was Uchenna's idea to pay the bus driver to lock the doors!! :lol:

And the people did look dead.

No matter what we will never hear Phil say "I am sorry Rob and Amber you have been eleminated from the race"

Don't get upset with Rob for enlisting the help of locals. Applaud Rob for using his charm and "street smarts" to navigate the course.

I hail from NYC and I totally get Rob's game. To me.... he's brilliant!

Go ROMBER!!!!!

Guest gailybb

I totally agree with Boriqua & Proud. It's one thing to ask for help as most teams have done, but to have a team have someone go with them all the way on a leg of the race, give them the answers that mostly locals would only know about, is not playing the game the way it was intended. I enjoy the show but I don't want to start watching the next few seasons with teams getting locals to do the work for them. That would get old. I think Rob and Amber are more known around the world then some people think. So needless to say maybe if they win they will go back and pay everyone that did a leg of the race with them. Asking the ticket people to not let someone else use the internet is not playing smart, that's playing dirty...but getting away with an earlier flight is smart. There's a difference.

OH good God..... this is a race for a million dollars! 

Again... I applaud  Rob for using his street smarts and outwitting all the rest.

AGREED!!

Guest Anonymous

As for the "team of 3".. I have read elsewhere on Morty's that neither Amazing Race or Survivor AIR in the UK. SO it's unlikely that they  are being helped due to their faces... 

Burnt...You are correct.

Amazing Race is NOT shown in England! (Bloody shame) :cry:

I'm telling you, the folks there have NO idea who Rob and Amber are. And good for them to get them help no matter where.

Survivor also is not aired there; UK has quite a few of their own reality shows; and their reality 'contestants' are treated just as much as stars and legends as Rob and Amber are in North America...!!

Guest cappy

Its not cheating. I acutally think that most teams wouldnt be able to find Phil on the mat. At one point, all the teams have to have somebody give them directions or take somebody along for the ride.

You know Romber would do it because their not about to go into a country they dont know anything about and try to find their way around it.

OH good God..... this is a race for a million dollars! 

Yes it is.. And its supposed to be a race with teams of two, this year it has been teams of 2 and one team of millions. It hit me last night that I just have to accept that. CBS made a big mistake casting those two, hopefully they will make some adjustments to the rules after this.

U/J drew back and DID NOT help M/G because they clearly said they couldnt.

Teams cant help each other but one team can take a guided tour around the world?

Guest XandraSkye
you guys are all jealous of romber!  you can't handle that a team has figured out how to win in this race!  if it was your dear u/j who was doing this, you would all be applauding them on great strategy!  but since its romber, who people knew before and have preconceived notions about them and never gave them a chance!  now, i might be a bit biased, because they rule, but you need to give them credit where credit is due!  they have raced just as long as the other two teams, come in first 4 times...more than either of the others....and all i hear is how they cheated...how they're unfair.

Bravo! Bravo! Couldn't of said it better myself. The only difference between Rob & Amber and all the other teams who didn't ask locals to follow them around and help is Rob was smart enough to ask them and other teams weren't.

And like someone else said, IT'S A RACE TO WIN A $1,000,000. If I was 'playing a game' where the stakes were so high I would use the rules in every shape, way and form I could.

Why the persecution complex people? I can't get over this..

Share and share alike..ROMBER is kicking ass and you don't like it..sorry, but it doesn't change the fact that they're winning.

You can argue until you're all blue in the face..hmmm, there's a thought...and nothing will change. They have enlisted help..so have many other teams throughout the Race's history. So they do it all the time..I say WAY TO USE YOUR HEAD!!

Love them hate them..they're getting the job done.

I was a little confused last night when U/J couldn't help M/G. The whole world now knows that Rombidiots can get all the help they need to get to the pitstop. In the past teams have helped one and other. Chip helped with a labor intensive task when he was in the race. Teams have shared cabs. Decent teams stopped to see if the brothers needed help when they wrecked. Decent teams gave money to teams that lost it all. Has there been a new rule implemented that says this is no longer allowed? That would be pretty cool, the new rule: You can solicit a third member to your team from a group of adoring fans; but you can't help one of your own.