Sign in to follow this  
chatterbox

Helpful Competitors

It was interesting to hear that competitors Ron and Kelly and Uchenna and Joyce brought Meredith and Gretchen a care package after M/G were stripped of everything except the clothes on their backs. The care package included clothes and apparently some French Fries. It was also said that some of the other teams pitched in financially with what they felt they could spare.

Guest Anonymous

I quite agree that it was wonderful that they all did that. Save the one pair, there area lot of really good people on that show -- I also heard them applauding when Meredith and Gretchin finished last night.

Guest cappy
Who were the 4 that didnt? I know it was Rob/Amber, and Ray/Deana.

Guest Anonymous

I can't find the article. I can quote the one line that stuck in my brain though.... race etiquette dictates that you stop there. I think I'd like to simply delete the word 'race'. Etiquette dictates that you stop and help when someone is hurt.

Kudo's to those that stopped to help the brothers and those that at least stopped to ask if they were okay. Shame on you to the one's that didn't.

Guest RomberRoks

its a game guys i would have kept going..maybe i would win, i wouldnt have stopped either if i was romber theyve been treated poorly by everyone dont blame them they got what they deserved..LMAO

Remember what Mark Burnett said about his cameramen when the Survivor guy was burned by the fire? He said he would of fired them if they stopped filming.

Hello! Rob and Amber know the drill... they know CBS has the crisis under control. Remember... you can't see what's going on outside of the camera box. I'm sure there was plenty of help provided for the brothers.

Rob and Amber did the right thing. Jerry Bruckheimer would have fired these 2 if they became pansies. Rob and Amber: you are the excitement, controversy and crowd pleasers this season.

I say HELL YEAH!!!

Guest cappy
Hello!  Rob and Amber know the drill... they know CBS has the crisis under control.    Remember... you can't see what's going on outside of the camera box.  I'm sure there was plenty of help provided for the brothers.

Thats what the others arent understanding. Im sure they mightve thought about stopping but knew a medical team would be there soon.

I wouldn't have expected them to stop.  As you say, Cappy, there was nothing they could do.  But they could have asked, couldn't they?  It wouldn't have hurt their game would it?

It hurt Ray and Dean's game they lost by seconds..just think of the time they could have saved if they had not slowed down. Just a thought :)

Maybe Nebarist.  But I'm not sure.  Part of it I think was that they didn't seem to have a very good symbiosis when it came to grinding the corn.

IT doesn't matter how they performed their task..without them slowing down they could have finished that much earlier. JMO

Guest Anonymous

Well all I can say is this - perhaps it helped their game not to stop - but it didn't exactly help their image did it? I've read across the web where even the fans of Rob and Amber are saying they are disappointed. I think they may have to redeem themselves a bit somewhere along the line. It was good of Amber to be so warm to their assisting friend.

I'm sorry but I'm slow...tell me why asking someone if they need help.... after 1,000 other people asked them why... that would make ROMBER okay...

Guest Summer

Rob and Ambert knew they were already behind that if they would had stopped they would have a hard time catching up.

AND who knows, maybe the real reasons Romber didn't stop is perhaps they finally got their car in proper gear and were afraid that they wouldn't be able to find the right gear again if they had stopped and had to start picking up speed....;)

:lol: This is my favorite post on this thread! Thanks for the smile.

Why didn't Romber even bother to slow down when the other teams did?

Simple human decency, they have none!

It wouldn't have hurt them to slow down, roll down the window and at least get waved off like the rest of the teams. But no, Rob had to tack on that smarmy grin of his that people seem to find endearing and brag that "he ain't stoppin". His share of Amber's million bucks from the last show hasn't bought him an ounce of class.

Why didn't Romber even bother to slow down when the other teams did?

Simple human decency, they have none!

His share of  Amber's million bucks from the last show hasn't bought him an ounce of class.

exactly!!!

Guest XandraSkye
Since it's quite obvious that the other teams have it in for Rob and Amber (which I believe the other teams started) then I can't blame his attitude at all. Do you think Lynn and Alex would of stopped for Rob & Amber? I highly doubt it.

I am really pissed, this game is of a team of two, not three. How can anyone say it is fair (i know it sounds childish) that Ron and Amber are winning fair and square, when they have had people hold their friggin hands and take them to their destination, am sorry, this is not a fair game. :evil:

I bet if their faces weren't know, they would not have been helped so easily.

Should they win this, they don't deserve it. They will never know if they would have won or not if they had played like everyone else. :evil::evil:

Well someone that finally agrees with me.

I've been watching and thinking how unfair it is that they enlist people to guide them through the race by finding the local landmarks, plus helping with the clues. The other teams are using their own brain power.

Maybe they will go too far and be eliminated for cheating?

One could only hope!

AMBOB RULZ!!!!!!

Of course they rule, anyone can rule if they are gettin help. Can call me a hater and whatnot, but they don't deserve it. They have "lack of character" just like Ron said.

They are not the first team to get help from locals

I don't remember another team having their hands held through most of the race. There is a difference between asking for directions and asking to be physcally(SP?) taken. Please let me know which team had as much help as Amboob. :P