thank you, thank you, thank you!

alibrett

I just want to say, thank you!! To all the posters out there and all the mods! This is great and one of the most interesting BBs in history (IMO). I am so enjoying this season and the new set up for Morty's! THANKS! You guys ROCK!!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to personally thank jem and ranster, our Mods for making this a great Big Brother year at Morty's. The Mods are the ones behind the scenes that keep us all on track and keep the boards oiled and running smoothly.

They are volunteers and do this in addition to their normal daily duties in their personal lives. I sometimes forget that ranster and jem DO have other lives other than Mortys! Jem has a wonderful husband and daughter that share her wilth us, and Randy has a column he writes and is a very busy activist with a full agendy.

The hours they both spend ensuring the updates are written and posted are a full time time job. Their duties are not just Big Brother, they keep the entire Message Board running and organized. Imagine the chaos if they both called in sick and didn't show up one day.

The next time you see jem and ranster, give em a high five and a thank you. They deserve it!

Salter-Path

Standing Ovation.....cheers from the crowd...and they are all screaming Jemster.........Jemster..........Jemster.............they are are the new hot combo of Jem and Ranster...I give you Jemster....the crowds are rushing the boards...oh no...but they have it under control, with a simple click of the mouse and a few clicks of the keyboard order is restored and the crowd simply stands in awe staring at the two who make things run so smoothly...one would say they are non-human because they surely have no time for sleep...others would say they are just dedicated...hey I'll join that group and also say Thank You to Jemster....lol....

Chapter 2 coming soon to a message board near you.....run..quick..

huff, puff, pant, pant, gasp....... am I too late ?

Thanks Jemster !

and of course a Thank You to all the Special Threads writers, BB live up-date and live feed reporters.

Clapping smilies to ALL !

I have them enabled in my profile, but I notice when I use them, I only see the code version of the smiley, not the smiley picture itself. Also when I read other's posts, the smileys they've added show up to me as the code version.

Any suggestions?

I just want to say,  thank you!!  To all the posters out there and all the mods!  This is great and one of the most interesting BBs in history (IMO).  I am so enjoying this season and the new set up for Morty's!  THANKS!  You guys ROCK!!!

Yeah, I gotta say, I make the rounds on BB sites and this is by far THE best one on the web...hands down. :D

Also the avatars could be turned off if things really get conjested....I would be lost then as I tend to identify ppl by their avatar first and then names...lol...it takes me a while to adjust when someone changes it. I do love seeing the avatars and how alot of them are so much like the personalities of the posters.

See you in chat.

does anybody else get this all the time on this site:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I can understand getting that right after a show or after veto comps, but im getting it all the time. i may have to give my business to say, jokersupdates or bbchatter. its driving me crazy!!!

Guest wolf530
but shouldnt a website be made to hold tons of ppl?

Doesn't have anything to do with that. It's a function of mySQL, the backend of the boards. There can only be so many connections to the database. If there are a TON of people on at one time, it's going to get overloaded.

If you think Morty doesn't have enough bandwidth then I am sure he would gladly take donations... After all he is paying for this site out of his pocket... Don't be ungrateful just cough up some money for him to add more and then you won't have to worry about the error...

If you think Morty doesn't have enough bandwidth then I am sure he would gladly take donations... After all he is paying for this site out of his pocket... Don't be ungrateful just cough up some money for him to add more and then you won't have to worry about the error...

well put Yana, I couldnt have said it better myself.

Guest MickeysMom

well put Yana, I couldnt have said it better myself.

Exactly!!!

I have had the same thing happen to me. I just wait a few minutes and I can get in. A little patience is a small price to pay for excellent information....don't you agree?

but shouldnt a website be made to hold tons of ppl?

Tillgurl.... as I'm typing this.... on the bottom of the opening page of the Messege boards... it tells how many people are on.

This is what it's saying at the moment :

"In total there are 476 users online :: 82 Registered, 0 Hidden and 394 Guests"

So, yes, a lot of people are clicking and refreshing at the same time....

Result - - - Critical Error - - - every once in awhile.

Kinda when they jam the phone lines for American Idol :wink:

Hello fellow posters!

As much as I love "my" Sawyer. I've deleted my avatar in hopes that others will join me. If enough of us do this then we wouldn't have such lag and/or get booted as often.

Don't feel obligated but, if it's something you're up to... that would be great. Just go to your profile to delete your image... thanks!

cecimom

I finally found one that really, really describes me well and then I read this! So, I did it, for Morty's!! Thanks for the heads up on this, now we just have to get others to follow suit!!

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name