Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Episodes 5.18: Stand By Me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,838 posts
There are currently no spoilers for this episode, please check back later.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,838 posts
Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episodes 5.18: Stand By Me

Airdate: March 19, 2009

• 03/06 - After his fellow surgeons try and fail to bring Derek back to work, Meredith must summon the strength to convince him. Meanwhile the hospital is abuzz as Mark attempts a rare face transplant surgery, Cristina, at last awarded her first solo surgery, is more focused on the needs of her friends, and Izzie does her best to keep her medical condition a secret. Guest starring Larry Sullivan as Dave, Emily Kuroda as Kendall and Brandon Scott as Intern Ryan. Source: ABC

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,838 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW RECAPS

Grey's Anatomy Episode Recap: "Stand By Me"

Mar 20, 2009 09:38 AM ET by Erin Lulevitch

While Derek hides in the woods to battle his inner demons, Mark leads a face transplant surgery and Izzie struggles to decide if she'll seek treatment in the ultimate fight for her life.

Seattle Grace has certainly become more complicated lately. In a surprising move last week, Izzie opted to tell one person about her cancer diagnosis, and it wasn't her new boyfriend, Alex, or her best friend, George. Instead, Izzie chose to tell Cristina, the one person we've been led to assume likes her least. So, why Cristina? Perhaps because Izzie knew Cristina is a fighter and a perfectionist in the OR, so who better to have in your corner from the outset? And Cristina really answered the call by helping arrange special referrals to help get Izzie the best medical assistance available.

Unfortunately, Izzie spent a good part of this episode resisting Cristina's help, but one could argue that Dave Young (Larry Sullivan), aka "Blow-hole," helped Izzie see the importance of letting her friends help her in her time of need. So for now, it looks like Izzie is on board with a treatment plan. If only they could find a highly gifted neurosurgeon to help out...

Speaking of Derek, McScruffy has been passing time in the woods contemplating his future and questioning his choice to be a doctor. All the while, Bailey has been sending out a rescue team in the form of Torres and Hunt in the hopes that someone might be able to lure Derek back to Seattle Grace. Her plan backfires though when both Torres and Hunt find themselves commiserating with Derek and all three of them spend the afternoon outside of his trailer drinking beer. The party comes to an abrupt halt, though, when the Chief finally pulls up and decides to set everyone straight.

Meanwhile, back at the hospital, Mark is heading up a landmark face transplant surgery and Lexie is by his side and helping out every step of the way. In fact, Lexie is around so much that the other interns start suggesting that she's using Mark to get ahead. So, I have to admit, I was pretty surprised when Lexie grabbed Mark at the end of this episode and embraced him in a kiss where everyone could see.

In other news, it appears as though some of the other interns are having romance issues of their own, which basically equates to a strange love triangle. Try as she might to be like Bailey and reel them in, Meredith just doesn't seem to possess the same commanding tone that Bailey evokes so easily. Aside from that, I didn't enjoy this subplot much at all. As hard as I tried to follow Ryan's (Brandon Scott) summary on the ordeal, I failed to see any real chemistry between these characters. Will we continue to see this storyline develop, now that we know Megan is pregnant? Hopefully not. Sorry, Meg.

So, where does this leave us?

Izzie's secret is out and now everyone knows she has cancer. Derek is remorseful and is hoping that Meredith will forgive him for his outburst last week. Meanwhile, Mer seems willing to patch things up, as long as Derek comes back to Seattle Grace in an effort to help save Izzie.

Here's what remains to be seen: If Derek does return to Seattle Grace to operate on Izzie and she dies, this will surely be the end of Derek. However, if Derek operates and Izzie lives, does that mean Katherine Heigl will return next season?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users