Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

The Amazing Race 14

Bummer, Steve and Linda are gone. I was really starting to like those two!!

OH, and Amanda - of Amanda & Chris -- also dumb as a box of rocks. The blondes are certainly living up to the stereotypes this season.

Victoria rocked tonight, as did Margie. Although she should have listened to Luke - I am pretty sure the segways would have been faster for them.

Oh, I hate it that the ones that didn't borrow a cell phone and call ahead didn't get on the first plane (yes, I know it's their own fault but I still hate it). I want to see Mark & Mike stay in it, and this screwed them up big time! Margie and Luke were lucky it didn't bite them too.

I asked this in between seasons and didn't get a reply. Maybe folks weren't reading as much on the board when the show wasn't on. I'll try again.

Something that bothers me about the race is this:

The team that comes in first leaves exactly 12 hours later, the next team 12 hours after they came in, etc etc.

But, it seems that many of the teams all end up on the same plan (last night two planes close to each other in time) and the advantage of coming in first is lost very easily. In the big bicycle marathons the first place rider for the day rider starts the next day and then next rider starts after how many minutes he came in after that first rider. Don't know if what I'm saying makes sense, but it seems that on TAR they are almost starting a new race each week. Why don't they just let them all leave at the same time if they are all going to essentially catch the same plane.

My wife says that if they get one or two teams so far ahead they might end up being 2-3 days ahead of others and there would be no way any of the other teams would have a chance to win.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I honestly don't know. And the blondes are pretty bad this season. Holy. But so glad I was able to watch this and the oscars too!!

Ya know what annoys the crap out of me? Brunettes who dye their hair blonde and then make remarks about their being dumb due to being blonde.

Why is it the stupidest blonde is usually one who dyed her hair blonde to start with?

Take a look-see at those ugly ass roots and you'll notice that those 'stupid blondes' aren't even really blondes.

Good point Crusty!!

MRFFS - I don't really like that they all bunch up every week - especially bad the weeks they are flying. But, I can see that if they let it go week after week, it's likely one or two teams would get so far ahead that nobody could catch them and then people would say it's too boring! But I think they could find something in between. Give the teams that finish faster a little more of an advantage than they are getting now.

MRFFS - I don't really like that they all bunch up every week - especially bad the weeks they are flying. But, I can see that if they let it go week after week, it's likely one or two teams would get so far ahead that nobody could catch them and then people would say it's too boring! But I think they could find something in between. Give the teams that finish faster a little more of an advantage than they are getting now.

I agree - something should be done. The other thing they could consider on the short hops is let them take the train or fly, team choice. Sometimes the train in Europe is faster than the plane.

I asked this in between seasons and didn't get a reply. Maybe folks weren't reading as much on the board when the show wasn't on. I'll try again.

Something that bothers me about the race is this:

The team that comes in first leaves exactly 12 hours later, the next team 12 hours after they came in, etc etc.

But, it seems that many of the teams all end up on the same plan (last night two planes close to each other in time) and the advantage of coming in first is lost very easily. In the big bicycle marathons the first place rider for the day rider starts the next day and then next rider starts after how many minutes he came in after that first rider. Don't know if what I'm saying makes sense, but it seems that on TAR they are almost starting a new race each week. Why don't they just let them all leave at the same time if they are all going to essentially catch the same plane.

My wife says that if they get one or two teams so far ahead they might end up being 2-3 days ahead of others and there would be no way any of the other teams would have a chance to win.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Thanks!

They did it just to keep the teams closer for better TV... AR 1 there were days in between the first and last teams finishing...

To me every leg is a single race...

Yeah, it wouldnt be fun if they all there wasnt ever a chance for a team if they get too far behind.. I like the format now.

I'll remind you that you said that if you ever fuss about a team going from first to last for that reason. :animated_rotfl:

I don't think they should go back to letting teams get days ahead of others, but it would be nice if there were SOME advantage to finishing first or close to the top - especially when they are flying. I liked someone's idea of giving them a choice of plane or train and letting the chips fall where they may depending on what they choose.

well sometimes planes only go to a place like 2 times a week.. so that could be huge disadvantage.

I usually like it to...except when my fav team is in first and others catch up.

OOOOH airplane trouble for Tammy and Victor... sucks for them

Brad and Victoria may have screwed up... sometimes your better off staying with the pack

I think I'd be telling Victor to drop on his head at this point

She needs to tell him to STFU already! He's annoying as crap. Did you see the midget guy (mark or mike) do those parallel bars? He was motoring!!

OMG Victor, you are in the middle of nowhere..... NOT doing great as you proclaim

What a moron........ TURN AROUND you dumb*ss!!!

YAY for team # 1

Damnit, I was hoping that Brad and Victoria would catch them. I really like them and they totally held their own physically. Just a bad decision bit them. Victor is a sniveling puss! Tammy needs to grow a set and start being assertive with him. Stop acting like the submissive helpless little sister and be a woman!!

I had such hopes for them............

shakes head

Ok...now I can finally get in here and post. I missed the show on Sunday and just got around to watching it last night (crazy vacations messing with my shows!). Really good show but I was very sad to see Brad and Victoria gone...wish it had of been a non elimination leg as I would have liked to see them stick around much longer.

Victor needs a good swift kick in the behind. Grrrr....he was making me so mad and yet she was just letting him get his way. I just came back from a trip with my older sister and we comprimised on a lot of stuff but I am also the type of person to make sure my ideas and opinions are heard and taken seriously. I might be younger but that doesn't mean I am incapable of making any decisions. We had an amazing trip and had lots and lots of fun!!! Tammy just knew right away that they were going in the wrong direction yet she let her brother just keep going. I was also very perturbed when at the mat Phil asked Victor why he was upset and Victor, while sniffling, said he wasn't upset. WHAT?? It would have been really nice if he could have just owned up right then and there that he should have listened to his sister and that he was wrong...seriously...wouldn't have hurt him a bit. It bugs me when people can't own up to their mistakes and since we are all human we ALL make mistakes.

Also, I am really liking the red heads (I completely forgot their names) and their relationship with Luke and Margie!

OOOOOH, I saw a commercial for TAR during a CBS show tonight. They said something about a new twist, and showed a sign that said "Blind U-Turn". I do wonder what that means. Obviously we all know what a U-turn is, but what will make it blind?