Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Edie Britt is leaving the show

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,421 posts
After five seasons on Desperate Housewives, the saucy, sassy Edie Britt is leaving the show, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

"[Nicollette] had a great time on the show and is looking forward to her next project," a rep for Sheridan said in a statement. (Interestingly though, an ABC rep would only confirm, via email, that the character would be leaving the show. Semantics, a slip of the keyboard, mind games? We'll see.)

Though Edie has at times been the fifth wheel in the Housewives mix, with less screen time than the show's original four ladies, this season's central mystery involves Edie's mysterious new husband, Dave Williams (Neal McDonough), and his possibly sinister intentions for moving to Edie's idyllic neighborhood.

No word yet on how Edie will depart the show, but it should be noted that she has "left" the 'hood once before. At the end of Season 4, she moved to Boston, and was essentially gone from Wisteria Lane during the five-year time jump that took place between Seasons 4 and 5 before returning at the beginning of this season.

scifans

scifans

• Pip
  • 5 posts
The mayor was leaving like this way :

WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,317 posts
Nicollette didn't leave voluntarily. It came down between two characters and she was hatcheted. She wasn't happy about it but gracious. She said don't expect cameo's.

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
why couldnt it have been susan and mike that went sad.gif Last nite's episode just ticked me off more that they killed her off

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
I never liked her anyway.

Bobby

Bobby

• Pip
  • 17 posts
well, it's good for her to leave, not a big fan of her...

Bobby

Bobby

• Pip
  • 17 posts
I still think Edie deserved a better send off. But I did get mushy at the end, the voiceover got me. And I so knew they were going to spread the ashes all over WL 'cause... duh, it's the only appropriate place. Also, Edie should continue doing voiceovers, she's less cheesy than Mary Alice. However, I still feel like the death was nothing more than a ratings stunt, it did nothing for the plot. I don't care about their feelings toward Nicolette, she was one of the reasons I still enjoyed the show when everything else annoyed me and I do believe killing her off was something they'll regret pretty soon.

showfan

showfan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
dont care , I am not a fan of Edie Britt .

but Edie Britt is good in the show.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
I think evrything they are doing this season is terrible.First they make it so 5 yrs has past(didn't like that at all).Now they killed off Edie,I don't get why they had to kill her off.Guess they thought keeping her whacked out hubby on the show is better then having her.

Oleander

Oleander

• Pip
  • 312 posts
My guess is just that they could save money by not having her salary to pay. And without her, the murderous husband goes before next season, I'll bet.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
I just hope he doesn't take out Mike b4 he leaves.I also really want Susan and Mike together again,makes me mad that they seperated them.They had just gotten together just like most fans were waiting for then all the sudden this season starts and they are divorced...grr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users