Sign in to follow this  
sonoerin

Jeff's Probst - Season 18 Tocantins

Don't forget, he's hunted almost anything on Earth. He's probably eating anything that moves out there. In fact, they might want to do a daily head count on the Survivors.

Well I'm a little impatient this morning. Jeff's blog hasn't been posted yet, so I'm posting Dalton's recap just to provide something else to talk about, Dalton's love of Coach.

Courtesy of EW.com -

'Survivor: Tocantins' Recap: Learning to Love Coach

He's beyond bonkers, and perhaps the most maddening 'Survivor' contestant in history. But it's time to embrace the insanity.

By Dalton Ross

Dalton Ross is an Assistant Managing Editor at EW and would feel a whole lot better if you would stop looking at his picture.At the start of the season, I picked Brendan to win it all. He seemed like the guy with the brains, brawn, and social skills to go all the way. So, naturally, I rooted for him somewhat so I could look smarter than I actually am in predicting him to be victorious. Until about halfway through this episode, that is. And then I was done with him. Why, you ask? You know why! The crime in question

Finally! Courtesy of EW.com

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 9)

Apr 17, 2009, 08:36 AM | by Jeff Probst

jeffprobstl.jpg

Okay, truth test...you're starting to love Coach a little bit, right? If not, you are gonna hate this blog, because this blog is dedicated to Coach.

I've hosted Survivor for 18 seasons, and up until now there has only been one person I thought might be worthy of their own show and that was Boston Rob. That is, up until now.

I am seriously considering a show called The Dragon Slayer. It's about a guy who lives in a world that exists solely in his own mind, and thus is invisible to the outside world. While it is the year 2009, the Dragon Slayer dresses like he's just returned from one of those Renaissance fairs where he's just finished eating a turkey leg the size of a small dog. We'll simply follow his daily life, where every time he leaves his home offers the potential for a life changing, near-death, journey. Every episode concludes with his signature line:

Coach: "Hence my name, the dragon slayer."

Most shows suffer from running out of ideas. That will never happen on The Dragon Slayer, not with comments like this:

Coach: "I want you guys to know there are three people in the world that know this story."

Okay, that is a total lie. Coach told all of us producers this same story during casting and I've probably told three or four other people cause come on, it's a good story. They've told people, who've told other people, cause again, it really is a good story. I'd argue that after tonight's episode, seen in over a hundred countries, that Coach's story of being beaten by indigenous people in the Amazon will soon surpass Susan Boyle in popularity. Don't know who Susan Boyle is? Stop reading this blog and go to YouTube.

Back to my new show, The Dragon Slayer. Another reason Coach deserves his own show is because he has principal. For instance, in one episode, National Geographic wants to come along with Coach as he kayaks down the Amazon, but he says no.

Coach: "I'm doing this alone."

That is a true, Dragon Slayer. You do it not for the glory, but because it is there.

Say no to Nat Geo, but a resounding YES to Survivor. The man knows his demographic.

At this point in the pitch, I'm just gonna give you some topics for future episodes, snippets of dialogue you'll hear in the show:

EPISODE 4: FLY ME TO THE MOON... FOR FREE

Brendan: "How'd you afford a military chopper?"

Coach: "That I got for free."

Brendan: "How'd you do that?"

Coach: "I pulled some strings."

EPISODE 5

Ok...I am still laughing my butt off! Those two articles have to be the funniest things I have read in a long time!!

Coach, you may have defeated Brendan, but in my opinion you and the former Timbira tribe made a terrible decision tonight. Voting out Brendan made no sense at all. You should have taken out J.T.

Ha, ha, so true! And Jeff has now given me hope that JT will ultimately be the one who snags the Dragonslayer's crown. Can't wait.

Freakin' hilarious, both articles! Dimples comedic wit is starting to grow on me.

thank you thank you. two for the price of one. I always look forward to Jeff's blog, and the add-in today just added more amusement!

I look forward to Jeff's blog and Dalton's recap every week...... so funny.....

I still think Last season's was alot better... so far.. Nothing has beat All the blindsides, and Crystal yelling at the camera when she was evicting randy.. And when everybody was cracking up at randy when he got evicted... ha.. fake Idols. WOO.

I wouldn't watch Coach's show either. His charm, entertainment value, delusional genius-- whatever you call it, I'm not seeing it. I see delusional, but nothing or which I want to see or hear more . I don't even want to see him voted out -- I just want him to disappear. Go drink the Kool Aid-- I don't care Coach -- just go away.

Last season was way better IMO.

I loved last season more also, but really thought that after that, this one wouldn't be so great. I was expecting to be let down. After the last episode, I wasn't and was thrilled!

Say no to Nat Geo, but a resounding YES to Survivor. The man knows his demographic.

Whether serious or tongue in cheek, I'm thinking Coach and Jeff make a great team. I've loved watching coach from day one. He's unique entertainment and one of a kind. Clearly he doesn't amuse many of you. Well, you know my concern about that. Personally I want him to the end. Either Coach vs Tyson or Coach vs ( some dimwit he can abuse ) like Sierra. Would pay good money to hear his comments being stuck with a dull person. Coach is the only one in my not so humble opinion, that'll make watching this one to the end. Oh and, betcha Jeff also has two cute dimples on his lil butt too. hmmmm

Courtesy of EW.com

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Tocantins' (episode 10)

Apr 24, 2009, 07:58 AM | by Jeff Probst

jeffprobstblogl.jpg "Wet Jeff"

Hey all,

How good was that episode?! On a scale of 1-10, I'd love your feedback. I honestly think it's one of the best Survivor episodes ever, for the following reasons:

1. LOVED IT: The opening shot of Coach standing in the water doing his various poses

It seemed as though several Mortyites enjoyed Dalton's recap last week as well, so here it is:

Courtesy of EW.com

'Survivor: Tocantins' Recap: Payback is a Bitch

The cocky Tyson revels in making Sierra's life miserable, but who's laughing in the end?

By Dalton Ross

I want to be clear about two things. The first is this: I'm no Sierra fan. I respect the way she was voted out by her tribe 5 minutes into the show yet has managed to stick around, but every time I see her in this game, she is looking depressed or whining about something. I seriously cannot recall a player (outside of maybe G.C.) who just looked so consistently miserable. The second thing I'd like be clear about is that I'm no Tyson hater. Yes, he became waaaaaay too pleased with himself, which was a big time turn-off, and yes, he was unnecessarily rude to Sierra. But the guy was entertaining, played challenges hard, and strategized even harder. He may have turned you off with his antics and LOOK AT ME! personality, but he was just what you want in a Survivor contestant: a person who plays to win every single second and throws off some humorous sound bites along the way. So again, to recap: Don't love Sierra and don't hate Tyson.

Now that we've established that, I'd like to say this right here and right now: That was absolutely DELICIOUS!!! It was impossible not to eat up what went down at Tribal Council, because even though Sierra is a big time downer, there is an undeniable thrill in watching an underdog (with not one single alliance member left) who has just been repeatedly told off by a superior-sounding ringleader sit there and watch the cocky bastard get his hat handed to him. Tyson, remember when you wanted Sierra to admit how badass it was when you blindsided Brendan? Well this, my friend, was 10 times more badass. That's what happens when you act like God's gift to reality television. And make no mistake: This is not to give any props to Sierra, because she had nothing to do with Tyson's ouster. She looked even more shocked than he was by the vote. But we'll get more into all of that later. First, let's take it from the top.

The episode began with

Sigh....have I ever mentioned how much I love Jeff...sigh.... :smitten:

His blogs just kill me...his love of rain, a weather orgasm, an orgasm worthy of it's own blog...great stuff!!! lol

We're not sure... he mentions her in his blog from time to time.... not sure if it's his girlfriend, friend or just a voice in his head

He also keeps mentioning the fact that Sierra is going to marry or is dating a Survivor producer... I think it's might be one of three things...

1. He's got a Girlfriend named Serean, and Sierra is dating some random producer from the show...

2. Serena is really Sierra, and he's dating her...

or

3. He playing mind games with us all...

He was mentioning Serena during last seasons blog though... so unless he was dating Sierra then, that is unlikely

I just wish we knew LOL

I don't remember reading about her then LOL... Not surprising though...