jerry bb10 news

uvp

its been confirmed from a blogtalkradio chat that jerry has been diagnosed with throat cancer and

has started chemotherapy. His wife has been placed in a nursing home .

i got news just today and like many we are all hoping and wishing him the best.

Yes Erin I agree, while he could be a bit crass on the show, I will be praying for him and his family... I really feel bad for him having to be on chemo... Having had to just watch my husband go through it, I know how hard it is on everyone around him, and it's really really hard on the person going through it... Larry has been off chemo since November 11 and still having issues with a fungal infection in his mouth caused but the chemo and he still is very weak sometimes... Bless Jerry and all his family...

Wasn't a fan, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I wonder if that is why his voice was so raspy when he was on BB. Sucks that his wife is in a nursing home too.

You know I told my mother the same thing today... I told her his voice was really scratchy and I thought it might have something to do with the cancer... Too bad about his wife too...

• 2 weeks later...

He didn't smoke in the house, but that doesn't mean anything really, what branch of the service was he in??? It could be from asbestos, and not smoking...

Was not a Jerry fan......I had the feeds and he had some pretty bad things to say......don't want to get into it.

Hope he can be cured.

jmho :pixiedust:

I remember reading a post by someone at the CBS boards back during the BB-10 season who was asking CBS to PLEASE have Jerry's throat checked out for cancer. They talked about their father, uncle, relative or friend sounding like Jerry was sounding and it later turned out he had throat cancer. I can't find that post over there now because their Search function really doesn't work over there and there are just WAY too many pages of topics to go through.

The closest I could find was a post at Joker's (by "milliesmom") back on September 11 when the show was ending which said:

If anyone who reads this knows Jerry, please tell him that his voice/throat might be cancer. Having the kind of voice he has can be a warning sign.

I wouldn't say this but once during the feeds I heard him say that his voice just started changing and that he would hope it would change back before the end of the season.

As a cancer patient I would really hope someone gets him to the doctor so that it can be treated.

Thanks.

Archived