Sign in to follow this  
Guest dk32657

Alex & Lynn

Guest Anonymous

Just saw a clip by a Canadian reporter interviewing Alex and Rob last night at the TAR finale party about their upcoming wedding. It might be shown on TV, or snips of it anyway, as Alex and Rob thanked CTV as well as the radio station for sponsoring it.

Also, Alex said that Rosie O (I think it was her) felt so bad that they didn't win a prize for their one time first place finish that she invited them on a 7 day cruise with her and her family, all expenses paid.

So, it ends well for these 2 as well.

Guest Anonymous
Ginger do you mean Alex and Lynn? or was Alex being interviewed and then Rob later? Anyway WTG Rosie what a nice gesture on her part.

Oh my! :shock:

Yes. I meant Alex and Lynn. What a slip! I MUST have had Rob on my brain!!! :P

See, the race is done and my mind is so over it already.... :wink:

I thought that was a very lovely gesture from Rosie as well.

160_warren_ali_050601.jpg

Gay couple thrilled with an 'Amazing' wedding

CTV.ca News Staff

What could be more exciting than racing across the world for $1 million? According to newlyweds Alex Ali and Lynn Warren -- marriage.

"Getting married is much more thrilling than Amazing Race because the prize at the end is true love, and a happy life ever after," a beaming Warren said shortly after marrying Ali.

The gay male couple known from CTV's The Amazing Race wed Wednesday in Ottawa. Ottawa radio station Hot 89.9 picked up the tab for the wedding that the two couldn't legally have in California.

"It was very emotional because it was very real," Warren said of the ceremony. "And it's something that we've been waiting for years and years."

Warren and Ali encouraged every gay couple unable to marry in the United States to come to Canada.

"It's a big world. Come to Canada, come to Ottawa and have a beautiful wedding and celebrate your love. And be with people who celebrate instead of tolerate," Warren said.

Ali's family didn't know he was gay until he went on The Amazing Race. Ali said he probably subconsciously went on the reality show to come out to his parents, who were not at the wedding.

"My father and mother do not support this marriage. They don't believe in gay marriage. But fortunately, I have my aunt and my uncle who helped raise me... here. They are my father figures here," he said.

Warren and Ali are not the only couple to publicly wed since the end of The Amazing Race. Second-place finishers Rob Mariano and Amber Birch tied the knot in a lavish beachfront wedding in the Bahamas last week.

The two couples sniped at one another throughout The Amazing Race. But now that the show is over, it seems the hard feelings may have softened a bit.

"We invited Rob and Amber to our wedding," Ali said. He said they had a limited number of spots for their wedding, so they didn't go to the Bahamas.

"I don't know how we didn't make the cut," Warren joked

Guest ranster627

I am very happy for them ... I understand though, from a plot line in QAF, that their marriage will not be recognized in the US?

There was a clip of their wedding on CTV local news last night. They looked so happy. It was nice to see Joyce and Uchenna attended their wedding also.

Lynn and Alex commented that they expected to see protesters outside the wedding, but there were none... only fans who attended in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the happy couple!

So.. I can't tell from the story... did Rob & Amber go to the wedding or not?

No, I don't believe so.

Ranster, you're right, their marriage won't be recognized in the US, I'm afraid :(. Unless they move to Massachussetts, perhaps...because I think gay marriage is still legal there.

Guest ranster627

wanted to answer this all day Nak ... we are lucky up here as it looks like we will be legal across our country ... still experiencing hiccups, but the die is cast here! :D I think the same slow change will happen in the States too ... what we have now is the reaction of fear of the unknown, but that will settle, and people will see through the clouds ... (I hope)

I sure hope you're right! We seem to be taking one step forward & then one step back. Like for instance, marriage bans have been approved in several states (including Kansas, grrr). However, some states have taken the bans to court to be revoked & have WON! So who knows where things will stand in 5 to 10 years. I'm hopeful that gay marriage will be legalized in the US in my lifetime, yet I'm not holding my breath. However, I'm doing everything I can (campaigning wise) to ensure that it'll eventually happen in the future.