Sign in to follow this  
Guest dk32657

Alex & Lynn

It's not paranoia, it's the truth, I personally do not hate Americans, but out in the big world they are not the most favored bunch.

I believe you are correct, King. I recall when travelling in Europe, people would ask what part of the States I was from. When I replied that I was Canadian, their attitude would noticeably change for the better and they became much friendlier.

Guest dk32657

OK, I agree, they are ignorant at times, not perfect, but they STILL ROCK ON and ON and ON and ON! ;)

Guest Anonymous
its a real shame, because people are people regardless of where they're from and should be treated equally.

tell that to Lynex :wink:

I've already quite agreed that their comments were inexcusable. Perhaps the Amazing Race should begin with a cultural sensitisation for its contestants because I've heard equally bad remarks from others in this season and in the last.

Guest Anonymous

I think that in many places, the locals simply do not care for tourists -- of any nationality. Having been a tourist many times, I can attest that sometimes when people travel, there's a couple things they forget to pack: common sense, and human sense. Common sense would prevent them from asking stupid questions (once taking a tour of the Yukon where I now live, one nice little man asked the guide the ridiculous question "Why do the trees grow upside down here?" It was a boat tour and he was noticing the trees that had fallen into the water. ) Human sense would allow them to see that not everyone in the world share the same values we do. The culture of different countries should be expected to be diverse so what we would expect at home might not be something the locals even understand. (Try getting a glass of cold beer in England!)

More tourists should take the time to accept where they are, the culture, the environment, and the lifestyle in order to fully appreciate their time in other countries.

This is what I think Lynn and Alex suffered the lack of. Perhaps it was a race state of mind -- but their words were inappropriate. They could have said, "I don't feel safe or comfortable here" "We're lost". But ridiculing the culture of the area was not right.

Still, they haven't committed a crime -- just an indiscretion -- and one that the majority of tourists make.

Lynlex are lame and their luck will run out

Then we will really see them cry and pout.

They will be eliminated from the race

Haha suckers no chance for first place.

Spooky

1219161513423903d2e49be.gif

]More tourists should take the time to accept where they are, the culture, the environment, and the lifestyle in order to fully appreciate their time in other countries.

Well said, indeed!

I am not an extensive traveller, but I've been to Europe a few times, and both the Dominican Republic and Cuba.

While every country has its buffoons and ignoramuses, you can never generalize and expect that mold to fit everyone. While travelling, I've met sweet people from all over the States, and I've also seen some arrogant s.o.b. behaviour from other U.S. citizens. It certainly takes all kinds, but it's this attitude of visiting a foreign land and thinking (or worse yet - commenting!) that the natives should conform (ex. why don't they speak English here, like everybody else?) that irritates people. That sense of superiority. Not every American tourist exudes this, but some do, and those are the ones that are remembered most, and give the rest, the majority in my opinion, a bad name.

The difference between the vacation resorts I visited in Cuba and the Dominican Republic was that one had Americans, and one didn't. And believe me, Canada has its share of these outspoken, opinionated bunch, as does pretty much every country. (I saw that for myself in Cuba.) And it's not always the young macho type, it can just as well be the little old lady.

So take it easy on Lynn and Ales, whether you love them or hate them or are even completely indifferent, because although we all heard their comments, since they were televised, those comments were actually made privately between themselves, I believe (but could be mistaken). And I'm not saying that makes all the difference, because it's the thought that counts, right? But I've been witness to where tourists show their ignorance by making their comments out loud, in public (like Spooky's example of the tourist to the Yukon), only not just showing their ignorance, but being arrogant and inflammatory.

Even though I side with the Rombers, Lynex is not really THAT bad. Rob himself said it many times, "This is a competition". (Then again, he also said, "Holy Canoli!")

I was just cruising around looking for info on Lynn and Alex and I happened upon many different message boards...I am aboslutely hysterical over reading them..apparently it's not just here.

If you like Romber it's somehow mandatory to hate Lynn & Alex and vice versa :shock: ...weird

Guest dk32657

ROCK ON Lynn, ROCK ON Alex....;)

Guest Anonymous

Lynn and Alex are doing very well in this race. I have high hopes for them in this game.

Guest Stewie

Alex and Lynn can't win this...they don't have the talent.

Now Rob and Amber, that is talent. I love this show but they are the reason I am tuning in for this installment.

With that being said, I have an announcement to make..... Moody and I are teaming up for The Amazing Race 10. Yes, you heard it here first.

So move over Romber, its time to make way for Stoody!!

I am prepared to kick and knock down the token retired couple and Moody is willing to slap the bimbo teams.

It's the Rainbows and Puppies Tour Of The World!!

Guest GaYToR

Alex & Lynn Rock

(gentle nudge) Lynn and Alex DO rock. I gave you the topic. (AGAIN!) Talk amongst yourselves.

This message has been brought to you by your friendly MOD staff.

Guest Anonymous

I like these two -- think I said that before. I think they have a good chance at winning. Alex and Lynn make a very cute couple.

Lynn & Alex Rock similar to a small boat caught in a furious sea..they make me ill

Guest Anonymous

I still like these two. They are such fun to watch.

Guest ranster627

Racism and stereotyping in any form is intolerable IMHO. Even out of ignorance, there is just no excuse! As a gay male with a disability, I have felt it ... and it hurts!

My question becomes larger though ... I question CBS leaving those comments in and not using Editing Discretion ... I think allowing the remarks to air feeds into the stereotypes for some and leaves a bad impression about tourists for others.

Just some thoughts!

Guest XandraSkye
I guess it's to show us that no one is perfect or beyond making a catty comment, especially in a competition.

Guest Anonymous

They are by far the most entertaining couple in the race. They're hilarious -- the way they put on every garment of clothes they could before hitting the finish line? It was hilarious! None of the others are near as entertaining.

Racism and stereotyping in any form is intolerable IMHO. Even out of ignorance, there is just no excuse! As a gay male with a disability, I have felt it ... and it hurts!

My question becomes larger though ... I question CBS leaving those comments in and not using Editing Discretion ... I think allowing the remarks to air feeds into the stereotypes for some and leaves a bad impression about tourists for others. 

Just some thoughts!

Well said Ranster..SHAME ON YOU CBS!!

Guest XandraSkye
They constantly crack me up too.

Guest Anonymous
I guess it's to show us that no one is perfect or beyond making a catty comment, especially in a competition.

You're quite right Xandra. Being human allows us to make mistakes.

Lynn and Alex are the best part of this show this season. I look forward to seeing them win.

So no one besides me thinks they are some what hypocritical. Given the fact that they crucified Rob and Amber for manipulating the rules in their favor (the food comp) But Lynex can manipulate the rules in their favor?(putting on tons of clothes)

I think it was a smart move...but they are hypocrites

Guest cappy
I agree neb. I cant stand Lynex. I want them gone so badly!!!!

Yes they are....I have been dancing all over the house...singing that very song...Ding Dong the Bitches are gone...

Woo Hoo....bye-bye_kittie.gif