Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

Margie and Luke

Marge did great last night, I like her.... Too bad Luke is dragging this team down with his constant crying and whining...

If I was deaf I would be pissed that this clown is representing... Bad choice...

i completely disagree that he is pulling his team down.

i think he should be proud of his accomplishments. i think he does try and if you want to call somone a baby because they can get frustrated look at the asian guy last night. he was crying does that make him a sissy?

and what if he is a sissy he is on the amazing race and is doing great they have been in the top 4 for all the races so far.

i think that is a great accomplishment. others who have no handicap are doing worse than this young man.

i respect the kid for doing great and he does treat his mother with respect.....unlike a lot of kids now a day!

:rolleyes: You do have to admit that he acts like a little kid

look at the asian guy last night. he was crying does that make him a sissy?

Victor, Sure...

he does treat his mother with respect.....

Until things don't go his way, just like a lot of kids now a day...

I don't think he has disrespected his mom at all. And I don't think he was being a sissy or baby last night either. He cheered his mom on, sure. But when was he crying, etc?

Was I the only one who thought getting help by some of the locals loading the cart was unfair? This should have been a task the contestants should have done by themselves. If they had trouble, they could have switched to the Vampire challenge. I thought that was wrong.

immature is the word I would use, especially when it comes to dealing with frustration

he probably is socially behind most.

as far as frustrating ...think about how it would be to be in a situation and one of your senses was gone. i am sure you would get frustrated more as well.

I give this kid and that is right he is still a kid....i know 30yr olds who act more immature than Luke does.... kudos for even trying to do this.

much like Charla who with her dwarfism still met every obstacle she had in her path and i migh add better than her sister.

GIVE THE KID A BREAK!

think about how it would be to be in a situation and one of your senses was gone. i am sure you would get frustrated more as well.

Actually, I would calmly assess the situation then adapt and conquer... But thats just me...

My heart doesn't bleed.

I believe in personal responsibility and persevering without expecting special kudos.

I see it's time to up your meds...

I'm a huge fan of the mom...and he's okay too. I could care less whether he's deaf or not, I just like the team and I love their loose alliance with team redhead.

I love the Mom and I think Luke is OK but he needs to "man up" a little

hmmm man up!

what if Luke is gay?

I think he is doing just fine! They are my favorite team.

I would love to see them and thier red head alliance go all the way. at the end all 4 step on the mat in unison! that would be great and show fantastic team work

I think people are being overly critical of Luke, and my saying that has NOTHING to do with him being deaf and feeling sorry for him or whatever, because I don't feel sorry for him at all. There is nothing wrong with being deaf, it's just different, that's all. I think what some perceive as whining is just how he vocalizes. His speech is not going to sound normal, because he can't hear speech, so there is no way he can form a word that sounds like what most people sound like.

I don't think he expects any special treatment or kudos for what he is doing. But growing up with a disability, he has probably dealt with people having lower expectations and/or telling him he can't do this or that because he is deaf. So it's only natural that he thinks he has something to prove.

Still one of my favorite teams, and I challenge any one of you to point out any time that he has shown disrespect to his mom, because he hasn't.

I think people are being overly critical of Luke, and my saying that has NOTHING to do with him being deaf and feeling sorry for him or whatever, because I don't feel sorry for him at all. There is nothing wrong with being deaf, it's just different, that's all. I think what some perceive as whining is just how he vocalizes. His speech is not going to sound normal, because he can't hear speech, so there is no way he can form a word that sounds like what most people sound like.

I don't think he expects any special treatment or kudos for what he is doing. But growing up with a disability, he has probably dealt with people having lower expectations and/or telling him he can't do this or that because he is deaf. So it's only natural that he thinks he has something to prove.

Still one of my favorite teams, and I challenge any one of you to point out any time that he has shown disrespect to his mom, because he hasn't.

i agree with this 100%

I disagree with it 110%...

Can anyone cite me an example of a situation where Luke was being immature? Being a fan of his, maybe I'm overlooking something.

Listen nobody is picking on Luke. I like the guy and he seems nice but he is whiny and I think he needs to act a little less like a mommy's boy. I think there are a lot of whiny people on the race but I guess you are not allowed to make a negative comment about someone that is handicapped. I only say handicapped because that is the way TAR has marketed him. I don't consider him handicapped.

again I like the kid and I like his mother.

Marty, you're allowed to have any opinion you want and you're free to voice it. Lord knows I'm probably one of the most politically incorrect people on this board. You should see my comments about Scott MacIntyre in the American Idol thread.

I just asked a question because I honestly haven't seen behavior that I'd consider immature or whiney. I've heard him complain that he feels stuck to his mother because he has so much trouble communicating with the other teams. That doesn't sound like a immature mama's boy. He wants more independence.