Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

Margie and Luke

American Sign Language (old names: Amslan, Ameslan ) is the most popular sign language for the Deaf in the United States, in the English-speaking parts of Canada, and in parts of Mexico. Although the United Kingdom and the United States share English as a spoken and written language, British Sign Language (BSL) is different than American Sign Language.

ASL is also used (sometimes with other sign languages) in the Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Puerto Rico, C

Togo

I know people who have went to Togo, and I asked after I read that, and they said that a person she went with had to use sign language with somebody over there..

I was thrilled that they finished 1st. Hope they keep it up. Also, is Luke hot? I wanted to see more of him close up, but . . . . I think Luke's a cutie.

Choo Choo...

I just about peed myself laughing when he went down the hill with the cheese... I had to watch that a few times...

Luke: "I want to show that deaf people can do anything"

Does this clown believe he is the first deaf person to do any of these things??

It's not like you're saving the world here Luke...

I've been out for a while but Luke brought me back to Mortys. I know ASL and NO it is NOT universal. Ever country has there own unique sign language. The ASL alphabit is almost identical to the French sign language. But since a lot of communication has to do with facial expressions and body language there shouldn't be too much of a disadvantage for Luke.

King...love ya but look up Audism. The hearing impaired face much more prejudices than you realize.

:animated_wave: Reality!! :wub:

I am not downplaying people with hearing impairments in any way...

I am just saying I don't need him to tell me "I want to show that deaf people can do anything",

I already knew that... Everything he is doing and more has already been done by others that don't feel the need for admiration...

I like this team - they have a lot of heart, and I hope they keep doing well. I would guess Luke has had the experience through his life of people assuming he can't do this or that because he is deaf. He is just trying to show that people are people, whether they can't hear, see, or maybe not learn like others, they still have strengths and abilities. I can't fault him for that.

My guess is they will drop dramastically (atleast 4) tonight..

:bangin:

Hey, 123, even a blind squirrell finds a nut now and then.... JUST KIDDING!!

What I say?

You read spoilers...

Luke was sure crying like a sissy at the pie throw....

Mommmmmy, that huuurts.... WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Mommas boy...

I wonder if it's because he relies on his vision? A pie in the face would totally disrupt that, now add a lot more pies to the face. Talk about blurry!

I have a question about people who are hearing impaired. You know how when we have an earache, we get off balance? Are people who are deaf feeling off balanced too? If so, maybe that's part of being knocked around by pies that upset him so much also?

I think it's just because he is a sissy...

Notice how he wanted to switch in th middle of the task... QUITTER...

His mom is the highlight on this team...

Luke wanted to do the other choice (the segway) which in hindsight would have been the best choice. In Phil's blog he said they had to do a lot more pies than any other team before they found the cherry. I didn't think he was crying anyway - just frustrated.

I love seeing how he respects his mom and treats her like she is something special. If that makes him a momma's boy, then I hope my boys are momma's boys too!!

Luke isn't the first contestent to get frustrated during a challenge. Like he said...deaf people are just like everyone else. He's allowed to have emotions and he doens't have to be Mr. Perfect just because he's hearing impaired.

I'll be rooting for him until the end.

Go Luke!!

Hi King. :mbabe: