Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Margie and Luke

• Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts

Biography
Margie Adams (50); Luke Adams (22)
Hometown: Denver, Colo.
Occupation: Margaret (Clinical Research Associate); Luke (College Graduate)
Relationship: Mother/Son

This mother/son team is determined to show the world that nothing can stop them from living out their dreams. They enjoy hiking and traveling together and share a strong bond. Luke has been deaf since birth and Margie became his link to the hearing world. He uses American Sign Language to communicate.

Luke and his mother have developed their own short hand sign language and the ability to almost read each other’s mind – an ability that will undoubtedly come in handy on the road. One of the most moving moments they shared was when Luke surprised his mother by delivering a valedictorian speech at his graduation ceremony from Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind.

Margie is looking at this experience as a great opportunity to spend quality time with her son. She describes herself as competitive and a little controlling, but in a good way. She is willing to go anywhere the Race takes her and isn't afraid of adventure. She enjoys hiking and running while Luke also enjoys hiking and biking. Luke describes himself as talkative, determined and adventurous.

Luke hopes to be a role-model for deaf people everywhere while proving that the deaf can do just about anything and to never think otherwise. He believes his knowledge on the topic of anything and everything Race related - he’s one of the biggest fans of the show ever - will help his team win.

Margie and Luke are excited to see new places, experience new foods and learn about different cultures – all the while fulfilling a shared dream – to compete and win "The Amazing Race."

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Another mom and son team- with a twist.
I think I'll like them.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
Toni/Dallas?

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Oh don't even start with that. They should be interesting.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
Luke and his mother have developed their own short hand sign language and the ability to almost read each other’s mind

wierdos.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
No way! My fav team thus far.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
just wait till you get to the cheerleaders.. it may change.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Nah, I still really like them. I hope that they do really well.

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
Wow! I'm anxious to see how they'll do. Usually ppl talk as they go, but they'll have to stop to communicate (ie: when driving etc). I wonder if this will slow them down or how it will impact their time? I hope they do well though.

superstaaar

superstaaar

• Pip
  • 468 posts
I can't wait to see this team in action. I think they will be very interesting to watch and see how they handle / overcome all of the different scenerios people are put in during the race! I hope they go far.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,121 posts
They say when you lose one sense, others are heightened. Luke may have a very keen visual sense, giving him a better ability to see route markers, road signs, clue boxes, etc. This could be one of the most interesting teams we've ever seen on The Race. Even without the ability to hear music, he couldn't be a worse dancer/marcher than Dan from last season.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Haha no kidding! I think other teams may underestimate them because of his disability.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I agree Erin. So many times people only see the DISability and completely miss the ability! I hope they do well, and I can't wait to see them in action.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,159 posts
How can ya not like when a parent and child have a good relationship? Like it!

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Exactly! I hope that they do well too.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!! How cool was it that Phil learned enough sign language to tell them they were team #1!!

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
I was gonna say that too Sugar!!! Love, love, love this team. So glad that they did so well.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
i like them.. they communicate amazingly.

l1zz1e

l1zz1e

• Pip
  • 415 posts
I would never have guessed them to be #1.

btw, is ASL universal?

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
The last I heard, american sign language isn't as common as it once was. I know they've modified it or something to that extent. I took it in school but lost a lot of my signing abilities. I would sign with one of the teacher's at work (her husband is hearing impaired) and she told me how it's changed a lot... so I'm not sure on how universal it is.

Back to this team though.. WOW!!! I tell you I almost cried when I saw the son crying and how amazing it must have felt for both of them to win and I swear even the lawyer dude who came is second was wiping tears back for them as well.. I love, love, LOVE this team. They're my #1 right now. I love how it was the son who grabbed his mom's arm and started running, leading her. It was right on!

Phil signing was hott, hott, hott... I just wanted to jump on him!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users