Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

Linda and Steve

I'm glad to see them go. I couldn't stand them. I wanted to like them, I really did. Sadly, they just annoyed the snot out of me.

I feel sorry for them being on national TV being so pathetic. I really don't think Linda had it all upstairs. They really should not have let her on the show.

I was thinking maybe Steve and Cowboy (from BB) would be a perfect pair for what's

passed as a Sit Com now-a-days.

I thought it was very compassionate how they edited how he treated her when they lost.

but, Marty wasn't far off the mark saying - maybe she shouldn't have been in that type of

a race to begin with.

She sure seemed like she was trying her best from what I saw tho.

I loved that he was so nice to her. But it doesn't bother me that they were eliminated either.

Hopefully when he watched the first episode he really realized what a jerk he was to her. But he definitely redeemed himself in episode two. The two of them just were NOT cut out for TAR.

It doesn't hurt me a bit to see them go.

I agree with Marty about Linda not having all her marbles.

Btw, Hi Marty :animated_wave:

Watching Linda and Steve was just too painful. I agree they were way out of their element on TAR.

Hi Realityfan...... :animated_wave:

:pixiedust:

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Land of the Lost: "Fatal Error" Did in Amazing Race's Steve and Linda

Feb 23, 2009 09:13 PM ET by Joyce Eng

090223amazingrace_stevelinda1.jpg

Steve and Linda, The Amazing Race 14

Linda Cole went off the beaten path down the mountain and found herself and her husband, Steve, off The Amazing Race 14. "It was probably just as painful to watch it as it was when it happened," Steve tells TVGuide.com. Navigating mountain paths wasn't the only thing that cost them a spot in the final nine though. The married couple of 17 years opened up to us to shed more light on how they ended up on that troublesome leg, why they signed up for the Race in the first place and who they're rooting for to win the $1 million.

TVGuide.com: Linda, why did you decide to do the Roadblock?

Linda: When it first came up, it was paragliding, so I thought you pretty much just glide down the mountain. I was like, "Well, I can do this." Well, unfortunately, you can blame it on the wind. [Laughs] I decided not to wait and go down the mountain, and I am not a runner. Unfortunately, I don't run well. I got lost on the mountain. I tried to climb back up, I went down fire trails and by the time I got down the mountain the second time, I didn't know where I was. I mean, it was just a mess.

Steve: If we knew we would end up running that, we never would've let her do that. I would've done that.

TVGuide.com: How far did that set you back?

Linda: Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was lost in the mountains for four hours with no water or anything. Steve will know the time when the last team came down the mountain, which was Jodi and Christie, who were on the last flight an hour behind us, and I think it was, like, 25 or 30 minutes.

TVGuide.com: How did you get that car ride back up the mountain, Linda?

Linda: I stopped a car to get directions and she offered me a ride. So I figured the worst-case scenario would be I would get a penalty, so it was just a risk I took.

TVGuide.com: It's a moot point because you were eliminated, but would you have gotten a penalty for the car?

Steve: We don't know. We probably would have. We weren't the only team to get lost on the mountain. There were several other teams, and I know there was at least one other team that, I was told, got a car ride, so they would've been penalized.

TVGuide.com: Did you guys get lost after you left the mountain? All of the sudden, the shots were at night and it had been 14 hours since the Pit Start.

Linda: The problem was after we did the pies, you had to get the little sawed-off piece of wood. You had to go around the lake and then back into this little town area. After four hours of running on that mountain, I could hardly walk, so that slowed us up a lot.

Steve: I didn't realize Jodi and Christie had already done their pie-throwing and they were going to the wood-cutter. I think that's when we passed them. But that was a good sign that we saw them because they were still there and there's still a whole lot that can happen. But then we ended up going to the wrong town looking for the wrong castle for the Pit Stop. There was another city that was, like, two letters off. So that threw us off. When we got to the castle, we could not figure out how to get in this thing.

TVGuide.com: Did you try to climb the gate like Mike did?

Steve: If I had seen the gate, I would've kicked it open! [Laughs] You had to park in a specific parking place, but the lots were opposite of where the signs said they were. So we drove all the way to the end and checked every entrance possible. Where Mike was, we were actually right there, but we didn't see Phil there. So we ended up in this long alleyway.

TVGuide.com: How far behind

Watching Linda and Steve was just too painful. I agree they were way out of their element on TAR.

Hi Realityfan...... :animated_wave:

:pixiedust:

Hi TCS :animated_wave:

It doesn't hurt me a bit to see them go.

I agree with Marty about Linda not having all her marbles.

Btw, Hi Marty :animated_wave:

Hey Reality it is so nice to see you. Hope you hang out here with us more. How are the kids? I see you a little on My Space but don't go there that much anymore. (mostly just to play the slot machine app)

I hate to harp on them... since they got eliminated and all... but did anyone else think she looked more like she could be his mother than his wife???

I think she was a few (or more than a few) years older than Steve.