Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Golden Globes After Party Photo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,452 posts

The cast of "True Blood," from left, Rutina Wesley,Stephen Moyer, Anna Paquin, Sam Trammell and Nelsan Ellis are seen at the HBO Golden Globes after-party on Sunday, Jan. 11, 2009, in Beverly Hills, Calif. Anna Paquin won the award for best actress in a television series, drama.

Geez, Anna Paquin has that "Who farted?" look on her face. Which could explain Stephen Moyer's "It was me!" look.

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,452 posts
HBO's awards afterparty a hit
By: Mekeshia Madden Toby / The Detroit News

It came as no surprise that Golden Globe-winner Anna Paquin ("True Blood") was at the HBO party.

The same goes for Mark Wahlberg, Kevin Connolly, Jeremy Piven and Golden Globe-winners Tom Hanks (who produced the miniseries "John Adams") and Laura Linney(who co-starred in it).

HBO is their network so, of course, they were in attendance at the poolside party at the Beverly Hilton -- where the 66th annual Golden Globes were also held and started immediately after the show ended Sunday night.

What made the shindig even more fun were all the other non-HBO people in attendance.

Globe-winners Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin (NBC's "30 Rock") and Showtime actors Michael C. Hall ("Dexter") and Kevin Nealon ("Weeds") sipped complimentary champagne and cocktails courtesy of HBO, the most successful network of the night with six statues to its credit.

Jennifer Morrison of Fox's "House" smooched with her new beau, Amaury Nolasco of "Prison Break," while Jon Hamm of AMC's "Mad Men" cracked jokes and
shook hands.

A few feet away, Shemar Moore of CBS' "Criminal Minds" bobbed his head to hip-hop beats and chatted up the likes of Los Angeles Laker Lamar Odom, Tristan Wilds of The CW's "90210" and Hill Harper of the Eye Network's "CSI: NY."

Did I mention Leonardo DiCaprio was in the house? Oh, yeah. Apparently, he's best friends with Connolly of "Entourage."

Actresses Drew Barrymore and Sigourney Weaver also popped in.

So what was up? Why were so many stars shining at the HBO party?

Well, the fact that it was in the hotel couldn't have hurt. The festivities also took place one floor below the auditorium that housed the awards. The fewer steps celebrities have to take the better. By comparison, the NBC party, which was elsewhere at the Beverly Hilton, was a veritable ghost town.

Meanwhile, HBO's menu and open bar acted as the frosting on an already delicious cake.

Eats included sirloin, grilled chicken, mushroom ravioli, salad and these yummy rolls that tasted and looked like round soft pretzels. For dessert, there were brownie bites, apple strudel and lemon cotton candy.

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,452 posts

Kiwi (New Zealand) actress Anna Paquin is the toast of Hollywood and her "Wellywood" family after beating out A-list actresses to take home her first Golden Globe.

Paquin, 26, won the best actress in a television series award for her role on the HBO vampire television series, True Blood.

International media have labelled her the "surprise winner" after she beat Sally Field from Brothers and Sisters, Law & Order actress Mariska Hargitay, Kyra Sedgwick from The Closer and January Jones from Mad Men.

Paquin, adorned in a deep purple gown, accepted her award, "This is awesome, I'm so excited," she said.

When she spoke backstage after she received the award, she said she fought hard to land the role.

"I was the pale brunette from New Zealand, and I'm playing the Southern tanned blonde, essentially a Hooters waitress," Variety magazine quoted her as saying.

"It wasn't the most obvious casting choice, but I just really wanted it and I didn't stop until they said yes."

She said she could not compare her Globe win to her Oscar win for The Piano at just 11-years-old.

"I don't even remember that, it was very blurry and crazy," she said.

"This is quite blurry and crazy, too, but at least I'm old enough to drink and stay out past 10pm."

Her family also expressed their excitement at her win through a statement delivered by Green Party co-leader Russel Norman, whose partner, Katya, is Paquin's older sister.

"On behalf of the New Zealand family, we are absolutely thrilled and very proud of Anna," he said.

"We'll certainly be toasting Anna tonight, we'll crack open a bottle of bubbly and toast her."

Paquin missed out on her first Globe in 1993 when she was nominated for her supporting actress role in The Piano. Winona Ryder took home the award.

Just weeks later, Paquin made history when she beat Ryder and won an Academy Award for her role.

In 2008, Paquin was nominated for an Emmy for the TV movie Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.

True Blood is set in a small town in a world where, thanks to the invention of synthetic blood, vampires no longer have to feast on humans.

Paquin plays the character of Sookie Stackhouse who has the ability to hear people's thoughts, so is open-minded about the integration of vampires with other humans.

Prime Television took advantage of the win, announcing it had secured the 12-part series which would be screened "shortly".

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
Her gap sure was visible that night... you don't notice it too much on the show. I think it's endearing though... awww. wink.gif

RockWithU

RockWithU

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I don't know I really didn't think Paquin deserved that Globe, terrible accent. There was just no competition.

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
She's great. If ever there's a Madonna role up for grabs, she'd be perfect for it.

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
Spot on Elle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users