Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Benjamin "Coach" Wade

heard this song on the radio this AM and it made me think of coach; haven't been able to get it/him off my mind all day, lol

Levon by Elton John

Thanks! One of my favorite Elton John songs is now in my head for who knows how long.

From Reality Blurred today:

This morning, I talked to Survivor Tocantins biggest character, Ben Wade, known on the show as Coach. He was by far the most entertaining and controversial player, and I was glad to finally be able to talk with him and challenge him on what we saw. He was friendly and even occasionally humble as he both defended himself and discussed his behavior.

Ben said that his

Anyway, Ben

I disagree that he is one of the most entertaining and controversial players. I never found him entertaining. I'm so glad he's gone so we won't have to listen to him talk. I suppose he'll have a big 'dragon slayer' speech at the final tribal, and I suppose because Jeff loves him so much, he'll get most time at the reunion. Blech-- I could live without it.

What I love about these shows is the dynamic between people. Every year I find some sort of entertainment from the castaways. Whether it be as individuals alone, or their relationships between eachother. Coach was great to make fun of, but I've been more "entertained" by seeing how things have played out this year with the "strongest" tribe falling prey to the "weaker" one. This season had a lot more to offer than just Coach. He seemed small in contrast.

Coach was huge, he's going to be remembered for seasons to come. He will be one of the most talked about. Just wait and see!

I too think that this season was about more than just Coach. If Jeff wasn't saying all the time how great he was, and hadn't given him such a build up, I don't think we would have paid much attention. Or maybe the opposite is true. Maybe it was how Jeff talked about how great he was, and how he was such a favorite, and brilliant, -- and all those words he used to describe Coach, maybe I would have felt disappointed because he turned out to be just stupid. I thought his stories flat and boring. There was nothing real about him -- not even his delusions and lies.. I felt like it was all fake-- that he was trying to play this character. Like I said -- it all fell flat for me. I felt no joy in him leaving, and didn't care about him staying. I just wish they hadn't wasted so much time on him.

He wasn't a brilliant player. I'm not sure how he got as far as he did, but it was nothing he did. There was always someone they wanted to go more. I am glad the Steven decided to get rid of him. I'm not sure why JT wanted him to stay over Erin. Was he so worried the Erin hurt the blow hard's feelings? Cuz -- she didn't. He loved it -- it gave him a change to talk more.

I just hope the he does not become one of the most talked about players, because I don't think he deserves it -- any more than Corinne deserved to be known as the mega-bitch she wanted to be known for after last season. Both tried too hard, and it just didn't work, IMHO.

It's good to see you around again, Carmen! I think I remember seeing you most during the BB season. I hope you've been doing well.

Can't wait to hear his jury speech/questioning!!!

I can see him making a long speech about honor and being dishonorable. Might turn out to be on of the funniest jury speeches ever.

:animated_rotfl:

He impressed me tonight. Kinda made me like him a little bit. Especially at the reunion show. His lady friend got me laughing though!

I don't believe his lie detector one bit. By refusing Jeff's offer, and then coming out with his own results . . . this guy just doesn't stop with the BS.

in the words of my children when they were little...

WHAT A DWEEB!!!

He cleaned up nicely though. You've got to give him that. He also didn't bug me as much...surprisingly. Ugh, dare I say I found myself laughing along with him????

can't stomach this guy, I don't get why Jeff thought he was sooo damn great and really it takes Jeff down in my eyes because he built him up sooo much, what?? The guy is clearly not playin with a full deck, Coach and the Morman guy (see can't even remember his name,lol) really were the 2 that I thought were dispicable. I did not believe one of coaches stories, thought he was boring, and given too much air time. Well also for me this whole Survivor show has gotten rather predictable the last few seasons, the show is nothing like it was in the very beginning, I am pretty bored with it. Not sayin I won't watch, but it just has lost something for me over the seasons, and coach degfinately was a big downer for me.

Not a coach fan, but he didn't bug me as much at the finale as I expected him too. But... I still love Survivor and always will. I hate to hear talk about 'when will it end?". I don't want it to end! We get some dull predictable seasons, and we get some fantastic ones. I don't even mind the boring ones too much -- I still watch every time.

yes, I expected him to be over the top at the finale, but he was very low key, which is god, cause I got real sick of him during the game,lol just sayin......

Personally, I think this season needed someone like Coach...someone to yell at, cringe over, debate, love to hate...all that good stuff. He drove me crazy but I still found myself always wondering what the next ridiculous thing to come from him would be. He will definitely be remembered. In future Survivor shows we will all have the oh no...not another Coach moment...or that is something Coach would have said/done or what a Coach wannabe. I am just really really glad he didn't make it any further than he did because I seriously thing his ego would have exploded his head.

Yup, this season would not have been as good as it was if Coach or Tyson had not been there.