Sign in to follow this  
WickedOne

New Moon - 11/20/09

From Stephanie Meyers official website..

Chris Weitz will direct New Moon. He directed The Golden Compass, American Pie and About a Boy.

Personally I loved Bella and Edwards casting but thought the director completely missed the mark. Crossing fingers this guy can do it justice. Adios Catherine and good riddence!

chrisweitzletter.jpg

Rumor has it Taylor Lautner has packed on 20+ lbs. since the filming of Twilight and might star in New moon.

Some fans ( can you say teenie boppers ) threatening not to see the movie ( you know they lie ) if Lautner is replaced.

** The slated release in Nov. 2009 is not certain due to a new director stepping in as well as casting issues.

The Jacob casting will be interesting to watch. But I will bet that Lautner will end up getting the part.

Between puberty, weight lifting and double helpings of pasta he might make it.

It's official. Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon. Stephenie released it on her website yesterday.

I don't suppose they can squeeze a nose job in on him before filming?

***January 7, 2009***

Good news about New Moon from director Chris Weitz:

I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.

The characters in Stephenie's books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.

very best

Chris Weitz

I'd just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon

thought she wasn't going to be using him.......hmm....i need to keep up on the news!

thought she wasn't going to be using him.......hmm....i need to keep up on the news!

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr We don't need TWO pokey's yanno.

Just saw Lautner ( Jacob ) on TV all ripped. Total eight pack. Has added 26lbs. muscle.

Good. Maybe he will suit the part now. Heard rumours about Vanessa whatshername from High School Musical auditioning for the part of Leah. Ugh is all I can say.

Good. Maybe he will suit the part now. Heard rumours about Vanessa whatshername from High School Musical auditioning for the part of Leah. Ugh is all I can say.

ET says that's a rumor.

Saw a video with him in it. He's got an eight pack.

In other news, it will probably be confirmed this weekend that Dakota Fanning will play Jane.

I saw this while looking for fan made trailors for the movie...woosh, good choice for Jacob!!

I'm so excited for the next movie. I saw Twilight for the first time last night and was SOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed. Horrible acting, stupid added lines like that whole Spider monkey BS, plus it was very rushed. I'm hoping that this one will better given the bigger budget and more hype.

I think if I hadn't read the books, the movie wouldn't have made sense. Subtle things like how she faught with Charlie didn't have the impact they did in the book..but because I read it, I understood why it would hurt him so much. Anyhow, I should probably post this in the Twilight section, but I'm not.. blah.

The radio I listen to said that Dakota Fanning got a role in the movie, and that drew Barrymore is directing it.

Personally I like her as an actor, but not sure about director.. But thats just what the local radio station said.. Im not sure if its comfirmed or not.

I thought it was the guy who did The Golden Compass? That's what ppl on here said. Wow, Drew??? Ugh, i seriously hope not. She's so loopy in the head...

Whew, thank goodness. Now please confirm... new Jacob, not, or both??? I keep hearing different things based on people I talk to. I want the new one... but I'm not holding my breath. That's not to say I didn't like the old one, I thought he was great and totally wolf like, but he seems too young, not as strong (I don't care if he put on weight), or tall. The "new" Jacob has that right cocky presence to him.