Sign in to follow this  
morty

The Biggest Loser: Couples: MAY CONTAIN SHOW NIGHT SPOILERS

8:00PM on NBC The Biggest Loser

One contestant has a health scare; Alison surprises the contestants with a big twist at the weigh-in.

I like this idea of the "show night thread" that contains spoilers and is warned about in the topic line. If you don't want to know what happened on the show, you're warned in the subject line. Seems like the best decision that can be made. I personally don't mind posting spoiler tags. I post them all the time in the "I love Money" thread. :P

The difference between this season and past seasons is that this season has by far the heaviest contestants ever. Unlike past seasons, everyone genuinely wants each other to lose weight (maybe the exception of Joelle, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I just think she had a few screws loose). Most of them probably have never been skinny and they want to succeed and want each other to succeed. However, I think that is definitely going to change. Only 4 members are originally Jillian's team compared to Bob's original seven players. Also, the black team has 4 Bob players to 2 Jillian players, and now the blue team has 3 Bob players to 2 Jillian players. Whenever the numbers dwindle down towards the end of the season, the perspective of "Who can do this at home" changes to "I want that money." This is because you can't use the excuse that you're voting out someone due to your believing that they can succeed at home because there are only a few weeks left of the season. It will eventually change. Bob's team members have a habit of voting each other out because they want that money. Erik... and Amy....

I like this idea of the "show night thread" that contains spoilers and is warned about in the topic line. If you don't want to know what happened on the show, you're warned in the subject line. Seems like the best decision that can be made. I personally don't mind posting spoiler tags. I post them all the time in the "I love Money" thread. :P

Thank you Cajun... I am really trying to do what's best for the community as a whole...

As far as them sending Dane home over Ron, I have to disagree with Ron not helping them any... He's lost as much as Sione, which is 81 pounds, and Sione doesn't have knee problems... 81 pounds in 2 months is a heck of a lot amount to lose... I believe with all my heart if they put him in the swimming pool, he'd lose much more... It's not his fault Bob doesn't know how to train someone with a knee problem...

I am going to make one last effort to make you all happy, and if this doesn't work, then we are going to go back to not posting pounds nor will people be able to post ANY type of spoiler period...

We are going try a warning thread at the top of the forum... It will tell people on the west coast to be aware that there could be spoilers posted in these threads... It will warn them not to look in the threads if they don't want to see spoilers...

This way you all can post what you want without restrictions, and the people that don't want to see spoilers are warned before hand... I may even add a line to each thread saying it may contain spoilers...

I'm not trying to be a hard nosed mod at all, and would hope that you Marty, of all people know me better than that... I am trying as hard as I can to be fair to EVERYONE, including those that don't want to see spoilers...

This is my last effort!!!

Thank you Yana, I think this is the perfect solution, and I can't see how we would have any further problems. We get to post freely during the show, and if a newbie wanders in, they will surely be able to see all the warnings, so if they read anyway, they can't complain about being "spoiled". YAY!!

Thank you Cajun... I am really trying to do what's best for the community as a whole...

As far as them sending Dane home over Ron, I have to disagree with Ron not helping them any... He's lost as much as Sione, which is 81 pounds, and Sione doesn't have knee problems... 81 pounds in 2 months is a heck of a lot amount to lose... I believe with all my heart if they put him in the swimming pool, he'd lose much more... It's not his fault Bob doesn't know how to train someone with a knee problem...

ITA about the pool - stupid not to use that for Ron. BUT, I do still think Dane was the better choice (for now) to keep around because he can really help in the competitions, and they need to be competitive with a very physically competent black team (with both the cousins and Tara, they are gonna kick arse in physical comps).

Thanks Sugar... I am really glad this seems like it's going to work very well... Thank you Jedi for the idea!!!

Anyone hear anything about Dane not actually running a marathon, but only a half marathon?

If true, you can still color me impressed, but I guess that is a big no no in the running world to take credit for something you didn't do. But I also got the impression that is was not Dane making that claim, but TBL powers that be.

I will see if I can find out any more about this.

Elle:

I'm so tired and apologize for how messy that whole response was. I know I'm not making much sense. I know what I mean though... blah!

I think I know what you mean. It's kind of like those people who play Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, who guess at questions they aren't sure of because they don't want to waste lifelines. The only way to waste something like that, is if you get kicked off before you use them.

Dane was the biggest threat, and I agree it was total game play to vote him off. Complete BS that he will do the best at home... Ron has done well with weight loss, but it's true that he cant' be as big of an asset during challenges. And while he has done well losing, I don't think he has the potential to pull the big numbers like Dane. He would have been able to help his team get farther, and win more challenges. It's a little soon to be thinking about when they compete as individuals. They needed to keep the team as strong as possible I predict they end up losing more weigh ins. Kristen better be worried, next time the go.

I have nothing against Ron, but I think it would have been a much smarter team move, to vote him out.

I hope this doesn't get Bob's forehead vein to throbbing any more than it already does. I don't want to see it blow.

Why has Bob become such an asshat? Is it all because he wants the win? It seems like he's losing it, and going against everything I thought he stood for.

I think some people were talking about it in the Blaine and Dane thread but I didn't pay to much attention.....

According to his wife, he ran 23 miles. They stopped to film a clip for TBL and then the producers gave them a 3 mile ride to catch them up. The wife also said they are not listed as "finishing", so technically there is no fraud as far as the race is concerned. To me if the dude ran 23 miles that is still damn impressive. Kudos to Dane.

I liked how Blaine was standing off to the side watching (He didnt look any smaller at all.. dane that is)

Sure he did. Granted he still has weight to lose, but he was over 400 pounds starting off, so of course he still looks big.

I mean, from when he got eliminated, to when he was running the race.. he looked exactly the same.. AND it didnt say howmuch he had lost.

yep...I didn't hear them announce how much he had lost after he got out too. odd... :animated_scratchchin:

Don't they pretty much always stop saying how much people ost when it gets down to just the two teams? That way it's a suprise when they come back for the finale and we won't know who lost the most at home...

Also about the changes in here... Jedi suggested to me to make a thread and pin it and close it warning people that there would be show night spoilers in the threads here a pretty good while back, I added the idea of adding the spoiler warnings to each thread... If someone else suggested either one of these I missed it and am very sorry about that...

I'm so glad all 'spoiler' issues have been taken care of. I truly don't care how the board is run, and will do my best to abide by any and all rules. I'm just glad it's here and I have a place to spout off every once in awhile.

Thanks for the info about the marathon. I am also impressed if they ran 23 miles. I think I would be a little ticked though, if I didn't get credit that I finished, because of TBL . I mean, that's so close. I don't really understand why they couldn't just keep going, because it's not like there's a time limit, is there?

Oh well. It doesn't really matter -- he's running way more than I ever could, so good for him.

Was that Aubrey on the cover of Prevention magazine? Looking good girl!

I also think they usually stop giving pounds lost at a certain point. Weren't they giving us sizes last season? I suppose it's because some twist is coming where someone will get back in the game. Can they really call it a twist, when they pretty much do it every season?

I hope America gets to vote who they would like back at the ranch. I would give my vote for Dan!

I'm so glad all 'spoiler' issues have been taken care of. I truly don't care how the board is run, and will do my best to abide by any and all rules. I'm just glad it's here and I have a place to spout off every once in awhile.

I am really happy with the final outcome too... We had some growing pains, but I think this is really going to work for us... I am glad that the people that want to talk about what happened on the show before midnight can do so without any problems...

I would totally rule at that challenge, just sayin..... (they have to make healthy versions of high calorie fast food like pizza, burger, and something from taco bell).

Hmmm, Laura gets an extra vote at elim. Could be interesting.

Awww, young Mike is a sweetie, isn't he? That was the nicest most selfless thing that he did for Aubrey. True, no one owes her anything, but he just wanted to do it and he did and I think that was great of him.

And the whole meanest thing she's ever done Jillian thing - I didn't think it was all that bad. Just trying to get Laura to get off her arse and get motivated.

WOW, huge twist at the weigh in. The total of both teams has to be 77 pounds or better and nobody has to go home. BUT if they don't make the goal, each team has to send a person home. Whoa!!!

Awww, young Mike is a sweetie, isn't he? That was the nicest most selfless thing that he did for Aubrey. True, no one owes her anything, but he just wanted to do it and he did and I think that was great of him.

And the whole meanest thing she's ever done Jillian thing - I didn't think it was all that bad. Just trying to get Laura to get off her arse and get motivated.

Sugar ITA... I mean it was really a nice thing for Mikey to do for Aubry... He's a really nice guy it seems, and if that's the worst Jillian's ever done, I don't know what you call the things she's done in the past... That was mild IMHO...

omg those f%ck*ng B@st%rds!!! I can't believe they're making us wait until next week to see if they have immunity or not!?!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OH MY GOD - to be continued??? Are you kidding? Crap!!

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?

Really though I think it just means they have immunity.. I'll be shocked if they don't

I do too - I think Mikey definitely could have lost 9 or more pounds. But it annoys me to have to wait until next week. I was convinced they were going to make the goal since there was little or no time left, and then they get all cute and throw in the to be continued.