Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Big Love

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
I find myself looking forward to Sunday nights because of this show. To me, best acting on tv.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Same, especially with no True Blood or Dexter.

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
I miss the Tudors and True Blood!!

Scuba

Scuba

• Pip
  • 9,136 posts
okay, nikki shoving her father down the stairs was priceless!! LOVED IT! even makes up for rhonda getting some trucker love

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
Show took a wrong turn for me. Nikki's been a bit difficult to "like" (I did though) but, I don't think I'll ever forgive them for writing her character into helping a pedophile "get over" on the justice system.

Scuba

Scuba

• Pip
  • 9,136 posts
but its her dad..........i like that they are making nikki think for herself a little bit........well, at least she's trying too. poor girl is still too attached to mom and dad, but she does have a conscience in there sometimes!

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Darn it! I missed the show Sunday.

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
I was just hoping in the end she would do the right thing. I can empathize with her having to decide between her loyalty to Bill, her Dad or morality. BUT, in the end... she chose her pedophile father over "righteousness." Bill had conflict between financial security and doing the right thing... and he made the correct decision in the end. imo

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
I missed Sunday's episode, so I can't really comment. But based on what you guys are saying, I wonder if she chose her dad because part of her is still the victim by him? Think back to the beginning of the series, when Bill walked in on Nikki and her father tickling in bed... it was very strange. I always wondered if he molested her growing up. If he did, then went off to marry other, younger girls, she may forget she's the victim and be competing for his love and affection. When you're abused, it messes with your head big time. It probably hurt her, but she also wanted that "special love"/acceptance from him.

I dont' know, but I definitely know there's a deeper story going on there. We just need the writers to tap into it more. She's a strange girl that one, so is Alby or whatever the heck her brother's name is.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Exactly Elle. And don't forget how they are brainwashed from an early age about the "prophet". Look at how messed up Rhonda is too. Nikki is a hard one to like, but that is what makes me want to like her. So many layers. Oh, and she was right -- margene did look like a street walker with the new hair and makeup. She's too cute to need all that.

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
Loved when she shoved her father down the stairs. She is so screwed up by her upbringing but I still like her. Like that her character is so complex.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Watched it last night. So mad that Roman got off! Ugh!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I know Erin. But they have so much more storyline with Roman out of jail. It's gonna get ugly!

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Yes, yes it most definitely is. Stupid Roman... I was hoping his neck would get broken when she pushed him. Darn it!

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Well that was a quickie!!!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Yeah, I don't like it when they end so early. Next week looks really intense though!

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
It does! But that marriage was sure short lived.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I know -- I didn't think it would last, but I thought they would drag it out the rest of this season at least.

joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,461 posts
This Sunday's show was okay.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
I am sure she will still be involved somehow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users