Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Celebrity Apprentice - Season 2

joan has the advantage of working with her team before +1

She definitely has a better team. Let's see what she can do with it.

joan seem to have got the better edit of the two tonight

so maybe .................

the audience booed her :animated_rotfl:

Joan won the task with 3 out of 5 points. And Annie won with 2 out of 5 points.

Wonder why Khloe and T-Boz didn't come to the reunion.

this reunion was very real a lot of bad blood between them all

I think Donald will pick Joan b/c Annie's charity has already gotten so much money form the show.

I figured Trace would pick Joan, but suprised Piers picked Joan, as well.

Wow! Congrats to Joan! I think the press may be against the decision, though.

this whole season was bs

and definitely my last season watching

the fix was in from the beginning to give joan the win

due to the fact she has a new show coming up soon

piers i lost a lot of respect for him tonight

clearly pushing for joan throwing out their whole season performance and pushing with joan just based off of the last task since she won

since joan is 75 she should be given sympathy for having to play the game harder gthoh

annie destroyed her by close to 300k in the last task

joan had melissa playing for her the whole season and none of them bought that up

wasnt annie fan but i respect gameplay and this season she was the better of the two players by a mile

I thought that based on the entire season, Annie would have won. She did deserve to win. I knew Joan would have won tonight's event. Hers was just all around better and I liked that her charity was so close to her heart.

I do think that the Donald hired based on his personal feelings, not his professional.

That being said, I love Joan and am glad she won. I just think Annie did a better job throughout.

I think Joan has been the better player throughout the show..AND she won the final task, she deserved to win.. How can you fire the PM of the winning team?

Before the night began, I was actually rooting for Annie to win. As the show went on, I started rooting for Joan. I have to say I LOVED the way that Melissa and Hershel went out and got those pictures for the party. I LOVED how Hershel got someone to buy all of the tickets so they could just give the other tickets to the people who wanted them, but possibly couldn't have afforded them. I adored the fact that Joan strategically waited to pick Melissa. I cracked up with Dennis and Tom being behind Annie and calling her on the phone, asking her if she needed anything. Annie tonight started acting like Clint did when he wasn't really listening to anybody. Annie took every moment to slam Joan behind her back to her friends in her quest for revenge. When Annie called on personal friends, Joan called on her charity to come down. Tonight, I connected emotionally with Joan's efforts and with her team's results. When Piers came out and said, last year we had 4 criteria and Trace and I tied so you had to take into account our past challenges. Tonight it was 5 criteria and Joan won 3 out of the 5. In the end, even though Joan was out-moneyed... she outperformed and put on a silent auction that captured the "Kodak moment" for those people who were given those tickets. What did Annie do tonight? She let Joan get under her skin and tried to use her money connections to "buy a win" for herself. Would she have fought so hard for the money if Joan hadn't gotten to her? Ultimately, Joan completely out performed Annie and made a bad situation into a great one.

And by the way... whoever that event planner was... completely unprofessional. He had no good ideas and Joan was entirely right to try to bring someone in to help fix his pathetic attempts at creating an event. Joan didn't yell at him or anything, but she was getting frustrated and did not like his "ideas". She did far better in the end without him.

I think Joan won the whole thing because Annie chose revenge in the end, rather than being focused on doing well for her charity.

I knew that Donald would pick Joan. It was looking that way for a long time. Annie really deserved to win. She by far was the most professional and was the better Celebrity Apprentice. Joan was allowed to sit in the board room and trash talk the whole season that I thought was so unprofessional.

Yep the fix was in for Joan .... saw it weeks ago.

Missed the show last night so glad I came here this morning to see who won.

Great assessment Misha... agree 90%. (Except rooting for Annie beginning of night. ;) )

Yeah, I must agree with what Misha said. Joan did not sit in the background and do nothing all season. She was very consistent and well respected by most. She was more of the level head in the teams, such as that first task, where she was PM and Annie was trying to control everything. Just two different personalities.

Now, if someone like Jesse had made the finals with Annie, and he won the show b/c he got 3 out of 5 for the last task, then that would be BS.

Technically, Piers said overall performance was considered last year do to a tie in the final task, and said Joan deserved the win due to her success.

Either way, I would have been happy for either of them to win. Donald obviously had a hard time considering firing Joan, b/c she should have been fired when she was PM not that long ago. Joan also seemed more personable and closer to her charity. And Annie had already won so much for hers.

For the money they raised in the last challenge, do their charities get their earnings, aside from the money given to the winner? If so, then by Joan winning, the over $100,000 she raised and the $250,000 she got for winning still doesn't beat Annie's over $400,000 she raised in the last challenge.

Like I said, I would have been happy and understood it either of them won. I'm pleased with the season.

The fact that Joan walked out with her daughter was never brought up. That should have been a determining factor. I'm pissed. Even though fund raising was only 1/5 of the criteria, that Annie raised about 4 times Joan's amount also should have been given more weight.

It was a popularity contest and nothing more. And a way to give the irrelevant Joan Rivers some publicity.

I hated it.

Well by The Donald having the most well know celebrity win it will help him on future shows bringing in bigger names. I guess Annie Duke even though she did the best job all season did not have the name recognition that Joan Rivers does.

They made comments about Joan's age and her tenacity. I don't think age should give her extra points either.

bottom line is the fix was in ...........

I think that the other factor in the final comp should have been an overall score for the best job all season.

The fact that Joan walked out with her daughter was never brought up. That should have been a determining factor. I'm pissed. Even though fund raising was only 1/5 of the criteria, that Annie raised about 4 times Joan's amount also should have been given more weight.

It was a popularity contest and nothing more. And a way to give the irrelevant Joan Rivers some publicity.

I hated it.

I totally agree. The way Joan talked to and about Annie was so unprofessional!!! I didn't watch the whole season... but I trully can't see how anyone liked the way Joan talked about Annie. She was totally disrespectfull.

Well if we're talking about overall job, it has to be taken into account that Joan was the reason why her team won a good percentage of the time. When she would do the hosting or speaking for a product, the client always LOVED Joan and her sense of humor. She wasn't doing nothing for her team the entire time. Even when her team lost, it was rarely due to Joan (i.e. the product where she came out and her team had chosen those lousy mini-plays. Joan was the onloy thing people enjoyed about that presentation.) And she was able to overcome her problems with Clint in a way that I thought was extremely effective for the rest of the season. It became apparent that she and Clint had a talk off camera about how he could overcome his tendency to not listen to others and they learned to communicate.

Annie didn't learn to communicate with her team except for Brande, because in the end, her teammates were sitting there twiddling their fingers saying "What do we do now?" while Annie micromanaged herself to death. Her event was bland and boring. You can read over my past posts to see that I figured Annie would win, but Joan really did a terrific job at the most crucial moment. Her choice of Hershel was terrific and even though Clint was useless in many ways on that last task, he did some up with some auction items that were really terrific and he didn't exactly get in her way like Tom and Dennis got in Annie's way.

When Annie's team would win, it wasn't always because of Annie's ideas either. At least Joan stepped up to the plate at the very beginning, unlike Annie who waited until she "had" to become PM, even when the task was more suited for her to be in control. Yes, Annie was manipulative and "played the game" very well. But in the corporate world, you don't want someone working for you who is placing you in a position to get egg on your face while she tries to claim all the credit for the good ideas. You want someone who is a team player and who is ready to defend you if need be.

So Joan and her personal attacks against other players was what makes a good celebrity?

Joan throwing things and breaking glasses was good?

Joan stomping out was OK? There were no penalties for that and in fact The Donald said he understood. wah?

Both Joan and Melissa were poor sports, liars and created way too much drama when it was not necessary.

Annie by far was the better business person.

The win should not have been based on just the last competition. She got a point for having the most people. Well how do we know that wasn't a set up and I don't think that should have been a point.

I don't feel like watching the next season because I feel it was such a set up for Joan to win.

I totally agree. The way Joan talked to and about Annie was so unprofessional!!! I didn't watch the whole season... but I truly can't see how anyone liked the way Joan talked about Annie. She was totally disrespectful.

Maybe I'm too Canadian, but regardless of who did better on the task, or throughout the entire season, I have to agree with blahblahblah about the disrespect Joan displayed for Annie. And Annie was right to point out that Donald was remiss in not reprimanding Joan for her remarks and her behaviour in the the boardroom concerning Annie.

It was very irksome to me how Donald kept allowing Joan to interrupt Annie (except for the one time he actually aked Joan to stop), and how he interrupted Annie himself. I don't know if it could possibly have made a difference at that point, but I would have like to see Annie stop being so polite and actually stand up to Donald and Joan by shouting them down enough to actually have her say. Watching that was very frustrating for me.

The Donald also seemed to be inconsistent when it came to firing Khloe over a DUI but praising Dennis to the heavens, especially with the attitude about drinking that Dennis displayed last night.

And Joan should probably have had a black mark against her for having the party planner that the show provided quit on the task and on the whole show. I find that it sullies the reputation of the show and The Donald himself to have such a thing happen. If she wanted to bring her own people in to assist the planner, she could have done that without getting the party planner to quit first.

Another thing is that even if there were 5 criteria that were being judged, who's to say that the 5 should be counted equally? Why was it a simple count of 3 to 2? Shouldn't each one have been graded on a curve, like fundraising gets Annie an A+ and Joan a C? Then you can add up the scores more accurately.

Personally, taking everything I've seen on the show as a whole, if I had a hard task and needed to have it get done with no supervision, I would have to go with Annie over Joan. Joan would probably be able to do a great job, but somehow it seems to me that Annie just has that slight extra edge.

I did not enjoy watching the finale mostly because of Joan's behaviour both during the task and in the boardroom. I would still say the same if Annie had won. I will of course watch the next season, even if I don't enjoy it. (I just can't stay away!)

Nicely said, Misha. I agree with most of it. For most of the season I looked at the show as if Trump were really hiring an apprentice so I thought Annie was the most qualified since she seemed to be the most like Trump and would fit in better. But her ego did her in at the end. She knew she's win the fund raising task so paid little attention to the other parts of the task. She berated Tom for the pictures he took from the videos and that turned out to be the only other part of the task that her team did better on. So... she really only performed well on one of five parts. In other words she played to her strengths which obviously works for her in poker tournaments but not so much when being a leader. Joan should never have let her personal feelings toward Annie leave her mouth. Had she not, we might have more easily seen how good she really was at listening to what the task required and trying to make it happen. She so obviously cared about her charity and it really was heartwarming to see them all come out to help her. So... was the show about picking someone to work with the Trump organization? If so, Annie was the one. Was it about raising money for charity? Again, Annie should have won. Or was it about leadership? I give it to Joan. Or promoting your charity? Again, I give it to Joan. A few months from now, I'll bet that folks remember Joan's charity better than they remember Annie's and it will show up in additional and ongoing contributions. I disliked Annie more than I disliked Joan at the end so I was glad Joan won but my brain says it really was too close to call.