Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Coronation Street

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Twister

Twister

• Pip
  • 112 posts
Any other Canadian Corrie fans out there?

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
I'm Canadian and I started watching Coronation St probably about 8 months ago and I love it!!

Twister

Twister

• Pip
  • 112 posts
Whoo-hoo finally another fan!!! I have been watching for about 15 years, so if you'd like to know any background on the characters, just ask!

I haven't been able to find a decent forum for chatting about Corrie so that's why I started this thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Sarah finds out about Todd and Karl.... can't believe she hasn't figured it out yet.

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
OMG, that's my favorite storyline right now!! I feel really bad for Sarah...poor thing. I cannot stand Karl - he's not very likeable and constantly seems to be toying with Todd. Although he does seems to be developing genuine feelings for him....

Maybe you can tell me, how did Sarah become a pregnant teen (with her first child) and how did she end up with Todd...??

Oh, and I'm also waiting for Candice to find out that Tim is married.....it's so obvious that he's stringing her along...I can't believe that she's so oblivious to that....
:roll:

Twister

Twister

• Pip
  • 112 posts
[quote=mango]Maybe you can tell me, how did Sarah become a pregnant teen (with her first child) and how did she end up with Todd...??
Okay, when Sarah was 13 she got pregnant by a fellow called Neil (his mum was the nutter who almost killed Bethany earlier this year). Neil didn't have anything to do with Bethany when she was born and his character was rarely mentioned, until he died about a year ago and Sarah befriended his mum, Brenda. Anyway, if I recall correctly, she never actually had full blown sex with Neil, but got pregnant from some heavy petting :roll:

Todd used to go out with Candice before he hooked up with Sarah. I know that Candice slept with Jason, and Todd found out about it, but I can't remember the other details of how Todd and Sarah ended up together... sorry!

[quote=mango]Oh, and I'm also waiting for Candice to find out that Tim is married.....it's so obvious that he's stringing her along...I can't believe that she's so oblivious to that....

I've actually read ahead on www.corrie.net of what's to come (I can't help myself, I'm too curious to wait to find out). I won't give you any spoilers here, but suffice to say you're not going to have to wait too long!

I'm not sure if you would have seen the Richard Hillman storyline or whether that was before you started watching? Gail was married to a murderer who ended up killing Maxine (Ashley's wife). He then died in a car crash. Oh yeah, and did you know that little Joshua wasn't actually Ashley's son? Maxine had an affair with her doctor and it's his kid...

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
OMG...thanks for the background info...there's so much I didn't know....and thanks for the link...I guess we're about a year or two behind...?? I've been checking out the corrie updates and I can hardly wait to see it all unfold, especially now that I've read them....!

Oh and the Richard Hillman storyline was well before I started watching...so I don't really know all that much about it. Before Corrie, I used to watch Australian soaps. I was a huge Neighbours fan and I also used to watch Home and Away at times.

Guest_dk32657_*

Guest_dk32657_*
  • Guests
Awesome, didn't know this forum existed...glad I found it...Coronation Street is my most favorite soapy on tv and I watch it religiously. I used to watch it years ago (26 maybe) lol but hadn't for so many years, and only got back into it within the last 2 or 3 yrs.

I have seen the Richard Hillman story line and wondered if ever the dad would return to claim Maxine's baby, now that Maxine is not in the picture. Will Hillman be resurrected like the DiMera family continues to do so? lol I sure hope not.

I too can't wait until Sara finds out about Todd. I do feel sorry for her though, because she is so smitten with him. It will be interesting.

Thanks for the addy to the Coronation site, I am heading there now...can't wait to read what is going to happen! smile.gif

Twister

Twister

• Pip
  • 112 posts
I don't think Corrie brings characters back from the dead. It's way too "real" for that. And I kind of doubt that they'll bring Dr. Matt back to get his baby -- at least not any time soon, but you never know what will happen 10 years from now! I thought they might introduce that kind of storyline shortly after Maxine died but they kind of dropped it. I don't think Claire even knows that Joshua isn't Ashley's, so it will be interesting to see her reaction if/when she learns that.

I'd love it if they brought back Curly Watts. It could happen. I know that Les's daughter, Leanne, is coming back soon which should be interesting. In case you didn't know, she used to be married to Gail's son Nick (they ran away together and got married when they were about 17 and then divorced soon after). I like it when characters leave the show without dying because then there's always the possibility of a return.

And I think anyone who watches Corrie, watches it religiously. It's the best soap out there, IMHO.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Twister

Twister

• Pip
  • 112 posts
From cbc.ca

Important Coronation Street scheduling information

CORONATION STREET-TWO TIMES A NIGHT
STARTING MONDAY, APRIL 4 ON CBC TELEVISION

Good news for Corrie fans! For 10 weeks, beginning Monday, April 4 at 7 p.m., CBC Television will air two episodes per evening (Mondays through Wednesdays and Fridays) of CORONATION STREET.

As a thank you to loyal fans, CORONATION STREET will telecast from 7 to 8 p.m., returning to its usual timeslot of 7:30 p.m. on June 13.

Sundays will also see an increase of Corrie on the small screen. The previous week’s episodes will repeat from 8 a.m. to noon, except for Sunday April 10, when the show will telecast from 6 to 10 a.m.

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
I know...I just found that out...CBC had a program notice that was running at the bottom of the screen....I just hope that I remember that it's going to be on for a full hour! How exciting!!

Twister

Twister

• Pip
  • 112 posts
[quote=mango]I just watched Coronation St and Todd finally told Sarah the truth. I just have a question....what exactly happened between Todd and Nick?? Why did they keep referring to the kiss that they shared? And when did this happen? Is Nick gay too??
Several months ago when Nick first returned from Canada, he became quite close to Sarah and Todd (this was while Gail wasn't talking to Sarah). Anyway, Todd and Nick became good friends and one night when they were staying up late chatting, Todd leaned over and kissed Nick. Nick is not gay and he immediately said something to the effect of "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Todd immediately backed right off and said it was a spur of the moment mistake, he didn't know what he was doing and he said he wasn't gay, but Nick never bought that. Nick told Sarah what had happened and told her to leave Todd as he's gay. From then on, Nick has always believed Todd to be gay and at every opportunity he tried to warn Sarah off of him, but she wouldn't listen and didn't believe it. Nobody ever told Gail about this incident.

I don't know if you know, but Gail has a half-brother, Steven, who lives in Toronto. He's Audrey's son who she gave up for adoption. The actor who plays Steven appears every once in a while. Nick first moved there to spend time with Steven when he was about 18 and freshly divorced from Leanne, Les Battersby's daughter. At one point he came back and fell in love with Maria, and then she followed him out to Vancouver, but it didn't work out and she was back within a month. Maria used to be engaged to Tyrone -- she worked at the kennel where he got Monica from. I don't know how much of this background you already know about, but maybe some of it is helpful.

I am unable to watch the show on weeknights, so I tape it on Sundays and watch it when it's convenient for me -- hence, I haven't yet seen the scenes you're talking about! I'm thrilled that I'll have 4 hours a week to watch for the next 10 weeks laugh.gif I guess we will catch up a bit closer to the U.K. with these double doses of Corrie.

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
Thank you, Twister, I KNEW I could count on you!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

I didn't know any of that background info since I just started watching the show last year. Now I wish I'd started earlier....

I don't watch Corrie on Sundays cuz it's on too damn early and I want to sleep in, and I also don't tape it on Sundays cuz they've changed the time around a few times. I'm sorry if I gave anything away.... Just one more thing I have to say: the catfight was awesome!!!!!!! LMAO

Seems like everyone has been with each other....just like in the soaps here :roll:

Thanks again!! ((((HUGS))))

Twister

Twister

• Pip
  • 112 posts
Anytime laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users