Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Trueblood

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
Anyone else watching this? I'm really into it!!!

I've got to get some input on something I see coming up here. Don't want to go into all of it if no one else is watching though. laugh.gif

Let me know... please! biggrin.gif

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
I just starting watching Ceci! I really like this show actually. It's really different, having vampires in the open like that. Rather interesting.

scifichick

scifichick

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 88 posts
I meant to catch this but it's been a crazy month. When is it on?

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
I'm not really positive. It's a new HBO series so, it's repeated all the time. I'd check your guide.

Soooo... erinjs, what do you think about the owner of the bar??? (Still learning all their names.) He went wackadoo last eppy. I started suspecting him of being the killer 2 eppy's ago and now it's looking like he might be! scared.gif Who do you think it is?

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
I have no idea who it is! But it will probably end up being the owner of the bar just because I was starting to like him.

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,466 posts
This is a really hot series. It got such a favorable response that HBO renewed it for a second season after the first episode. One critic said it will do as well as "The Sopranos."

I haven't seen it yet, I've got it in my tivo, I'm still watching the VP debates...

HBO also gave it a good time slot, Sundays at 9:00, right before "Entourage." (A show I do watch.)

You can get more hype from the official site, http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
Sunday's are turning out to be a great TV night for me. Entourage, TrueBlood and Dexter. smile.gif

I can't believe Gran is dead!!! animated_shocking.gif

GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

• Pip
  • 18,329 posts
It's on Sundays....I've been meaning to watch back episodes on demand. Sunday is a good night for me and I've been curious about this show. If I can find the time to catch up, I'll give it a go.

Wait..it's on at 9 then either Dexter or this will be watched on demand. Maybe I'll wait for this to end and go back and watch them all.

GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

• Pip
  • 18,329 posts
I watched the first show last night. I did fall asleep on the ending, but will go back and watch again. Interesting, but I kept drifting in and out and I am curious as to what the hell is going on? (I know they're vampires).

A strange, but fascinating show.

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
I'm glad you're giving it a try Ginger. I think it's getting better as the actors get into their characters. It's appeal is on different levels for me. I think it has the good bones of a series like good writing and actors but, it's more than that.

I like what it's trying to do... teach about acceptance of people that are different from you and that there are good and evil people no matter whom (race, faith, sexuality) they are.

What I find interesting about the characters is that, at times, I like and dislike them all. laugh.gif Kinda like real life... no one is perfect, ya know? The one character I knew I liked... Grans... they killed her. mad.gif

What do you think about Sookie? Bill?

Wouldn't it be maddening to be able to hear/see peoples thoughts? But, I'm not sure I'm buying this complete innocent act of hers either. animated_scratchchin.gif

Bill... hmmm, sometimes I think he's completely sexy and handsome and then other times I think he looks odd and too old for the Sookie character.

Anyways... I'm intrigued enough to stick around till the end of the season... maybe more. wink.gif

GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

• Pip
  • 18,329 posts
I watched the first episode again and fell asleep. No reflection on the story, but I am watching it too late at night. Anyways, I will attempt to watch it again.

Sookie is strange and I agree, there is something more to her. Can she be a vampire too? I had to ask around at work today, because I'm missing a whole lot about the plot.

This is what I get so far, the vampires live amongst the humans and are looked down upon (you know like trailer park trash) yet there are those who wish to socialize with them (sensationalism) and those who stay away (prejudicism). The vampires are better looking than the humans (Bill is hot!) and the humans are a few ml's shy of blood from the vampires.

What I haven't seen yet is the typical vampire that we all have come to know and love.....why aren't the vampires attacking the humans?

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
Oh there are... there's a whole group of vamps that want no part of amalgamating with humans. They represent the vampires that we've come to "fear." wink.gif They keep human pets to feed off of and use for sexual toys. But, there is also a coalition now of vamps that are trying to mainstream the group and have pundits on CNN, etc.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
I missed it on Sunday. What happened?

GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

• Pip
  • 18,329 posts
Thanks Ceci. I think I have to finish watching the first episode and move on.

It certainly is a strange show, but one you have to keep watching.

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,466 posts
erinjs, You can go to http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/ and read a full synopsis of episode 5, but be careful, they also have episode 6 posted and I wouldn't want to read that before it airs.

Yes, I'm all caught up on True Blood, and I guess I'm hooked.

Here's a video interview:

Alan Ball, writer of AMERICAN BEAUTY and SIX FEET UNDER, comes back to HBO with TRUE BLOOD starring Academy Award winner Anna Paquin. He's done with the dead and has moved on to...

BTW: Do you recognize Sheriff Dearborne? He's William Sanderson, but you may remember him him from Newhart where he played "Larry" the talkative brother of, Larry, Daryl and Daryl.

Attached File  williamsanderson.jpg   5.66KB   2 downloads

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Thanks Morty!

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,466 posts
So who do you think the killer is?

I was pretty sure it was Sam, now I'm not so sure. I have my suspicions about the coroner's assistant. I don't think it's a vamp, too much blood left, and we've been told vampires drain their victims.

I'd really like to hear you opinions.

If you know who the killer is, please be sure to use the "spoiler" bb code.

GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

• Pip
  • 18,329 posts
I'm so hooked on this show.

I too thought it was Sam (that's what they wanted us to believe) but not so sure now. I think the most unlikely character may be the killer. I was thinking maybe a woman, but the sheriff appears suspicious too. I think he's a vampire hater and trying to pin it on Bill.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
I think the killer is Jason's friend.... the darker haired one. Can't remember his name. That or the Coroner's assistant. How do you think the woman who changed Bill will come into play? Something will happen with that, I am sure of it.

GingerSnaps

GingerSnaps

• Pip
  • 18,329 posts
The one who acts all good two shoes? The one who's mom is the gossiper? The one who had a woman throw himself at her then she got turned off when he drank the "trublood." Good guess, he just might be the vampire hater.

Do you think he really bit her or do you think it's just another dream of Sookie's?

I go with the dream, only because I can't imagine she would have that virgin white romantic nightie tucked away somewhere in her bedroom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users