Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Episodes 5.04: Brave New World

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,838 posts
Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airdate: October 16, 2008

• 09/28 - Meredith freaks out when Derek discovers her mother's old diary in the house, Callie frets as she prepares for her first official date with Erica, and Cristina stumbles into a part of the hospital that neither she nor her fellow residents have seen before. Source: ABC
  • 09/11 - A male patient named Arnie goes to the ER after his wife Maureen threw a remote control at him claiming that he is boring! A doctor explains to Arnie that he's been lethargic because of a bening brain tumor. This could explain why he mostly slept through a trip he took with his wife. Arnie is concerned that Maureen wants to divorce him. However, when she learns that he is sick, Maureen feels really bad. To convince a kid to let the nurse put an IV on him, a doctor agrees to have one put on his own arm. Source: SpoilerFix.com

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,838 posts
Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Airdate: October 16, 2008

• 10/06 - Guest starring Amy Aquino as Marianne, Larry Brandenburg as Arnie, Bre Blair as Lauren, John Sloan as David, Steven W. Bailey as Joe, Kathleen Early as Dr. Daisy Pepman and Max Burkholder as Duncan. Source: ABC
  • 10/02 - The Oct. 16 episode will feature Patrick Dempsey completely naked save for one strategically placed pillow. Source: The Ausiello Files

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,838 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Grey's Anatomy Episode Recap: "Brave New World"

Oct 17, 2008 06:51 AM ET by Erin Lulevitch

This week Callie experiences first-date jitters as she prepares for a night out with Erica and Derek stumbles upon an interesting artifact at Mer's house, which could land him back in his trailer before the week is out. Meanwhile, Cristina uncovers a hidden gem at Seattle Grace.

The light-hearted fun and camaraderie is back! This episode definitely had elements of surprise and silly fun, which was certainly lacking last season. And not to make use of a bad pun, but by the end of this one I was seriously in stitches! Ha!

So, let's start with Callie. The former Mrs. O'Malley sure had herself worked up in a frenzy over a dinner date with Erica. While most people would probably be worrying about getting food stuck in their teeth that night, Callie went the whole nine yards and started fearing the possibility of going all the way. Now, even though Callie had already clued Sloan in on her new romance, she found herself turning to Bailey for advice instead. All I can say is the look on Bailey's face was priceless. In fact, we had to wait quite a while for Bailey's response, which coincidentally, you will, too.

Now onto George. How great was he with Duncan (Max Burkholder), the kid who didn't want to have surgery? All I could think was this kid must be the mirror image of George when he was that age. I loved it when he told the kid's dad, "I think us airplane guys just like to know how things work." And he was right, because that's all it took to get Duncan on board for a surgery of his own. Once George started showing Duncan exactly what to expect, everything was fine. But hello? Can we talk about the moment they showed Arnie (Larry Brandenburg) with his face peeled off? I thought for sure that would scar Duncan for life and send him running out of the hospital…but it didn't. The kid loved it!

Meanwhile, Cristina found herself in a part of Seattle Grace she had never experienced before, the dermatology wing. Complete with their fruity drinks and their full-time massage therapists for the staff, it was like a hidden oasis. It was fun to watch Cristina kick-back and "watch the show" from the dermatology lounge, especially as she tried to enlighten Izzie and Mer with the beauty that is dermatology: "There's no mocking in derm... only warmth and light." Yes, Cristina did paint a beautiful picture of this magical part of Seattle Grace, but she was also quick to admit that a "happy, glowy" world like this would bore her…if only she liked lotions!

Next up is Alex and Izzie. These two so want each other it's not even funny and I'm wondering how long we're going to have to wait for them to just get over their past and get together already! All through the episode they were one-upping each other to claim dibs on the tumor surgery, with Izzie eventually claiming victory. Props to George for inspiring her to find her inner "saloon lady" by making use of her best skills to win this one. And kudos to Mark for the whole Wild West allusion here, which initially fueled the battle between Izzie and Alex.

On the subject of Meredith and Derek, not much can be said as they had very little interaction together in this episode. Derek found Mer's mom's diary and picked a super odd time to bring up the matter (as he lay in bed naked waiting for Meredith to return home). If that's not a mood killer, I don't know what is (even if he didn't read it). But by the end, Meredith forgave him for digging through her mom's stuff and Mer found herself reading the diary in a private place (Derek's trailer) with Cristina by her side.

And now we're back to those final moments that had me in stitches…When Bailey finally found her voice long enough to give Callie advice on what to do about her "uncharted territories," I knew something good was brewing. In fact, Bailey had me at "va-jay-jay." But the absolute funniest part came at the very end when Callie took it upon herself to tell Erica at dinner that they needed "to set some rules about the motherland." Callie even mentioned the need for having a "safe word." Meanwhile, it was clear that all of this heavy stuff had not yet even entered Erica's mind, who admittedly had hoped to just make it to first base. Then the humor turned to a tender moment when Callie returned an adoring look that unbeknown to her, Erica had given her earlier in the day. Callie then softly suggested," Erica, maybe second base, too."

Last, but not least, George passed his exam! Too bad he completely missed how important that moment was for Lexie as she read the official letter of notification to him. Sadder yet, he didn't even wait for her before going to the bar where she found him already sitting with everyone else! Tsk. Tsk.

Okay, so here's my random question for the week: If you're living in a house with your girlfriend and her two roommates, would you really answer a random knock at your bedroom door with only a pillow to hide your private parts? Let me know what you think about this and everything else that made this a "happy, glowy" episode.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
If McDreamy were MY roommate, I would have no problem with him answering the door wearing only a pillow. Just sayin....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users