Sign in to follow this  
Rejuvenated

Amazing Race - 13

My friends and I do a fantasy TAR. I won last year, but am trying to figure out which teams to pick this year..... :animated_scratchchin:

Oh crapola, I'm going to be out of town that weekend! :( I guess I'll have to get my son to record it for me...bummer.

YAY.... they won another Emmy :party_smilie::party_smilie:

Explain to me though how TAR wins the Emmy every year but Phil doesn't get a best host nom..... he was fricking robbed, but I was happy Jeff won it!!

I can't believe nobody has posting a thing about the show tonight except me! Did anyone else watch?

I had it on but sadly missed a bunch... hoping I can find it on youtube tomorrow... I hated the brother/sister team... way to cocky.....

I watched it SugarB...but I had to watch Desperate Housewives after...I'll be posting on it eventually...

I liked the bro and sis team...Starr and Nick....I didn't think they were cocky...just competitive. I like it when teams play to win and not throw in all the fluff about "oh we're here for the experience blah blah blah..."

Still one of my all time favorite shows...so excited that it's finally on!

So much has changed in eight months: The bottom dropped out of the real estate market, Michael Phelps set a record for Olympic gold medals, and two candidates emerged for the presidential election. But I couldn't enjoy any of it. Why? Because for the last eight months there has been no Amazing Race. How could I concentrate on anything in that dark, Keoghanless time, while shaking from the roadblock d.t.s? The presidential race is nothing but a poor man's detour: Yes, there are two choices, each with their own pros and cons, but nobody ever falls in the mud or has to ride a rickety bicycle.

But now, I am whole again. Phil is back (and is it me, or has he dyed his hair?), and he has the extra gravitas that comes from him not having to humiliate himself like the reality-host nominees at the Emmys last week. It would have completely devalued Browsie if it had been spotted arching at Howie Mandel's endless prattling. After writing the TV Watch for Big Brother this summer, I'm thrilled to once again be recapping a show that spans a surface area larger than a bodily-fluid stained backyard. So let's meet this season's teams as they jet off to Brazil, the land where Blong candy grows on trees:

TONI AND DALLAS Do you remember when, in Survivor's second season, Colby won a car and had a sleepover with his mother in the trunk? While everyone else watching was a little creeped out, I wonder if Dallas and his single mother were yelling at the TV, "You two call that spooning?" Toni loves her son. Loooooves her son. I'm not implying that they're romantically inclined, but she idolizes him to the point that I'm guessing her closet is filled with his bronzed bowel movements. ("See that corn? That's m'boy!") He is an athlete, and at one point she kvelled that this was her first golden opportunity to be on his team: Imagine the heartbreak she suffered those many years that she was told, "We're sorry, Dallas' mom, but a woman in her 40s isn't eligible to try out for his high school lacrosse team, no matter how many muffins you offer to bake for the team." Dallas' respect is mutual, which is touching, but I haven't seen this deep a mother-son bond since Sante and Kenny Kimes.

KELLY AND CHRISTY We didn't learn too much about the best-friend divorcees this week except that man oh man do they hate their ex-husbands. Granted, in every season premiere the producers show contestants repeating their identities over and over again ("We're best friends!" "We argue a lot!") but these ladies' segments looked like they were produced by their lawyers. In the candy-delivery challenge

my early pick and I hate to say it is the brother sister team, and the pro football player and his whiney ass wife, only if she can get to the poiint of zipping it about the cheating, geesh, but they are athletic and competitive, also the old friends duo.

Damn football - TAR is late late late! It will start here in about 1/2 hour.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20231270,00.html By Josh Wolk

This may not have been the greatest episode of The Amazing Race ever (though it was very, very entertaining), but it certainly was the stupidest. I can't remember the last time this many low-IQ errors were made in a single hour. Was this an anomaly

Wooo HOOOOO!! Only one football game on CBS here today, so TAR will start on time!!!

Didn't get to see it yet.. was cooking Thanksgiving dinner... YUM.... going to watch it in a half an hour

Isn't your Thanksgiving actually tomorrow?? Do you celebrate early?

I was bummed those old guys went home. Should have known at the beginning when they were talking about how they were taking their time stepping back blah blah that they were going to majorly mess up. And there sure are a bunch of haters towards Starr and Nick. Makes me want to root for them.

Yes Sugar technically the holiday is tomorrow, banks, schools closed etc... but who the heck wants to wait for turkey dinner LOL

A lot of people do the dinner on the Sunday... So they can relax and enjoy the day off

That works. Ours is THursday, so we get three more days to relax and digest! Oh, and SHOP!!!! Love Black Friday. Hope for lots of good bargains this year, since the retailers will be desperate to get people out and spending their money!!