Sign in to follow this  
kayo

American Idol 8 - General Discussion

I'm thinking Tatiana is this season's female Sanjaya. Please NO. I can't imagine anyone voting for her when it gets down to the voting public- well, except for VFTWorsters, that is.

Danny's whole group was awesome...does it seem to you like they are REALLY pushing Danny though by giving him so much airtime? Taylor Vaifuna didn't impress me at all, originally, but she was great in Danny's group. I'm still not overly impressed by Danny's good friend though.

Matt Girard and Kris Allen both have great voices too! India didn't give us much to go on, as far as her voice, since she rapped. Justin disappointed me because I've heard him sing in other videos and he was much better in them than on stage.

Michael Sarver and Matt Breitzke- eh.

I felt like Emily did get a bit of a bump rap, but she did forget the words and Simon DID warn them. I still liked her voice though.

I'm actually not crazy about Jasmine's voice but I feel like I should be. Dunno...just too nasal for me. She'll probably go far though.

Jessica Langseth, from what little I heard, has a unique voice and I liked it.

I've been a big fan of Ann Marie Boskovich but I wasn't impressed by her voice tonight...nor her lack of compassion for her other booted team members.

I love Rose Flack's personality, but her voice was way too week and she deserved to go home.

I was glad to see David Osmond and Michael Castro go home.

And, once again, we didn't hear anything from JoAnne Pacitti (aka "the plant"), Stevie Wright, or Scott Macintyre. I'm not sure the reasoning but I'm almost 100% that Scott will be one of the ones shown singing their final audition number next Tuesday. I'm hoping anyway! His group included Derek Drake (was cut), Von Smith and...I'm not sure who the other guy was. They sang the song "Get Ready" by The Temptations.

For a BIG spoiler on one of the contestants we heard sing tonight...check out the spoiler section if you really want to know! B)

Oh, and bikini girl- don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Thank god bikini girl is gone. Kinds surprised the Osmond guy didn't make it through. But Adam.... Yup, definitely my fav

she was hot though

yeah, full of hot air... :P

Bikini girl was cross-eyed especially when she looked upwards.

my thoughts of tonight show

Mishavonna good

kendall beard was my pick to win but i might have to backtrack lol

scott being honest not very good and should have been cut not very good when compared to the field

anoop very nice

tatiana end this train wreck keeping her for drama is pathetic

joanna charity pure gift to make top 36

adam voice was a bit girly at times for me tonight a bit over dramatic

norman/nick mister antics shouldnt be allowed to advance. this year idol judges are allowing too many circus act to continued is sicken eg.tatiana,norman/nick

nathaniel not good tonight. another average singer allowed into top 36 based on spoilers

jamar i liked a lot but spoilers have him out that sucks

anne marie great great voice winner potential

I know it's early... and there were a bunch I was surprised that made it thru....

BUT - am super disgusted that Tatiana made it to the next level....

I don't think the show needs that kind of childish drama to make folks tune in ... tacky, tacky, tacky

^^^agree Pokey. And they've given her SO much air time it's disgusting. It will build familiarity so she'll get freaking votes.

Well, I have to agree with you, UVP. Scott didn't do so well last night- He was strong at the beginning but was having pitch problems at the end. He is MUCH stronger than that in person. I know he was struggling with a case of nerves and no sleep, as were the others, but no excuse I realize. I do think that he'll do better later on but the competition is fierce so don't know how long he'll last. I still have to root for him though!

My favorites of the night were: Anoop, Matt Giraud, Stephen Fowler (the guy who couldn't remember the words-I still love the tone of his voice), Kristin McNamara and Ann Marie.

The absolute worst of the night: Joanne Pacitti. Who would have guessed? All the stress of the headlines about her must have taken their toll. What WAS that song she was singing anyway? I couldn't understand a word of it.

Still MIA: What happened to Megan Corkrey and Kris Allen? I don't think they've showed either of them since their original auditions! It's really annoying that they give so much airtime to contestants they want to promote- cough, Danny Gokey, cough, cough- and others aren't heard at all.

2nd worst: Tatiana. She is being kept on the show purely for sick entertainment value. What a terrible trick to play on the people in the rooms too, by moving her! I can't imagine what the one group thought when she was moved to their room. I'm sure they thought they were toast.

lmao ... you know how she sat down a little bit away from the group ?

I could just imagine IF she had sat down right next to them .... they would have all

moved (en-masse) 4 feet to the left of her :animated_rotfl:

I didnt get to watch due to weather.. but from every other episode, girls seem to be way out of the league compared to the men.

this season has turned into a big freak show

norman/nick gentle, tatiana wt <<<<<<<<<f

jamar a very good singer get cut for these two

joanna who forgets her words which last i checked simon said they would be cut

by far the worst season with respect to picking the best to compete for the live show

group one is tough a lot of my favs . i dont like too many great singers in that group danny, anne marrie anoop etc....

group of death

I know UVP - I said the same thing. I hate seeing so many of what I consider the best ones in that first group. Let's hope that the judges pick the wild cards carefully when it's all said and done.

Kayo, I know! I wish they would show more Megan Corkery. She was amazing her audition, i dont know why it wont show her any more.

I honeslty dont know why you think the guys are so much stronger..

i think the girls are if anything... I dont know about the guys.. but the ones the directors have decided to show us I dont see any standouts Beside Danny Gokey (But how can't he? they show him every episode.)

Jamar was good not great. But he beat the socks off several that made it through. Simply confirms what alot suspect... that it's all set up ahead of time and now they're adding ridiculous dog and pony shows like Norman and Tatiana. It's like tuning into a bad cartoon.

Joanna Pacitti is out...... Joanna Pacitti deemed ineligible

Fox has announced that controversial American Idol contestant Joanna Pacitti has been disqualified from the show's eighth season competition.

"It has been determined that Joanna Pacitti is ineligible to continue in the competition," the network stated in a late Wednesday night announcement released shortly after the conclusion of the West Coast broadcast of American Idol's pre-filmed "Final Judgement" episode in which Pacitti was shown advancing into the competition's semifinals.

Felicia Barton, a 26-year-old wife and mother from Virginia Beach, VA, will replace Pacitti in the season's Top 36 semifinals.

Fox's statement didn't specify why Pacitti, an unemployed 23-year-old who is originally from Philadelphia, PA, was deemed to be ineligible and a network spokesperson was not immediately reachable for comment. However last week, Star magazine had reported that Pacitti -- who had already previously made headlines for her extensive professional music industry experience, which included a 2006 debut album with Geffen Records -- allegedly has "connections" to two executives at American Idol's 19 Entertainment production company.

According to Star, Pacitti has "very personal connections" to Michelle Young and Roger Widynowski, two executives that work in 19 Entertainment's Los Angeles office. In addition to living in the same apartment complex as the 19 Entertainment executives for several years, Pacitti has also allegedly called Young her "manager" and "best friend" and credited Widynowski -- a former RCA Records publicist -- with "helping me get where I am today," according to the tabloid.

Unlike last season's similar situation in which the show didn't disclose Carly Smithson's prior major label recording deal during its seventh-season audition and Hollywood Week broadcasts, American Idol's eighth-season broadcasts had openly acknowledged Pacitti's professional experience.

(American Idol only requires contestants to not have any current recording or talent management agreements when they audition -- not that they never have signed a professional agreement.)

"I'm from Philadelphia and I moved to L.A. on my own when I was 16. I wanted to do my thing and I wanted to write music and really give it my all," Pacitti said in an introduction clip that was shown before her audition aired during Idol's coverage of the eighth season's Louisville, KY auditions.

"I learned a lot and I think I grew up really fast and I actually really got a chance to see what singers and what artists do and how they struggle," Pacitti added. "It's much harder than anybody could ever imagine."

"I've lost a lot of confidence in the past year, but I'm got trying to calm myself down and focus and go in there and just show them what I've got," Pacitti said before she entered the room to audition for Idol's eighth season and was immediately recognized by new judge Kara DioGuardi.

"Wait a minute, weren't you on A&M Records?" DioGuardi asked Pacitti.

"Yes, a while ago, yes," answered Pacitti.

"You were signed right?" wondered DioGuardi.

"Yes, I was," replied the Idol hopeful.

"This is Joanna Pacitti. I know this girl!" exclaimed the new Idol judge.

"So hang on -- what didn't go right?" asked Simon Cowell about Pacitti's previous recording contract.

"It just didn't work out," she answered.

"So it was their fault?" asked Cowell.

"I'd hope to say that, yeah," answered Pacitti, who then sang Pat Benatar's "We Belong" for the judges.

"I like her. I like you. There's something about you," DioGuardi said after the performance, prompting tears from Pacitti.

"Aw... it's been rough for you, I know," said DioGuardi.

"I'm definitely going to say yes too, based on the voice. You definitely got a voice," added Randy Jackson. "Welcome back to Hollywood - -you got quite a journey going on!"

In addition to her initial audition, American Idol had also acknowledged Pacitti's professional background during Wednesday night's "Final Judgement" episode.

"It's been a tough road for you, we've established how difficult this business is with you," Abdul told Pacitti as she met with the judges to learn whether she had made the eighth season's semifinals cut.

"Joanna, you've done this a bunch of times -- you've had label deals and all this stuff -- when is going to be that time, when is that time that you really step out and show us who you are as an artist?" asked DioGuardi. "That's my concern with you."

"I think the answer to that question is 'When somebody gives her a break' Kara," Cowell responded.

You'd have thought they would have done this BEFORE the chair eliminations.. Last week rumor had it that Felicia Barton was one of the 36, then later reports had her not being among the list. Something fishy going on here...

Fox has announced that controversial American Idol contestant Joanna Pacitti has been disqualified from the show's eighth season competition.

:animated_wave::party_smilie:

but she was a joke from the beginning i cant believe it took them this long to uncovered all this

see ya dont make door hit ya

Wow, the stylists and photographers sure did a number on Scott- he looks hot! (now if they could just work more with his hair...hee, hee- sorry, Scott!)

40148cc0.jpg

aitop36scottku2xs8xe7.jpg

photo source: AmericanIdol.com

Dang, I just heard about the Joanna thing earlier, but didnt have access to a computer...

apparently the 37 person has been bumped up.. I cant remember her name.

Courtesy of: POPEATER

Joanna Pacitti 'Ineligible,' Kicked Off 'Idol'

Although 'American Idol' hopeful Joanna Pacitti was chosen to advance in Wednesday night's competition, FOX released a statement Thursday saying she is "ineligible to continue" and will be replaced with 26-year-old Felicia Barton, Entertainment Weekly reports. For several weeks, Pacitti's eligibility came into question, after it was revealed that she had a former record deal with A&M Records and 19 Entertainment, which is the production company behind 'Idol.' Check out Pacitti's official music video, 'Let It Slide.'

Although Barton was seen being booted on Wednesday night's competition, she's getting a second chance and replacing Pacitti. Fox's officials have not specified why Pacitti has been disqualified, but insiders say her previous music career has deemed her ineligible. The 23-year-old singer revealed that she has already recorded and released several songs and been dropped from a major record label after her debut album failed to be a chart topper.

Star magazine reported last week that Pacitti lived in the same apartment building as 19 Entertainment's Michelle Young and Roger Widynowski, even referring to the former exec as her "best friend."

Sign in to follow this