Sign in to follow this  
kayo

American Idol 8 - General Discussion

Megan has a VERY different voice. Actually both of them are quite different -- good, but different.

not comparing her to Macy Grey, but her voice is very differnt.. Some people LOVE macy's, some Hate it saying its raspy...

she might sorta be like that.. but i am one who loves Megan..

--

Taylor Vaifanoa (16)-Joyful, Joyful- Also very good.

I havent seen many guys that have been good this year at all..

overall best.

#1- Megan Corkrey- Single mom, sleeve tat.

#2- Taylor Vaifanoa (16)- Joyful, Joyful

#3 frankie Jordan- single mom

#4 Rose Flack (wasnt overly impressive, but she can go far if she picks right songs)

--

Worst that made it

Austin- senior class president..

lol mortys is dead

idk but i feel kinda bad that the only traffic this board gets is bb

there are a lot of other great forums here like this one but only the regulars are posting

shame on those bb freeloaders that disappear after bb is over

with that said utah was pretty good talent wise

the girls were very good

Ha, UVP i know.. but with the hecticness BB brings, im kinda glad its not like that year long..

but yes, the girls overall have been better all season long.

The Osmond kid was decent too - weird that he has MS so young. I didn't know his dad had it either.

Oh yeah, i forgot about him.. I think he will get pass hollywood, but i dont know about top 12.

I seem to remember a possible spoiler a while back. But I won't say what it was, just in case someone doesn't want to know.

Yes, there is an AI spoiler thread for those that want to know about Hollywood results- we should keep any spoilers about anyone out of this thread so people who don't want to know anything in advance don't blow a gasket.

I wasn't overly impressed with anyone last night. Frankie Jordan was the best, imo, but her personality was a bit of a turn-off for me- too cocky.

I liked Megan Corkrey too.

I didn't like Taylor Vaifanoa's voice at all but liked her different song choice.

I LOVE Rose Flack's personality but, unfortunately, the vocals were rough. I'm hoping she does much better during Hollywood week.

See with Rose, she hit some really hard notes and made them sound great.. but other notes she just was off tune with.. if she works on it a little bit longer she should be able to hit them.. but I think if she makes it further, she might have a rough time.

wow you guys/gals already know their names

it always take me to the live show to get their names right

Not all of them UVP, I remember rose, cause she is a hippy, and I write down the names of the people I think are good so I can talk to yall about them..

I'm pretty much in agreement about last night's episode. Frankie was my favorite. Rose, though cute as a button, did not make it through on her vocals. I don't think they should have passed her through to Hollywood. She's not good enough. I'd be surprised if she made it through Hollywood week.

do you remember Megan Cork(Something)- Single mom, sleeve tatoo.. I thought she was better then the other single mom.. did you like her?

do you remember Megan Cork(Something)- Single mom, sleeve tatoo.. I thought she was better then the other single mom.. did you like her?

Frankie was a mom, but she had a man with her. I didn't get that she was a single mother. The other girl (sleeve tatoo girl) was good but I preferred Frankie.

I liked Frankie as well. But I am getting ready for Hollywood so I can learn more about our top contenders

please no more pr next year

but i am going out on limb and say the kendall chick who they brieflly showed wins it all

other thoughts

Norman and jackie which ever one makes it will be next sanjaya . jackie to me wasnt good for hollywood

adeola chick should have stayed without a job. to just quit a job like that for stardom when you are a subpar singer to begin with is a joke

The top 36 of American Idol 8 has been leaked! If you want to know the final 36 names, visit the AI spoiler thread...

Melinda Camille (nudest)-Feeling good -

I thought was decent

Norman gentle- weird funny guy

-horrible

**Monique torres - 16- has little brother. 2 yes, 2 no.. I thought was good.

I thought she was really good.. suprised she had 2 nos.

Patrica lewis roman -**

I thought she was good..

Nobody stood out though.

Jorge Nunez was the only one who stood out to me- I really liked his voice. I also was surprised by Melinda "the nudist dancer". I thought she was going to be terrible but she actually had a decent voice. Jackie Tohn- the "rocker" didn't impress me anywhere near like she did the judges. I didn't really get to hear enough of Kendall Beard (the blonde) to form an opinion one way or another. She seems like a Carrie Underwood carbon copy to me but I'll wait for Hollywood week to hear her singing a complete song.

I'm definitely looking forward to Hollywood week to hear more from each contestant. I do think it's kinda cool that the "some rise to the occasion" comment in the previews is in reference to Scott McIntyre. I know what song he is singing in that clip too :lipsrsealed2:. I'm also looking forward to hearing more especially from Ann Marie Boskovich, Anoop Desai, Jorge Nunez, Megan Corkrey and Stevie Wright.

I thought Jackie the rocker had a great raspy tone to her voice, but it didn't seem like it could sustain itself week after week. Or even for more than one song at a time.

I loved Jorge last night.

I really get into it once they are down to the final twelve.

I really get into it once they are down to the final twelve.

me too

i am still struggling to get the name right

Sign in to follow this