Sign in to follow this  
kayo

American Idol 8 - General Discussion

Castro's brother is not hot, and the bikini girl has very little talent (except for impressing the male judges with T & A)

I agree wicked. Way cuter than his brother.

Yep! I don't like generic office types. Boringgggggggggggg.

I think he'll survive the Hollywood round. The panel thought he was cocky in a good way and were smiling. Be interesting to watch.

this show isnt about looks.. its about talent..

--

did anybody see the talent in the bikini?

woo hooo.

:rolleyes: lol, obviously you did.

To answer the question whether Michael Castro made it through Hollywood week or not- you could venture into the spoiler section of the message boards... if you really wanna know. :smartass2:

I thought I remembered something from there Kayo - thanks girl!

i didnt find the castro brother during the audition rd to be very good talent wise

to me he made it through due to his connections

the judges arent as selective during the audition rd

but

thank god they did cut him in hollywood round because to me he wasnt good.

just a hour show

i prefered 2 hour slot with less sob stories

but the guy with kids was my favorite

reminds me of elliot yamin with his smooth voice

i prefered TBL, so i dvr'ed american idol.. and i just saw the kid part. i dont think its fair the only reason they went to hollywood is cause of the kids.. if i ever go, im going to bring angelian's babys, and say i adopted a bunch of kids, so they will send me on.

OMG I hated the drama queen they put thru at the start of the show. Her laugh in the confessional (or whatever it's called) made me want to punch her in the face. Seriously.

I liked Kai's voice ALOT. I think he has alot of potential, and I think at this point, the judges put too much emphasis on what someone looks like singing. I think it should be about their voice to move on or not at this stage of the competition. Could have done without the sob story as usual.

HEY, tomorrow night they are in Kentucky. Edit by CeCiMom

No one stood out to me tonight... Kai was the closest. Adam has a good voice, its just too theatrically, feminine sounding for my taste. I'll wait to hear and see him perform an entire song during Hollywood week though. If he's overly dramatic and keeps it up with that high girly voice on the top notes, he's gone. He does have a likeable personality though and would definitely add some fun to the competition.

Kai had a very good voice but I'm still waiting to hear a little more than a couple of lines. The sob story definitely detracted a bit, but hey, he loves his mom so what can you say? It does make me wonder a bit about who'll take care of poor mom if he makes it past Hollywood week though...

The guy with the long hair (can't remember his name) had a pretty good voice but I've seen stuff about him on other sites and he is one weird, creepy dude. Doubt he'll make it based on his personality alone- but who knows?

And the girl with the most ANNOYING laugh on the planet... don't even get me started. She will not last. She cannot last. please.

Kai & Adam best of the night. It surprised me that Adam was criticized for being too theatrical. I didn't get that at all. And I was also surprised that Kai was criticized for not having enough stage presence. What did they want him to do while singing "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes"? I hope they both make it through Hollywood week.

idk but it seem with the producer changed you see a big difference in the way the show is presented

it is being produced similar to bb

we get like a million storyline and less focusing on the main purpose of the show which is a talent show

idk but this year we are seeing less of the really good singers in the audition rds compared to years past

the only good singers we are getting to see is those with a storyline about hard luck

I see Joanna Pacetti as this season's Carly Smithson. Had a record deal but nothing came of it. Both great singers.

It kind of shocked me that Kara knew her. This doesn't sit well with me. Conflict of interest?

Jersey- I totally agree...definitely a plant and a conflict of interest. I even read somewhere that she had connections with AI's producers. Sheesh. Here is an article from MTV about her:

MTV article about Joanne Pacitti

so you know she is a lock to make top 10

i heard her performance but i wasnt overly impress by it

but the whole audition stage isnt really random

for me i always thought they used to have a rule about if you ever had a record deal you couldnt audition

i thought this was the rule in the earlier seasons

Just found out a hometown boy made it through to Hollywood....Matt Giraud

will see how he does...how exciting!!!

King123- Yes, you said that. What do you think about her professional past and producer connections- no problem with that? Just curious because I'd like to get your-as well as others- take on it. It doesn't surprise me at all, I just wish they'd have stronger rules about this. It seems as if they stretch them depending on who they want to go through. And I did think that Kara's whole "hey, I know you..." response was staged and planned to make sure the audience was aware that they knew of her music connections due to all the news articles recently about her, specifically.

Just found out a hometown boy made it through to Hollywood....Matt Giraud

Did he appear in any of the auditions we've already seen? I'll have to look him up!

What do you think about her professional past and producer connections- no problem with that?

nearly all of the top 12 had some sort of professional past last year..

Or atleast thats what they told That old guy on CNN.

-

Honestly It doesn't bother me much if they had a past and didnt do so well.. Maybe their music just didn't get out there for people to hear.. Did you know who she was if Kara didnt say something?

Maybe their music just didn't get out there for people to hear.. Did you know who she was if Kara didnt say something?

I remember her from the big Annie backlash her parents put her through when she got fired from the role at the age of 12. I didn't connect the two, however, until it I read about her in the news regarding AI. I remember the Barbara Walters story, the Entertainment Tonight story and her being on Sally Jesse Raphael. At the time, I felt sorry for her- not because she got fired but because she had a stage mom who used the media outlets to grandstand about the whole issue to get her daughter noticed. She just might make David Archuleta's dad pale in comparison. Anyway, it worked because she did get plenty of offers for tv shows and other musicals. After that, I heard nothing. She does have a good voice-there's no doubt about it-but I hope she doesn't win because, personally, I think she's had PLENTY of opportunities to get her name out there.

Michael Castro is hott! Couldn't tell you if he can sing though.

:devilish::naughty:

I could tell you!

and he sucked

the only one worth a spit is Anoop but he wasnt featured like the others (such as the crappy blind guy who sucked rotten eggs)

then again Elliott Yamin wasnt even shown in auditions and made it to top 3!!!

ANOOP FTW!!!!!

Sign in to follow this