Sign in to follow this  
kayo

American Idol 8 - General Discussion

I'm learning some interesting things about the audition process through a close friend whose friend is in the thick of it right now. Was I the only one totally naive in thinking that they did the auditions for Randy/Paula/Simon on the same day as the original auditions for producers of the show? Boy, was I wrong.

I can't get detailed right now, but this is what he has gone through so far-

1. Showed up for the initial audition with thousands of other people. Went through what I refer to as a basic cattle drive...quickie auditions before people involved with AI (not sure who they were). He/she was given a 2nd date to show up at another location for a 2nd audition.

2. 2nd audition was in front of more of the same- Had a 3rd audition the same day. She/He made it through.

3. Was given a date to perform before Randy/Paula/Simon.

4. A Film crew came to his/her house and took some footage. I think its safe to say that he/she will be most likely featured in one of the audition episodes.

5. I can't say anymore at this point but I do think she/he has a very good chance of at least making it to the Hollywood. We shall see...

How exciting kayo... can't wait to find out who it is you know. :D

Will let you know more when I can! ;)

I guess the thing that surprised me so much was not that the decent singers go through several auditions before they get to R,P and S, but rather, that the REALLY BAD singers go through several auditions before getting to see RPS! lol. It made me realize that most who sing really badly KNOW that they do and know they are getting sent through for that reason OR, if they don't know they sing badly, are humiliated even further because after making it through several auditions to get to RPS they really think they CAN sing! I'm also now betting the RPS sees clips of some of the singers before they even hear and see them in person.

apparently jason castro little brother audition

jmho

This week is Hollywood Week for AI8! Started today... B)

Today they are doing the group performances...

Soooooo, Kayo, since you know this, does that mean that your friend is still in the thick of things???? :animated_scratchchin:

A woman suspected of stalking American Idol judge Paula Abdul was found dead near the former singer

Soooooo, Kayo, since you know this, does that mean that your friend is still in the thick of things????

:shutup:

Wow, the confidentiality agreement the Hollywood week people have to sign must be a doozy...we've been waiting to find out if the person we know has made it or not but the last time we received info. was last Thursday. I think he/she made it to the rooms but after that...nothing. This doesn't necessarily mean they made it to the final 24 because whether they make it or not they still can't say due to the C.A. Argh!

I did some snooping on the internet and it does sound like, if they make it to the final 40 or 24, they make them take down any personal websites. This person's website is still up but they still haven't returned home yet so I guess that might not mean anything- Yesterday was supposed to be the final day of Hollywood Week... :unsure:

hopefully they make it

so we can discuss them :animated_rotfl:

That would be so way cool. I hope they make it too.

This is kinda exciting Kayo... thanks for sharing!!!

:o!!! If a cryptic e-mail sent out to friends that I just received is any indication, I think he/she just might have made it! At least that's what I'm reading into it-can't say too much but it does mention "an exciting new change in management happening in January" and that all links on website and myspace will become inactive in January as the change takes place. Also that his/her independent cds will no longer be available for sale after December. :animated_scratchchin:

UVP- I'm not afraid of a little discussion, both bad and good, cuz that's what it's all about, right?lol. I will say that I am a little concerned about this person being on AI, but only because he/she is amazingly gentle and kind and I know how brutal AI (and the message boards ;)) can be. But they wanted to try it so they had to know what they were getting into! I also think that-if he/she did make it- they are going to have to deal with some people making a judgement call about them based on a specific issue...but I can't go into that further right now, unfortunately. You'll know what I'm talking about later.

I did view a few clips of other people who are reported to have made it to Hollywood week, and their are several really, really good vocalists out there- it should be a fantastic season!

I think I'll see about starting a spoiler thread for AI8 if I come up with further info because I probably shouldn't be posting this stuff in here anymore. :animated_bouncy:

GRRRRRRR wish AI wasnt on the same time as TBL and Scrubs. I can only record so many shows at once.....too many shows, too little time!!!

Von Smith is all over youtube.

Thing is my daughter said he said, he would never go out for AI.

Ok, I just now watched Tuesday's (Arizona), and today's (Kansas City). And I'm going to share my personal exerties..

ARIZONA People I liked.

1) Emily Hughes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDhkKyWvxZc , she is the girl that sings at the first.. Tatoos (And i liked Carly Smithson last season, and she is my favorite so far this year too)

2)Arianna Afsar (16)- She is very good, and a sweetheart, she does charity for nursing home people

3)Stevie Wright

--

KANSAS CITY

1) Ashley Anderson (Might be the best from Arizonia)

2) Casey Carolton (sang If i could walk into the the sky.. Very good.)

3) Matt Breitzke (From OK. I gotta cheer for him. but he is very descent.. I dont know if he has the look to get alot of fans)

4)Jessica Furney

5)Danny Gockey- Stood out to me,I think he will do good.

6) Asa Barnes

7) Lil Rounds- Amazing!

I missed the KC auditions but have them recorded- can't wait to watch it and hear Von Smith over sing/scream...did he, by the way? Will probably watch it tomorrow night before BSG.

Michael Castro is hott! Couldn't tell you if he can sing though.

:devilish::naughty:

Just finished watching the KC auditions and my favorites were: Asa Barnes, Casey and, believe or not, "noop" dog (or whatever his name is). When I closed my eyes, I actually thought he was very good. I liked Danny as well and had alot of compassion for him but, like Scott's story, was a little bugged by the way the producers play up these human interest stories. Not fair to the contestants or the viewers.

...and Wicked, what are you smokin? Michael Castro-:huh2:

Kid's wayyyyyyyyyy cuter than his brother and sounds better too.

michaelcastro.jpg

michcastro.jpg

The panel liked him too.

this show isnt about looks.. its about talent..

--

did anybody see the talent in the bikini?

woo hooo.

Sign in to follow this